Author Topic: Ahmadinejad's time nearly up  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Ahmadinejad's time nearly up
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:33:48 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/17/world/meast/iran-ahmadinejad/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Supposedly, he's stepped on the Khamenei's toes so many times, that he's lost most of his influence, and won't be seeking a third term.  He's lost most of his ministers and has been locked in a power struggle.

As much as I won't be sad to see him go, I'm still a little concerned about who his replacement might be. After all, it could easily be worse than him.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: Ahmadinejad's time nearly up
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:35:35 am »
I'd rather see Khamenei go before Ahmadinejad, honestly, because he's creating the radicals.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:37:11 am »
^This
It will be worse cause you can't be good and have good standing with Khamenei (see Khatami)
Or maybe here's an idea Khamenei have fair elections to determine who your next leader will be
Seriously I wish Arab spring would happen there it would shut up the right wing here and Israel

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 01:47:18 am »
^ Agreed. If they did end up having that Arab Spring, that would solve a lot of problems for everyone.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:55 am »
Ahmadinejad is essentially just a figurehead. Him stepping down means sweet fuck all.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 04:50:36 am »

Or maybe here's an idea Khamenei have fair elections to determine who your next leader will be

And in other news, Hell freezes over just in time for flying pigs to go ice skating there.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 07:07:25 am »
Ahmadinejad is essentially just a figurehead. Him stepping down means sweet fuck all.

This.

And Khamenei's been in power since 1989, and was already middle-aged THEN.  If we're lucky, he'll just die of old age soon without appointing an equally-radical successor.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 01:16:25 pm »
An Arab Spring would be nice to happen in Iran. If the protests over Ahmadinejad's re-election in 2009 showed us anything, there's already cracks in the foundation of "The Islamic Republic".

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 01:38:00 pm »
An Arab Spring would be nice to happen in Iran. If the protests over Ahmadinejad's re-election in 2009 showed us anything, there's already cracks in the foundation of "The Islamic Republic".
The country itself is secular just the government isn't

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 01:41:59 pm »

I never said it wasn't, I was just quoting what the gov't is refered to by the higher ups.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 02:51:55 pm »

Agreed on both counts.  Most of the Iranian immigrants I have met in the USA left explicitly because they disliked the government there and wanted greater freedoms.

I don't believe for one minute that the youth of Iran really wants to go to war with the USA or Israel, nor do they want to live under a theocratic government.  Remember also that Iran is, in demographic terms, a "younger" country than the USA and most of Europe, the median age being only about 27.  So frankly, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the younger generation rose up in rebellion against Khamenei and his people.

Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 04:15:00 pm »
Actually, no. The fact that a man in the position of president (which Americans, naturally, assume is important) is as crazy as he is is a big barrier to opening up relations. If someone saner replaces him, maybe, just maybe, we can put all this axis of evil bullcrap behind us and open up trade and replace the pissing contest we have now with negotiations of some kind.