Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387950 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2175 on: March 18, 2018, 03:18:16 am »
What if people are already gay married? Are they made to double gay marry?

Of course. Forced gay polygamy is next on the list, don't you know?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2176 on: March 18, 2018, 06:35:20 am »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2177 on: March 18, 2018, 06:39:57 am »
Don Jr:s wife hired a criminal lawyer as her divorce lawyer...

Current theories are:

-Mueller investigation is going to notice that Junior was involved in criminal deals and they are trying to hide some of that money through divorce and the marriage has no troubles but this is just a money laundering operation.

-Wife is lawyering up and distancing herself so that she won't go down with the ship when Jr and the rest of the clan start getting arrested. And/or she is doing this to protect her kids from the fallout.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2178 on: March 19, 2018, 03:43:09 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/18/politics/rand-paul-mike-pompeo-gina-haspel-cnntv/index.html

Rand Paul went on CNN and decided to be more useful than the Senate Democrats.

He said he'd filibuster Mike "Edward Snowden should be killed" Pompeo and Gina "Burn the torture tapes" Haspel when they come to a vote for their nominations as Secretary of State and CIA Director respectively.

Chuck Schumer, meanwhile, is of the opinion that they should be heard out before he says anything about whether Senate Democrats will try to block them.

I wonder which committees Sen. Paul sits on, because if he and all the Democrats on a committee hearing them vote against advancing them, that effectively kills their nominations because I believe moving them to the floor without being advanced from committee can be filibustered, so unless McConnell's willing to tinker with the Senate rules some more, that's probably a nonstarter.

EDIT: Of course, if he is on the relevant committees, but does what Lisa Murkowski did with Betsy DeVos and votes to move them out of committee and only vote against them on the floor, then Pence can break the tie. (Although even getting a tie would require flying McCain in, because otherwise the vote would fail 49-50 if all the Democrats and Independents vote against.)

EDIT #2: Oh, and further to my point about McCain, getting him to the floor might actually work against Pompeo and Haspel, since he's vehemently against torture, having been tortured himself.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:13:59 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2179 on: March 19, 2018, 07:02:26 pm »
Does Trump not realize how guilty he's making himself look? News is coming out that he wants to try to fire Mueller. Innocent people don't get defensive. If he truly had nothing to hide he wouldn't care that someone was investigating him. I don't know if he had some sort of collusion with Russia but there is some shady shit going on. Money Laundering scandals or some unknown business deals.

There's a reason Trump never released his tax returns, keeps defending Russia and Putin, has had campaign aids that have known connections to Russia like Flynn, Manafort, Sessions, Carter Page, Roger Stone, Had DTJ meet with a Russian person to get dirt on Hillary and admit it in an email, the hotel in Azerbaijan that seemed to be constructed with dirty money, how a powerful Russian Banker met with Jared Kushner, revealed top secret declassified information with Sergei Kislev in a closed door meeting while bragging that the investigation against him was over, firing Comey, did a business deal to open a hotel in Toronto funded but a powerful Russian entrepreneur Alex Schnaider, requested Russia to hack the DNC to find the missing emails which then culminated in the Guccifer 2.0 hacker who might have Russian roots hacking the DNC, The fact that Mike Pence denies knowing anything, how Trump had sold a 100 million dollar house to a Russian fertilizer king during the housing crash, and how the fertilizer king showed up at a Trump Rally during his campaign at Concord North Carolina, how Devin Nunes has access to the white house and has business deals with Russian Miner corporations, says Russian investigations are all fake news, why Jason Chaffetz denied started an investigation into possible Russian Collusion and then happens to quit and go back to private life during the investigation, how Mary McCord the lead DOJ during the investigation decides to resign from her position and why Pam Bundy who was part of the Trump university scandal was appointed by Trump to head the investigation, the blaming of Flynn on Barack Obama, why Poland and British intelligence officers gave information regarding the hacking to Paul Ryan back in 2015 and did nothing with it, how Trump knew about Flynn's involvement with the Russians and hired him anyway and his constant attempts to poorly derail the investigation all together.
Something is going on.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #2180 on: March 20, 2018, 04:38:28 pm »
Does Trump not realize how guilty he's making himself look?
We're assuming a lot of thinking going on in the toupeed dome of the shitgibbon aren't we? Besides, this comes from the guy who bragged that he could shoot someone and not lose faith with his mindless horde!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2181 on: March 20, 2018, 07:57:31 pm »
http://wgme.com/news/local/new-republican-candidate-speaks-out-about-controversial-tweet

Correction to that GOP own goal story from Maine: Leslie Gibson, who called one of the Parkland survivors a "skinhead lesbian" and then withdrew from his Maine state legislative race, had a Republican challenger, Thomas Martin, Jr. Martin will face Democratic candidate Erin Gilchrist, who filed after Gibson's comment, in the general election.

EDIT: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/politics/steve-mnuchin-chris-wallace-line-item-veto-congress/index.html

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin suggested that Congress could pass a rule to give the President a line-item veto. Y'know, that thing they did back in the Clinton years that the Supreme Court found to be entirely unconstitutional.

EDIT #2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_v._City_of_New_York

The case in which a line-item veto was ruled unconstitutional.

EDIT #3: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-28/trump-loses-first-skirmish-in-suit-over-d-c-hotel-profits

A Maryland judge has allowed a lawsuit against Donald Trump alleging violations of the Emoluments Clause to proceed.

EDIT #4:

Messaging tip for the GOP: When Democrats have been accusing you for decades of hating poor people, don't put the phrase "Republicans hate poor people" in anything the public might have the remotest chance of seeing (ie anything, these days).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:46:41 pm by dpareja »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2182 on: April 03, 2018, 08:37:44 pm »
This..... I..... well. I'll just let it speak for itself.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIUiW86x9w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIUiW86x9w</a>

G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #2183 on: April 04, 2018, 05:52:00 am »
This..... I..... well. I'll just let it speak for itself.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIUiW86x9w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIUiW86x9w</a>

"He's finally lost it huh?"
"Yeah-he's gone!"

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2184 on: April 04, 2018, 10:16:15 am »
"So I want to thank the White house historical association and all the people that work so hard with Melania and with everbody to, keep this incredible house, or building, or whatever you want to call it because there really is no name for it, it is special. And we keep it in tip top shape. We call it sometimes Tippy Top Shape. And it's a great great place."

Donald Trump talking like a lobotomy patient.

G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2185 on: April 04, 2018, 10:29:43 am »
I don't know if he's going senile or regressing to the mental state of a four-year-old.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2186 on: April 04, 2018, 11:59:59 am »
The rabbits face after he says Tippy Top Shape says it all.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2187 on: April 04, 2018, 11:30:09 pm »
The signs of dementia are becoming ever more evident as the days go by...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2188 on: April 05, 2018, 07:59:34 am »
The rabbits face after he says Tippy Top Shape says it all.

I also love some of Melania's expressions.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2189 on: April 05, 2018, 09:11:18 pm »
She's prolly playing the long con, hoping he dies before she does and she can get some of that sweet, sweet Donald Drumpf dosh.  Can't say that I blame her, or that the shitheel doesn't fucking deserve it, because he does.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.