Author Topic: Wisconsin Gov Walker thread  (Read 10849 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Wisconsin Gov Walker thread
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 11:46:30 pm »
Would it be fair to accuse Walker and his supporters of shenanigans yet?
Yes scumbags did it the first cycle with fake absentee forms.  Like they told voters to send it to 123 Fake Street by two days after the election

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 11:47:05 pm »
RIP Wisconsin. It was nice knowing you.

Actually Wisconsin's been dead for quite awhile, since they replaced Feingold with a teabagger. Also, I really don't get why republicans like the whole right-to-work law stuff, I thought they had a problem with "free riders"??

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 11:47:58 pm »

Actually Wisconsin's been dead for quite awhile, since they replaced Feingold with a teabagger. Also, I really don't get why republicans like the whole right-to-work law stuff, I thought they had a problem with "free riders"??
cause this allows unions to go bankrupt

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 12:27:09 am »

Well, a good deal of the union laws confuse the mess out of me, because I'm for unions, shit, I would prefer if we used collective bargining for wages in this country rather than minimum wage (think what they do in Germany and Sweden). But at the same time, I don't think someone should join a union if they don't want to, I don't think someone should be denied a job because they don't want to join a union. Is it possible there could  be in a spilt in pay and benefits between union and non-union workers at a given job?? Because this has happened at my mother's job, she part of the newly formed union (SEIU) at the nursing home, and the guy who runs it is uber anti-union, and  gave small pay raise to all the non-union members, while the union members who are fighting for a decent pay raise, got nothing. I'm sorry for sounding like a dumbass.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:33:31 am by nickiknack »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 12:30:04 am »

Well, a good deal of the union laws confuse the mess out of me, because I'm for unions, shit, I would prefer if we used collective bargining for wages in this country rather than minimum wage (think what they do in Germany and Sweden). But at the same time, I don't think someone should join a union if they don't want to, I don't think someone should be denied a job because they don't want to join a union. It is possible there could some way that there could be spilt in pay and benefits between union and non-union workers at a given job?? Because this has happened at my mother's job, she part of the newly formed union (SEIU) at the nursing home, and the guy who runs itis uber anti-union, and  gave small pay raise to all the non-union members, while the union members who are fighting for a decent pay raise, got nothing. I'm sorry for sounding like a dumbass.
I get that but the issue is they are saying if you hate unions that's fine since you'll still get benefits
BTW also note that most of Darth Walker's cash came from out of state so the Beetles were wrong money CAN buy me love
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:32:38 am by kefkaownsall »

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 12:51:27 am »
Well looks like the Koch Whore won.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 12:52:15 am »
Well looks like the Koch Whore won.

No, really?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 12:53:51 am »
I understand what you're saying, and  I agree. I feel pay and benefits should be spilt into two columns, pay & benefits for union workers and pay and benefits for non-union workers at any given job. I know it comes off as somewhat mean and heartless in a way.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 01:01:20 am »
I understand what you're saying, and  I agree. I feel pay and benefits should be spilt into two columns, pay & benefits for union workers and pay and benefits for non-union workers at any given job. I know it comes off as somewhat mean and heartless in a way.
That is the benefits of closed shops also some jobs need a united front (teachers etc)

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 01:25:46 am »
That is the benefits of closed shops also some jobs need a united front (teachers etc)

I understand some jobs do need a united front, but closed shops go against my beliefs somewhat (plus they're illegal). I don't think anyone should be denied a job because they don't want to join the union. I, instead think there needs to be seperate deals. This is why I'm very much torn on the issue of unions. As I said before, I'm for them, and support them, but the laws confuse me.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 01:34:08 am »

I understand some jobs do need a united front, but closed shops go against my beliefs somewhat (plus they're illegal). I don't think anyone should be denied a job because they don't want to join the union. I, instead think there needs to be seperate deals. This is why I'm very much torn on the issue of unions. As I said before, I'm for them, and support them, but the laws confuse me.
I thought teachers unions were mandatory odd regardless this tells me that Citizens United can't stand if you can ltierally buy elections
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:37:37 am by kefkaownsall »

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 01:41:36 am »
Sorry for not making sense, I'm very tired and I need to go to sleep, maybe I'll understand this stuff tomorrow more clearly.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 06:21:44 am »
Fuck!
-A Pen Name

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 07:26:58 am »
Would it be fair to accuse Walker and his supporters of shenanigans yet?

Yet? We've found out they were pulling dirty tactics before the polls closed.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 08:17:08 am »
any way we can call it invalid