Author Topic: Trump in trouble!  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
Trump in trouble!
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:10:52 am »
http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/225234-trump-opponent-david-milne-takes-golf-resort-inquiry-demand-to-holyrood/

Donald Trump is facing opposition, something he somewhat dislikes as he's used to steamrolling people.  In this case, he's still trying to evict people from their homes to make way for his luxury golf development in North East Scotland.

MSPs will take evidence on Tuesday on calls for a full public inquiry into the authorities' handling of Donald Trump's golf resort in Aberdeenshire.

The Public Petitions Committee will hear from Menie resident David Milne whose petition for an inquiry has been signed by 19,000 people.

Including me and a lot of people I know, there's a lot of anger over this.

Mr Trump's £750m luxury golf and housing resort on the Menie estate in Aberdeenshire was approved in 2008, and finally opened last summer.

Mr Milne said: "I'm grateful to the thousands and thousands of members of the public who have supported our call for a full inquiry into the Trump fiasco, which I believe is the only way to get to the bottom of this murky affair, to establish the truth and to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

This includes a documentary team being arrested for the umm, 'crime' of interviewing those who Trump wants evicted in their own homes.  Grampian Police was forced to issue an apology about it.

There's quite a lot of opposition to it since the the Scottish Government made it clear they were 100% behind Trump and completely against the people who live in the area, many of whom have lost homes through 'Compulsory Purchase' orders being slapped on their homes.  A Compulsory Purchase order means the owner has to sell, however, these haven't been used since World War Two when the UK government wanted to buy villages in the UK to be used to train troops for D-Day and fighting in Europe.  This, although unfair to those that lived there, it was seen by many as necessary for the winning of the war.  What no-one ever expected them to be used for was so a millionaire (billionaire?) could forcibly evict people from their houses to make way for his property development.  Throughout the whole process, Trump has been back by politicians throughout Scotland who didn't give a fuck about those who live here. 

More about the documentary about it all can be found here:  http://www.youvebeentrumped.com/youvebeentrumped.com/THE_MOVIE.html

Basically, Scottish politicians and Police have been behaving in a way that would disgrace most third-world dictatorships.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
Re: Trump in trouble!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:26:05 am »
Also found this clip, warning may involve raeg:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADecI4xw-yg

Offline Southern Comforter

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:42:37 am »
Trump apparently wanted to build a golf course in Bedford, NY, but locals were concerned about the "chemical runoff from the course going into a nearby lake." What kind of golf course, a piece of land that's nothing but grass and holes, produces chemical waste ffs?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 07:44:28 am »
Trump apparently wanted to build a golf course in Bedford, NY, but locals were concerned about the "chemical runoff from the course going into a nearby lake." What kind of golf course, a piece of land that's nothing but grass and holes, produces chemical waste ffs?

Perhaps stuff they use to maintain the course?

Also, using eminent domain so some billionaire can have a golf course? WTF?!?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 08:01:31 am »

Golf courses use shedloads of chemicals to keep the golf course free of weeds, plants, etc, as well as to keep the wildlife off.  A friend of mine who's in Greenpeace and I once had a conversation in which he openly stated that putting in a golf course was worse than carpet bombing the area.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:13:49 am »
Is the Scottish government getting money from Trump or something, what the hell are they about?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 08:16:08 am »
Is the Scottish government getting money from Trump or something, what the hell are they about?
You mean that's not a given?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 08:17:44 am »
From the title of the thread, I assumed it was going to be Trump getting his comeuppance! I came here to gloat, not get mad! Please re-title the thread.

Trump Makes Trouble!

Trump Trumping Scots

Trump Wants to Evict People So He Can Build A Gold Course

Are you saying Trump's failing? Trump's stonewalled? The Scottish People aren't moving? What?!

"Trump IN Trouble" means Trump is IN trouble! He's floundering! Between a rock & a had place! Losing! Getting the boot! In submission! Screwing up! Please RE-TITLE THE STUPID THREAD!

Be honest.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:21:13 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 08:45:24 am »
Alex Salmond is a funny chap. Proudly showing his famed independent Scottish spirit by turfing Scottish people out of their houses for the amusement of an obnoxious, obscenely wealthy American douchelord with a terrible combover!

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 08:48:10 am »
Alex Salmond is a funny chap. Proudly showing his famed independent Scottish spirit by turfing Scottish people out of their houses for the amusement of an obnoxious, obscenely wealthy American douchelord with a terrible combover!

And looking the other way when Grampian Police arrest two journalists for the 'crime' of interviewing someone.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 08:51:00 am »

I'd say that there's a huge gravy train involved, but here's something that's pretty telling:  All of the work has been outsourced and Trump is bringing in foreign workers, the 'luxury homes' are going to be a gated community with no contact with the outside world except through work/recreation.  So instead of being a huge economic boost to the area, it's actually having a negative impact on local employment.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 08:56:40 am »

I'd say that there's a huge gravy train involved, but here's something that's pretty telling:  All of the work has been outsourced and Trump is bringing in foreign workers, the 'luxury homes' are going to be a gated community with no contact with the outside world except through work/recreation.  So instead of being a huge economic boost to the area, it's actually having a negative impact on local employment.

Did you address my question?

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 10:02:48 am »

Did you address my question?

No, because it's ridiculous.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 06:30:23 pm »
The fact that golf is a thing that exists annoys me, this just makes me hate it, and Trump, more.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 06:59:31 pm »
I'd be more fond of golf if it involved live hand grenades instead of golf balls.

Also, Trump's an arrogant dickhead who has more debt than brains and really needs to just kind of well...die, already.  Please.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.