Author Topic: A video to destroy your faith in humanity  (Read 1956 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
A video to destroy your faith in humanity
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:23:25 pm »
Sometimes the twisted rationalizations people go to to explain why biblegod allows bad things to happen to them (as opposed to just accepting that there is no god out there watching over us) is just....horrible.  A god like this is worse than there being no god at all:

from Ed Brayton's site:

Wow. I didn’t think I could be shocked anymore by how badly religious belief can twist one’s ideas, but this is pretty appalling. It’s a video where people thank God for horrible things that have happened to them, including one woman who says, “Thank God I was raped. This horrible, terrible thing has happened, and I’m so grateful that it happened, because now I am who I’m supposed to be.” Yikes.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: A video to destroy your faith in humanity
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:14 pm »
I save links to resources on religion (in case my family ever tries to make an issue of my non-belief). The bookmark folder is organized by subject, such as anti-science and child abuse, so it's easier to find specific stories later. I have no idea how to categorize this video. There are so many things wrong here that I don't even know what the proper emotional response is.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:27:51 pm »
I seriously want to reach through my monitor and choke someone.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:23:27 pm »
Incredible! :o   While I was watching this, my mind went to the thread on does reading the Bible making people become atheist.  These are the types of people that, regardless of the amount of perusal of the Bible, they would be unswayed.  If they are thankful for getting raped, suffering with cancer, or any other awful event in their lives, what's a little genocide and other atrocity to them?  Hell, to them, it's all good.

Morons.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 07:13:19 pm »
Maybe it's a Poe taking a jab at the WBC's idea of celebrating disasters and deaths that happen because "it's God's will"? I have a hard time people could be talking about things like this with a smile on their faces.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline czechmate

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 05:24:18 am »
Maybe it's a Poe taking a jab at the WBC's idea of celebrating disasters and deaths that happen because "it's God's will"? I have a hard time people could be talking about things like this with a smile on their faces.
I wish that was the case, but unfortunately these deluded lunatics actually believe that it is "Gods will".
What they choose not to understand is that the KJV was compiled in 1611 by 8 members of the Chuch of England. They EDITED previous (mis)translations to create a version that the King, his Mother and Parliament would approve.
From King James Mother, we get the phobias about witches and homosexuality.
They completely ignored the (over 8000 contradictory) earlier manuscripts which dated back to the 4th century, making the "Bible" we know as the biggest pile of inaccurate bullshit ever inflicted upon mankind.
This is not faith, more like insanity.