Author Topic: Wisconsin Gov Walker thread  (Read 10852 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Wisconsin Gov Walker thread
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 09:14:34 am »
Yet? We've found out they were pulling dirty tactics before the polls closed.

But it isn't voter suppression if the right-wing does it. That's just them making sure voter fraud does not happen by minimizing the number of possibly-illegal votes.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 09:25:12 am »
Well Gov Walker might of won yesterday but here is some slight GOOD news for Wisconsin -

Republican Gov. Scott Walker won his recall election, but he may have a tougher time getting things through the Wisconsin Legislature after Democrats appear to have successfully recalled a Republican state senator, which would flip the balance of power in the state.

With all precincts reporting, Democrat John Lehman led incumbent Sen. Van Wanggaard, a Republican, 51 percent to 49 percent.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/6/dems-win-control-wisconsin-senate/

So even though walker won it looks like he will at least have a tougher time getting the senate to side with him.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 12:15:20 pm »
On a much clearer review, what kefk said I agree with, I mean if someone doesn't want to be part of a union they can always not take the job or find a nonunion job. The thing that bothers me the most is this whole Union members=lazy,and overpaid/unions lead to mediocrity meme. God forbid someone wants a decent pay. Sorry, if I came off as somewhat of a teabagger earlier.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:25:04 pm by nickiknack »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 02:45:39 pm »
Still, it would be a nice slap in the face to the GOP. I'm putting my partisan hat on for the moment, if you'll bear with me.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »
I’ve cooled down a little. But still…
-A Pen Name

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 09:54:46 pm »

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 10:27:44 pm »
I think TYT, perhaps more so the people in their footage, summed it up pretty nicely.

"Democracy died tonight."
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY_8UNYafxU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY_8UNYafxU</a>
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 10:59:46 pm »
Didnt obama outspend McCain not saying it makes what Walker did right or anything.  Still Democracy really did die

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 11:11:15 pm »
He did, but not by a 7:1 ratio.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:16 pm »
He did, but not by a 7:1 ratio.
Ugh that number makes me sick

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 07:30:23 am »
This morning, on NPR, I heard a quote from some lady wondering why folks were still in Madison protesting. After all, “they lost twice.”

I just don’t think this lady has been paying attention to the way the Walker administration is run. This man has made it abundantly clear that he thinks he only represents the folks that donated to his campaign. Nothing in the recall election indicates that he has come to think otherwise. As long as he continues in this destructive mindset, there must be folks ready to remind him that he in fact represents all of Wisconsin.

I don’t particularly expect that lesson to ever sink into Walker’s brain. But we must do what we must do.
-A Pen Name

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 08:10:07 am »
On a much clearer review, what kefk said I agree with, I mean if someone doesn't want to be part of a union they can always not take the job or find a nonunion job. The thing that bothers me the most is this whole Union members=lazy,and overpaid/unions lead to mediocrity meme. God forbid someone wants a decent pay. Sorry, if I came off as somewhat of a teabagger earlier.

It's not legitimate for employees to negotiate with their employers. They simply have to accept the first offer.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 11:22:05 pm »
Remember, working hard to make your way up the ranks at work is earning your way to comfort. Working hard to organize and confront your employer on workplace issues is whining.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...