Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2023744 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10530 on: July 28, 2017, 04:21:34 pm »
I seem to recall what happened with California and open carry laws.

The NRA pushed heavily for open carry in California.

The Black Panthers began carrying openly.

The NRA pushed heavily for the repeal of open carry in California.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10531 on: August 08, 2017, 04:17:02 pm »
Those sacks of shit gave me ibuprofen for four extracted wisdom teeth, one that required stitches.  My mouth feels like I got in the middle of a knife fight between Michael Meyers and Leatherface.  And I got fucking OTC bullshit non-painkillers.  I'm about six seconds from fucking strangling someone.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10532 on: August 09, 2017, 12:29:13 pm »
Those sacks of shit gave me ibuprofen for four extracted wisdom teeth, one that required stitches.  My mouth feels like I got in the middle of a knife fight between Michael Meyers and Leatherface.  And I got fucking OTC bullshit non-painkillers.  I'm about six seconds from fucking strangling someone.

Codine or gtfo.

Although if you're American you're shit out of luck, I've heard they don't sell it over the counter there and docs are kinda funny about prescribing it.  Opioids though they hand out like fucking Smarties, coz logic.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10533 on: August 09, 2017, 12:46:54 pm »

Codine or gtfo.

Although if you're American you're shit out of luck, I've heard they don't sell it over the counter there and docs are kinda funny about prescribing it.  Opioids though they hand out like fucking Smarties, coz logic.

They don't sell codeine over the counter here, either.

And they give out opioids like candy because the drug companies have been pushing them like nobody's business (plus, then they get to lock those people up when they inevitably go to heroin, so the private prison industry profits, too!).
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10534 on: August 09, 2017, 01:37:57 pm »

Codine or gtfo.

They don't sell codeine over the counter here, either.

And they give out opioids like candy because the drug companies have been pushing them like nobody's business (plus, then they get to lock those people up when they inevitably go to heroin, so the private prison industry profits, too!).

USA! USA!  Wait...

It's the one thing the UK has going for it right now, the ability to buy codeine.  Shame about the doubling in homelessness, the rise in childhood homelessness, the 3 million people relying on food banks some of whom work what should be middle-class jobs, the government wanting ISPs to keep a list of everything you wank to etc etc.  But hey, at least we got codeine to make the pain go away...forever.  I think we're all gonna need it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10535 on: August 09, 2017, 02:57:39 pm »
I like codeine, codeine is good.  Though, the first ever experience I had with opiods (in a cough syrup for a really bad flu) was...oh my god.  I was seriously fucking zen and lazy and happy.  Just sat on the couch all day and occasionally ate something or went to use the shitter.

Its not like I'd be asking for straight-up Vicodin, anyways.  Just something like Percocet to take the brunt of the pain off, or if nothing else make me sleepy enough that I can doze through the worst of it.  Fuck, s'what they gave me when I was recovering from my vasectomy.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10536 on: August 09, 2017, 03:13:56 pm »
The thing with opioids are that they were meant to be used for the sort of pain that nothing weaker can relieve. But overprescription and off-label use has seen their abuse balloon into an epidemic over the last few years.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10537 on: August 11, 2017, 10:26:22 am »
Wisdom Teeth Watch 2017!

My mouth isn't in a state of perpetual agony, anymore.  The pain is well into manageable levels, and I have both had a normal breakfast and coffee for the first time in three days.  It still hurts, but it honestly feels good to chew again.  My jaw has been needing the exercise.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #10538 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:08 pm »
Dear ignorant and/or bigoted idiots:

For the last goddamn time, my wife is NOT A FUCKING MAN!!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10539 on: August 12, 2017, 11:50:37 am »
Petty and small, but when GW2 dailies are in areas that are only for characters of max level.  Half the reason I even do the bastards is to level my alts.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10540 on: August 14, 2017, 12:03:41 pm »
When being in the same street as a previous job causes you to have what I can only describe as a minor panic attack (although I'm not sure as I've never had one before).  Seriously.  That job must have been even more fun than I'd realised.

Just to put it into perspective, I was once the victim of a violent mugging that resulted in physical injury, and I didn't react that way neither at the time nor afterwards when walking down the same street (it was on route to where I lived at the time).  Hell, one time as a kid I was woken up by my house being shaken by the blast from a terrorist bombing and I never had any panic attacks.  Why the fuck I was annoyed when I got made redundant?  I think losing that job might have been the best thing that ever happened to me in retrospect.  Assault and terror attacks I can handle, but apparently talking to people on the phone all day is too much.  I mean I was having the same  conversations over and over again, 40-60 times a day everyday and I felt like I was losing my fucking mind, and the conversations that weren't the same usually involved either angry or desperate crying people threatening suicide, but still.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10541 on: August 14, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »
Applied for a job after several buddies insisted that I should and that it would have been perfect for me.

Didn't get it and now I feel like I disappointed everyone.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10542 on: August 14, 2017, 04:35:57 pm »
Did not get the gym job I wanted, seems I'll be stuck in the same painfully boring job for a while longer.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10543 on: August 14, 2017, 04:42:16 pm »
I can't stop reading things, in my head, in the voice of Hydraulic Press Channel Guy.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10544 on: August 14, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »
I can't stop reading things, in my head, in the voice of Hydraulic Press Channel Guy.

And for today's extra content, we have this accent. It is extremely alluring, and may take over your mental speech at any moment. We must deal with it.