Author Topic: Michele Bachmann quitting her house seat in 2014  (Read 2375 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Michele Bachmann quitting her house seat in 2014
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:42:12 am »
Bachmann said her decision to run for Congress and to seek the presidency had been “based solely on my heartfelt concern for our country’s future.”
“Unfortunately today I am even more concerned about our country’s future than I’ve ever been in the past,” she said.
“On so many issues, we’re clearly on the wrong track,” she added.
She said her decision was not influenced by her tough reelection campaign or the investigation into her 2012 presidential campaign. "Be assured, my decision was not in any way influenced by any concerns about my being re-elected to Congress," Bachmann said.  "And rest assured, this decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign or my former presidential staff."
Businessman Jim Graves, the Democrat who narrowly lost to Bachmann last fall, recently announced his intentions to run again.  In a statement after her announcement, Graves said, "This serves to show that even Rep. Bachmann is hearing that Minnesota's 6th is ready for a new, business-oriented approach. As recent polling indicates, our message is resonating with the people of the 6th District and she recognized that. She must also have recognized that it would be an uphill battle for her going forward."

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/29/18578678-michele-bachmann-im-quitting-my-house-seat-in-2014

I hope this doesn't mean crazy wants to run for President again...

Offline dietcokewithlemon

• Neonate
Re: Michele Bachmann quitting her house seat in 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:40:59 am »
I hope she does run.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:44:30 am »
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:51:01 am »
Not surprising. The whole "ultra-conservative MILF politician" thing was cute back in 2008, but by this point everyone's lost interest. Palin, Bachmann, O'Donnel, Malkin and all that lot aren't so much talented or well-loved politicians as they are novelties that have gone out of fashion.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 12:59:04 pm »
Add to the fact she doesn't represent Minnesota anymore and yeah, I saw this coming.

Ironbite-would've been funny to see her justify her opposition to gay marriage though.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »
I hope she does run.

Seconded.

Preferrably as a third party to split the Insane Right vote.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 06:16:15 pm »
Maybe as the Theocracy Party, to lure a large number of the craziest fundamentalists away from the Republican Candidate.

Though judging by some main page quotes, it looks like the religious-racist right is splintering apart on its own.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Diamandahagan

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 08:46:25 pm »
Not unexpected but its a pity. She likely woulda lost or maybe been forced to quit because of the investigations.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 08:54:12 pm »
The constant use of 'be assured/rest assured' makes me very suspicious.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:48:37 am »
Not unexpected but its a pity. She likely woulda lost or maybe been forced to quit because of the investigations.

Of course she was going to forced to quit what with the FBI is now looking at her hard.  She has to know she's in deep shit and needs to spend as much time as possible amassing a new war chest to pay for a legal defense.

Ironbite-but man...this does come as a shock.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 01:27:53 am »
I know she ain't dead yet, but hell, her political career is so I'm posting it anyway.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 01:32:03 am »
Maybe as the Theocracy Party, to lure a large number of the craziest fundamentalists away from the Republican Candidate.

Though judging by some main page quotes, it looks like the religious-racist right is splintering apart on its own.

There actually is a theocratic party for dominionists who think that the Republicans are too liberal for the crazy fundamentalists. it's called, and I'm not joking here, the Constitution Party. The far right are the masters of Orwellian doublespeak.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 07:56:15 am »

There actually is a theocratic party for dominionists who think that the Republicans are too liberal for the crazy fundamentalists. it's called, and I'm not joking here, the Constitution Party. The far right are the masters of Orwellian doublespeak.

:P THE CONSTITUTION PARTY?! :P
How Orwellian! Of course, the trick is, they're betting on normal folks assuming it's the American one when in reality, it's the Mosaic one!

??? :"But...but...The Founding Fathers...Washington...Jefferson...Adams...Franklin...etc...would never support these ideas!"

;) :"Why do you assume we're referring to them when we say 'Constitution'?"

??? :"But...but..."

8) :"How do you know we're not referring to Yahweh, Moses & Aaron?"

:o :'( :"HUH?!....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

;D 8) :"MUUUUHHAHHHUAHAHAAAA! *thunder noises* *'Ave Satanis' plays*! ALL HAIL DEMIURGE!"

SCARY!

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 03:31:05 pm »
I'm not disheartened. She will continue to share her insights, I'm sure.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t