Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387154 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2520 on: September 27, 2018, 12:53:22 pm »
Trump is apparently furious that nobody told him how credible Dr. Blasey would come across.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2521 on: September 27, 2018, 01:34:47 pm »
I think Kavanaugh's gonna be withdrawn.  I mean there's an outside chance of this but if Flake really wants to spit in Trump's eye, he can.

Ironbite-but then again, Trump's an idiot who desperately wants to be told he can play and have no consequences so....

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2522 on: September 27, 2018, 01:39:08 pm »
If they withdraw Kavanaugh (and I'm not sure they will), he'll be replaced by, probably, Amy Coney Barrett--and she is, if anything, even worse than Kavanaugh.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2523 on: September 27, 2018, 01:50:18 pm »
But she doesn't come in in time to decide the cases that Trump desperately needs decided on.  So there's that.

Ironbite-of course, she doesn't come with the sexual assault baggage so I guess it's because she's a woman is the only reason for the circus?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2524 on: September 27, 2018, 02:12:19 pm »
If McConnell wants to rush Barrett he easily could.

Move to bring Barrett to the floor without a positive recommendation from the Judiciary Committee.

Kill the filibuster for such motions when the Democrats inevitably filibuster.

Move again, pass.

Move cloture, pass.

Move the nomination, pass.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2525 on: September 27, 2018, 09:52:54 pm »
You know, I'd love to call my senator about this, but Ron Johnson doesn't take phone calls. Because he knows he's a partisan hack who doesn't actually represent the people.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2526 on: September 27, 2018, 11:54:29 pm »
Kevin Jackson, a FOX News contributor, on Twitter:

.#ChristineBlaseyFord academic problems came from her PROMISCUITY!

Dang girl, stop opening your legs and OPEN A BOOK!

#TeamKJ

It wasn't challenged, because Leftist women are skanky for the most part.

More will be sued and made to pay for this.

I disagree. Feminists are their own worst enemies, and enemy of women.

Also, they want men to NEVER be believed. I'm not succumbing.

TO HELL with the notion that women must be believed no matter what. Lying skanks is what these 3 women are, and we ALL know more

#TeamKJ

.#Democrats latest Great Feminist Hope against #Kavanaugh admits to attending 10 gang-bangs where Kavanaugh "waited his turn"

Something tells me #Swetnick wasn't at these parties for the DRINKS

#DraggingBottomOfBarrel

#TeamKJ

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2527 on: September 28, 2018, 01:22:07 am »
And that got him fired.

Apparently Mr. Kavanaugh went on the news and had a huge nervous meltdown.

He and his friends according to a new report called themselves a certain student's "suicide squad", dedicating themselves to slutshaming her and driving her to suicide. He and his friends marked up the yearbook with their remarks and all of them were disgraceful. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2018/09/25/business/25YEARBOOK6/25YEARBOOK6-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

The one furthest to the left is him.

At this point I retract all prior statements - for all the lunatic right wringing about Amy Coney Barrett being the Chosen One or some crap like that, even SHE would be better than a grown up version of Bryce Walker except somehow even eviler.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2528 on: September 28, 2018, 05:51:05 pm »
Well, the FBI's going to look into it and probably do what they did with Anita Hill: interview people and issue a summary report.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2529 on: September 28, 2018, 06:53:54 pm »
And then they'll confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme court despite any findings and well be stuck with him for the next forty years with roe v wade over turned.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2530 on: September 28, 2018, 07:15:48 pm »
And then they'll confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme court despite any findings and well be stuck with him for the next forty years with roe v wade over turned.

Well, the Democrats' next move, really, is to kill the legislative filibuster and do what FDR didn't: expand the Supreme Court.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2531 on: September 29, 2018, 02:12:40 am »
The amount of Republican tears if that happens is going to be something extraordinary.

EDIT: So Trump told FBI to do an investigation but the Kavanaugh appointment is trucking on (towards an inevitable disaster.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:56:43 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2532 on: September 29, 2018, 08:03:53 am »

Well, the Democrats' next move, really, is to kill the legislative filibuster and do what FDR didn't: expand the Supreme Court.

Oh, I wish I were in Canada with whatever legal dope you got
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2533 on: September 29, 2018, 11:09:52 am »

I'm not saying they will, and I'm not saying they should.

As for up here... go see the Constitution Act, 1982, s. 41(d). That's one of the provisions that keeps the courts up here from becoming politicized.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2534 on: October 01, 2018, 03:04:23 pm »

I'm not saying they will, and I'm not saying they should.

As for up here... go see the Constitution Act, 1982, s. 41(d). That's one of the provisions that keeps the courts up here from becoming politicized.

You’re cute when you ignore ratfuckery.

I.e. Much like gerrymandering, norms and mores, moreso than rules and procedure, that reign in partisanship. Your system, just as much as ours, is susceptible to partisanship; you’ve  just been lucky enough to avoid it.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?