Author Topic: Black Teens charged with gathering while black  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Black Teens charged with gathering while black
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 01:36:18 pm »
Snopes, along with exposing hoaxes & urban myths, is now occasionally gets into news-reporting.

In the aftermath of this whole pool-party mess, a bunch of these jerks who instigated the whole thing are getting some "Instant Karma":
http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/11/aftermath-mckinney-texas-pool/

In a nutshell:
* The Cop resigned.
* The instigators lost their jobs and one was a freak who pummeled & spray-painted a bunch of turkeys at a farm.
* People in authority positions who praised the cop's actions also got ditched or demoted at their jobs.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 04:48:05 pm »
That BuzzFeed article with all the interviews and various official statements was actually really good. Thanks.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 05:23:37 pm »
There's another story running around the web that I can't actually find any verification that basically paints the black kids in the wrong by saying this wasn't a pool party or anything but a party next to the pool and the kids were trying to invade the pool or something.  Of course none of this is getting reported because they can't find a single person who'll verify the story so you've got that going for ya.

Ironbite-also apparently Tatiana, the girl who hosted this thing, had enough guest passes for everybody.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 06:26:09 pm »
In some ways, Buzzfeed is a much more serious source of media than the New York Times. Basically anything involving race, Buzfeed will nail it.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 06:44:26 pm »
In some ways, Buzzfeed is a much more serious source of media than the New York Times. Basically anything involving race, Buzfeed will nail it.

I always thought they were hit-and-miss when it comes to racial issues.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 07:06:09 pm »
There's another story running around the web that I can't actually find any verification that basically paints the black kids in the wrong by saying this wasn't a pool party or anything but a party next to the pool and the kids were trying to invade the pool or something.  Of course none of this is getting reported because they can't find a single person who'll verify the story so you've got that going for ya.

Ironbite-also apparently Tatiana, the girl who hosted this thing, had enough guest passes for everybody.

Some are blaming the kids by saying that it didn't matter that the kids had guest passes because "it was a gated community and the party wasn't approved by *whoever is supposedly in charge of the community*", which then defaults into "they weren't obeying commands/resisting arrest/running away, so everything's justified".

It actually made me think of a question:  Why is killing someone out of fear defended, while running away out of fear is treated with derision and deserving of retribution?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 07:35:32 pm »
Because that's when cops shoot them and the cops are never unjustified. <slaps own face>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 08:16:50 pm »
Combat roll.  Don't you do that in video games?

When being pursued by ravenous corpses, yeah.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
Or simply tripping while running and doing an improvised ukemi to minimize the force directed against your body. It wouldn't surprise me if a big part of why the cop went out of control was the embarassment and resulting overcompensation over this incident. This is naturally just speculation but it's true that an ego that's both big and fragile can be dangerous to one's surroundings.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 10:00:01 pm »
Or simply tripping while running and doing an improvised ukemi to minimize the force directed against your body. It wouldn't surprise me if a big part of why the cop went out of control was the embarassment and resulting overcompensation over this incident. This is naturally just speculation but it's true that an ego that's both big and fragile can be dangerous to one's surroundings.

So it was sort of a "Raging Hormonal Nutso Cop" version of.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXU7EVXs2A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXU7EVXs2A</a>
Except "I meant to do that" came in the form of deranged gun-pointing, incoherent yelling, teen-girl pinning and general jerktitude.