Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025032 times)

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »
The phrase "in this economy"

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »
People. People annoy me.

>.<
Some major shit going on in another community I'm in. People never cease to disappoint me with the name-calling, the us vs. them, the accusations flying. I've been there two years, seen a lot of major fights. I've never seen this much of a divide between the two "factions".

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2012, 10:15:22 pm »
Trigger warning about rape ahead:

When people make victim-blaming or slut-shaming rape 'jokes' then proceed to act completely baffled when people get mad at them for it. Then they get mad when it's explained why victim blaming or slut-shaming rape 'jokes' are considered offensive and stop listening to you.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2012, 10:37:39 pm »
Trigger warning about rape ahead:

When people make victim-blaming or slut-shaming rape 'jokes' then proceed to act completely baffled when people get mad at them for it. Then they get mad when it's explained why victim blaming or slut-shaming rape 'jokes' are considered offensive and stop listening to you.

This, this in spades.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2012, 11:37:09 pm »
The store where I work has a clearance section that sells brand-new but out-of-season clothes for as little as 1/50 their original price. I shit you not. A woman today bought $30 jeans for $0.23 and I have a few $25 skirts that were reduced to $0.47 apiece. On top of that, every now and then we'll offer a FURTHER discount (at the moment it's 50% off the already massively reduced prices) so it's possible to buy hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for $20 or less.

Despite this, there are a bunch of EXTREMELY CHEAP people who habitually come shopping but refuse to take anything that costs more than a certain amount--some of them will go as high as $10 for one item, depending on what it is, but most won't go more than $3 an item. Plus, they always have a veritable MOUNTAIN of stuff that, when piled on my counter, goes over my head. Having to repeat, "The price is X, would you like to keep it?" for every item I scan makes the whole business take three times as long and leaves me with a huge mess of clothes I have to hang back up. All of them are rude and will argue about a disparity of a few pennies.

I get that money is tight because the economy is shit--trust me, I KNOW. I live in it. But they're never saving more than a few dollars at a time. It's all just FUCKING ANNOYING to the point where, when one of these customers walks in, I will develop a sudden debilitating illness so I have an excuse not to deal with them.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2012, 12:40:54 am »
Here you go, Cait.

http://www.customerssuck.com

Enjoy. ;)

This site recommended for anyone passing through Retail Hell.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:42:56 am by SpaceProg »

deadpandoubter

« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:48 am »
*hiss* INCOME TAXESSSSSS.

Okay, so I'm trying to get a wee bit of a head start, and H&R Block and TurboTax both have free federal filing, so I tried both of them out. H&r Block says I'll get about $800 (SWEET) while TurboTax says I not only get NOTHING, I owe the state $109. Also, I'm "too young" for Earned Income Credit because I had the audacity to NOT be born in or prior to 1987.

Did I mention that my income is $8,000 a year?

*hisses at the IRS* Fuuuuuuuuck yooooooooou.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2012, 12:46:50 am »
Here you go, Cait.

http://www.customerssuck.com

Enjoy. ;)

This site recommended for anyone passing through Retail Hell.

Retail Hell you say?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2012, 12:49:19 am »
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2012, 12:51:38 am »
Bunny bites when I'm supposed to be working on something else.

Yes, I feel you nibbling at my ankles, plot, but I really need to finish this one before I start working on something else.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline lighthorseman

• Argumentative Contrarian
  • On Probation
  • Bishop
  • Proud Y chromosome owner
    • Company of the Wolf
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2012, 12:52:34 am »
Double standards.
Let me make it real easy... if anyone is interested in my actual opinion, please ask, I'd love to talk to you. If you are interested in trying to catch me out in some sort of "gotcha, before you said 'many', but now you're saying 'lots', you totally shifted goal posts", then, I'm not playing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2012, 01:21:22 am »
The store where I work has a clearance section that sells brand-new but out-of-season clothes for as little as 1/50 their original price. I shit you not. A woman today bought $30 jeans for $0.23 and I have a few $25 skirts that were reduced to $0.47 apiece. On top of that, every now and then we'll offer a FURTHER discount (at the moment it's 50% off the already massively reduced prices) so it's possible to buy hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for $20 or less.

Despite this, there are a bunch of EXTREMELY CHEAP people who habitually come shopping but refuse to take anything that costs more than a certain amount--some of them will go as high as $10 for one item, depending on what it is, but most won't go more than $3 an item. Plus, they always have a veritable MOUNTAIN of stuff that, when piled on my counter, goes over my head. Having to repeat, "The price is X, would you like to keep it?" for every item I scan makes the whole business take three times as long and leaves me with a huge mess of clothes I have to hang back up. All of them are rude and will argue about a disparity of a few pennies.

I get that money is tight because the economy is shit--trust me, I KNOW. I live in it. But they're never saving more than a few dollars at a time. It's all just FUCKING ANNOYING to the point where, when one of these customers walks in, I will develop a sudden debilitating illness so I have an excuse not to deal with them.

Retail made me realize long ago how stupid some people really are.  I know exactly how you feel.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2012, 02:14:42 am »
I never, ever want to work retail again. Christ, what a horrible experience. The customers suck, the bosses suck, the co-workers suck and the wages suck. I'm really not sure how I even had the patience to deal with the shit jobs I worked as a teenager.

Really makes me appreciate just how easy-going my current job is.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2012, 11:50:26 am »
I think like any type of job it depends on where you work.  I'm a retail manager and I actually enjoy my boss and my coworkers.  Annoying customers are gonna be there no matter where you go though unfortunately.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

deadpandoubter

« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2012, 10:08:16 pm »
I just found out that JesuOtaku insinuated that homosexuals are all promiscuous, that homosexuality is a lifestyle and a culture that promotes promiscuity, that she was soooo scared to voice her (idiotic) opinion because even though she's demonstrated that she holds negative views of queers, her concerns are legitimate and queers just don't want to hear it, and that none of her "gay friends" have accused her of being a bigot.

Source: http://www.formspring.me/JesuOtaku/q/156949956148620942

Fuck you, JO. You and your boyfriend, whose labeling of transwomen as men had already pissed me off, demonstrate some of the shittiest attitudes available south of the Mason-Dixon line.