Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273824 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1320 on: May 20, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »
When did I say Antifa weren't against fascism? At least, I think that's what you're going on about.

Against fascism =/= Antifa.

Times like this, I wish I still smoked the devil's reefer. I would love to read this thread. LERLS
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1321 on: May 20, 2018, 08:08:26 pm »
I think that is quite unfair to take what was said less than a week back out of context like that. I think you'll find that Para-anal was 'tired', 'upset' or 'didn't read what they posted'.

Perhaps it would be better if we were told about the trans/not trans brother/ cousin now.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1322 on: May 20, 2018, 08:11:14 pm »
When did I say Antifa weren't against fascism? At least, I think that's what you're going on about.

Times like this, I wish I still smoked the devil's reefer. I would love to read this thread. LERLS

Ohhhh, now I think I know where you got that impression. Looks like there was a miscommunication. I meant that being against fascism didn't necessarily mean you were Antifa, not that Antifa wasn't against fascism.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1323 on: May 20, 2018, 08:22:50 pm »
I think that is quite unfair to take what was said less than a week back out of context like that. I think you'll find that Para-anal was 'tired', 'upset' or 'didn't read what they posted'.

Perhaps it would be better if we were told about the trans/not trans brother/ cousin now.

Yeah, we're just so emotional these days

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1324 on: May 20, 2018, 08:25:53 pm »

Ohhhh, now I think I know where you got that impression. Looks like there was a miscommunication. I meant that being against fascism didn't necessarily mean you were Antifa, not that Antifa wasn't against fascism.

Ironbite-15 yard penalty, third down.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1325 on: May 20, 2018, 08:37:25 pm »

Ironbite-15 yard penalty, third down.

I'm pretty sure by this point, it would just be half the distance to the goal at her back.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1326 on: May 20, 2018, 08:42:51 pm »
If anyone understood what the fuck happens with gridiron. I think it's time we stopped discussing how much Lana loves Nazis and start talking about why either of the Rugby codes or soccer are much better games than Gridiron.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1327 on: May 20, 2018, 08:44:39 pm »
If anyone understood what the fuck happens with gridiron. I think it's time we stopped discussing how much Lana loves Nazis and start talking about why either of the Rugby codes or soccer are much better games than Gridiron.

Soccer is the best sport ever.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1328 on: May 20, 2018, 08:55:40 pm »
You know, I was just thinking that America is a touch overdue for a school shooting. You guys certainly don't disappoint.

I was just thinking the other day that Australia is about 20 years overdue for a mass shooting. What gives?

Every time a would be shooter pops up, the drop bears get him before anything can come of it.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1329 on: May 20, 2018, 09:15:35 pm »
Speaking of the Santa Fe shooting:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/997850169029943298

Just a hint.

If a student is a 1) loner, 2) quiet, 3) is bullied, 4) loves violent video games and 5) wears a trench coat to school - you can pretty much profile them as a potential mass shooter.

Oh really, Billy Boy?

https://div46amplifier.com/2017/06/12/news-media-public-education-and-public-policy-committee/

Analyses of mass homicide perpetrators themselves have not identified substantial links with violent video games.  A 2002 analysis by the US Secret Service (United States Secret Service and United States Department of Education, 2002) suggested that school shooters tended to consume relatively low amounts of violent media compared to normative levels for same-age peers.  This finding does not mean that if violence-prone youth watched more violent videos, they would be less likely to be violent. This finding simply means that no link has been found between school shooters and their videogame habits.

And as for the bullying thing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/columbine-shooters-motives-2018-2?r=UK&IR=T

"Most of the initial reporting was wrong," wrote Dave Cullen, a journalist who spent 10 years researching and writing a book about Columbine. "We were so anxious to answer that burning question for you that we jumped to conclusions on tiny fragments of evidence in the first days, even hours."

One of the earliest misrepresentations was in profiling the two shooters and laying out their motives. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were initially reported as goths and loners who were part of the "Trench Coat Mafia." The media said they were bullied by jocks and sought revenge on classmates who treated them as social outcasts. Nineteen years later that profile still persists. But it's a myth.

So take your ignorant opinions, shove them up your ass, and go back to hoping Donald-senpai notices you.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1330 on: May 20, 2018, 11:03:48 pm »
Well Antifa must be as bad as the fascists because they showed that Lana's post aboit "Boston Antifa" was just a bunch of her alt-right buds masquerading as antifas and that made Lanas argument look silly.

Those mean old antifas!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1331 on: May 20, 2018, 11:45:23 pm »
Well Antifa must be as bad as the fascists because they showed that Lana's post aboit "Boston Antifa" was just a bunch of her alt-right buds masquerading as antifas and that made Lanas argument look silly.

Those mean old antifas!

Trust me, there's plenty of evidence of them being horrible. Ask a Berkeley resident.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1332 on: May 20, 2018, 11:48:35 pm »
Why is it that whenever someone says "Trust me", my first instinct is that they're lying.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1333 on: May 21, 2018, 01:18:12 am »
Trust me, there's plenty of evidence of them being horrible. Ask a Berkeley resident.

I don't believe you.  Cite your sources.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1334 on: May 21, 2018, 01:32:58 am »
You know, I was just thinking that America is a touch overdue for a school shooting. You guys certainly don't disappoint.

I was just thinking the other day that Australia is about 20 years overdue for a mass shooting. What gives?

Every time a would be shooter pops up, the drop bears get him before anything can come of it.

Not quite the same thing as the stereotypical edgy/incel/terrorist style shootings we have in the states but this happened this month in Oz and was the worst one since the 96 massacre
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/11/world/australia/worst-mass-shooting-margaret-river.html