Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156284 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #570 on: March 08, 2018, 11:51:53 am »
He believes in talking snakes and donkeys.  This isn't a science-minded person.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #571 on: March 08, 2018, 09:03:53 pm »
Sally Edwards:  The sun cannot have been created after there was light on the earth.

Guest verified:  There are light sources other than the sun, you know (like the moon, the stars)

*facepalm*

Hey, Mr. Science Degree, the moon is not a light source, dumbass!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #572 on: March 08, 2018, 10:50:02 pm »
Sally Edwards:  The sun cannot have been created after there was light on the earth.

Guest verified:  There are light sources other than the sun, you know (like the moon, the stars)

*facepalm*

Hey, Mr. Science Degree, the moon is not a light source, dumbass!

And light from the stars would take years to reach the Earth. Not to mention, according to Genesis, God created the Moon and the stars at the same time he created the Sun. So not only does he not know basic astronomy, he doesn't know his own holy book.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #573 on: March 08, 2018, 10:59:25 pm »
Perhaps Guest Verified is a pseudonym for Dr. Science
Dr. Science, :”I know more than you do! I have a masters degree in science.”
www.drscience.com
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #574 on: March 09, 2018, 01:48:54 pm »
He's now been told by two people that the moon is not a light source. 
Crickets.

His cute little smiley face he writes immediately after dishing out a childish insult makes me want to smash his face in.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:57:09 pm by Jocasta »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #575 on: March 12, 2018, 07:53:14 am »
Guest verified continues to amaze me....

"Actually, I've proven irrefutably that evolutionists themselves admit evolution hasn't been proven."

I guess the criteria for "irrefutable proof" is that he thinks it is.  No matter that he completely failed to convince me of that, since I was able to figure out pretty quickly that the only two examples he gave me of such a thing were quote-mines.  Kinda like earlier in the conversation when he said, about some point that he'd been arguing, "we've already established that".....no, WE didn't establish a damn thing, you just think you did.

Oh, now I found it, he said "we've already established that there is no proof of evolution".  Which of course, brings up the fact that science doesn't "prove" a damn thing.  But, no, he continues to go on about "proof" of this and that.  Apparently, in the course of getting that science degree of his, the fundamental nature of how science works was never covered.  Since he also thinks that science consists of starting with assumptions and conclusions....at least that's what I assume he meant when he was talking about Christian scientists who "did their science from the Bible" or however he put it.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #576 on: March 12, 2018, 08:55:26 pm »
Guest verified continues to amaze me....

"Actually, I've proven irrefutably that evolutionists themselves admit evolution hasn't been proven."

I am 99% sure now he says things like that to try to goad people into losing their temper so that they get banned.  I have seen him succeed.  Keep your cool as much as you can with this guy, he's looking for a reaction.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #577 on: March 13, 2018, 04:26:13 pm »
I am 99% sure now he says things like that to try to goad people into losing their temper so that they get banned.  I have seen him succeed.  Keep your cool as much as you can with this guy, he's looking for a reaction.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think you're right.  Like you said about how he throws that smug little smiley-face in there.  And how I've asked him point-blank questions about a few things he said and he never answered them at all.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #578 on: March 13, 2018, 08:15:54 pm »
Hm, it might be fun to ask him point blank about the smug smiley face, and to ask if he’s trolling.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #579 on: March 14, 2018, 07:49:39 am »
And there was a whole other conversation in that thread that I just saw this morning, where someone was talking about how the Bible says stars will fall to earth, and they said that would result in the Earth being destroyed....and his response to that was something along the lines of "scientists don't know how big stars are and they'll even admit that". 

I guess that's his standard argument against anything in science he doesn't like, he just claims its "not proven".....but the Bible is, because of scientists, and faith, I guess.  That's another thing, too, he said several times that he had proof of the existence of God, but he never did say just what that was.  Maybe I'll ask him about that, along with a few of the other things he never answered.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #580 on: March 14, 2018, 08:36:27 am »
Someone challenged Guest verified to state if evolutionary biologists were just frauds if evolution is supposed to be a lie.
Guest verified responded by asking them to define what an evolutionary biologist did. 
The person provided four separate definitions.
Then GV told them that they had not provided an accurate description of an evolutionary biologist simply because they didn't include "common ancestor" in the description.  He was told that that is a key to evolution, but not necessary for a job description, and then GV proceeded to tell the person that they clearly don't know what an evolutionary biologist is, even though they'd provided four separate definitions from them.
So, to sum up:  GV dodged the question, turned the challenge around, introduced a red herring, and mocked his opponent. And never ended up answering the question.
That's what he always does.  He's a shyster and game-player, thoroughly dishonest, smug and probably not interested in debate or discussion.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #581 on: March 14, 2018, 07:25:04 pm »
And there was a whole other conversation in that thread

Well, Christian News Network just started a new article about the U.S. Navy to deny secular humanist to server as chaplain.

It seems like many members of Congress (20 Senators and 40 House) disagree with Guest Verified.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #582 on: March 14, 2018, 08:58:39 pm »
It seems like many members of Congress (20 Senators and 40 House) disagree with Guest Verified.

Yeah, but try telling him that.  He’ll tell you the members of Congress agree with him.  Black is white in his world.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #583 on: March 14, 2018, 09:20:10 pm »
Now I'm just waiting for all the people who keep telling me atheism is a religion to show up and say there shouldn't be an atheist chaplain because it's not a religion.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #584 on: March 14, 2018, 10:34:32 pm »
Oh boy.....I just had to go and read through some Christian News Network comments again, didn't I?

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/appeals_court_rules_funeral_home_illegally_fired_male_director_who_wanted_to_dress_as_woman_christia/

A lot of comments raised my ire there, but especially the ones by another person we've had some run-ins with, Skywatcher57.

He basically said LGBT people should expect to be attacked if they're in public, especially if, like the person in the story, they work at the funeral home, and dare to step even slightly out of the closet.  And if he's not explicitly saying that's a good thing, he's certainly not showing any disapproval of it.

I bet he's probably as much of an Islamophobe as anyone, but he pretty much sounds like he wants a "Christian Taliban".

I wrote a pretty long response to him, I even saved it in a screenshot, because I got a feeling they might delete it.