Author Topic: Activision-blizzard officially up for sale  (Read 2348 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Activision-blizzard officially up for sale
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:41:38 pm »
Vivendi SA (VIV), the media and telecommunications company that ousted its chief executive this week, has decided to seek a buyer for its $8.1 billion stake in Activision Blizzard Inc. (ATVI), a person with knowledge of the situation said.

Should no buyer emerge for the 61 percent holding in the Santa Monica, California-based video-game publisher, Paris-based Vivendi plans to sell shares in the market, said the person, who sought anonymity because the plans are private.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-29/vivendi-said-to-plan-sale-of-stake-in-activision-blizzard.html

Well I wonder who will buy them up?  Maybe Blizzard will split off from Activision and be their own company again....one can only hope haha.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Re: Activision-blizzard officially up for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:25:21 pm »
Here's what I think happened at Vivendi...

"Panderans? Are you fucking kidding me? Sell that shit NOW."
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 04:21:43 pm »

I'm sure the fallout from Diablo 3 disaster didn't help either.   And maybe I am wrong but has activision put out any games in the last 5 years other than a CoD of some sort?  Being a one trick pony with no other creative boost doesn't help either on the other side.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »

I'm sure the fallout from Diablo 3 disaster didn't help either.   And maybe I am wrong but has activision put out any games in the last 5 years other than a CoD of some sort?  Being a one trick pony with no other creative boost doesn't help either on the other side.
I think a few like War for Cybertron (great game BTW) and Prototype.  However they just fired the Prototype guys so now yeah over half the teams are focused on COD

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:50:13 pm »
On the one hand I'm suprised they'd want to sell a huge milkable cash cow like CAWADOODY or WoW, but on the other... well, maybe they've realized the horse is starting to smell a bit off.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 12:53:38 am »
-whistles-  Hoy, Lord British!  Now's your chance...new Pagan, new Ascension!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 02:35:54 am »
Seeing activision die wouldn't be much of a problem, but to see blizzard go would be quite sad. Despite the problems people were shouting about regarding diablo 3 it is still a very good game. Blizzard does good work so it would be a really sad day to see them disappear or worse, get bought out by EA.