Author Topic: FB Postings by the antivax crazy lady on my friends' list  (Read 17668 times)

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
FB Postings by the antivax crazy lady on my friends' list
« on: June 18, 2012, 08:30:35 am »
Let's be clear. She will never know I'm posting here. Now that this is out of the way...

She was from a music forum I used to frequent very many years ago. In the time since, she's graduated to full on anti-vaccine campaigner, anti-pharma, anti-chemicals, you name the drill. I still keep her on because she's a fascinating look into this kind of craziness, but CBA to correct her anymore. The last time anyone did (on homeopathy), it resulted in a 100-post flame war between her and some people I met on #pharyngula IRC.

So anyway, her posts are amusing, sometimes infuriating. Now I'm sharing with you the crazy, give you a glimpse into the mind of the extremism we usually ignore. And there is a shitload of it; she's a very prolific poster. Enjoy.

Oh, and the following direct links are to anti-chemical advocacy groups that spread obvious lies. I will not shame the woman on my thread. Don't worry.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2865418453931&set=a.2856687955674.96987.1813884122&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=321399231278213&set=a.205217742896363.51219.205204719564332&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=406404169403304&set=a.139128532797537.20543.133579170019140&type=1

A New Zealand antivax website: http://www.beyondconformity.co.nz/

She's also a dedicated naturopath, and makes money off this shit, not to mention goes to the NZ radio and advocates for chemical-free everything. So I'm not gonna try and convince her otherwise. But for the rest of you, bombs away.

Art Vandelay

Re: FB Postings by the antivax crazy lady on my friends' list
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 08:34:13 am »
"99% of breast cancer tissue contained this everyday chemical".

Am I the only one who's suddenly reminded of the whole "dihydrogen monoxide" debarkle?

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 05:19:43 pm »
I've got a few of those people to deal with as well (worst of all being my mother). It's getting hard to respect them with the sheer stupidity they post (which could merit a thread of it's own), never mind keeping silent and not even bothering to correct them. Though that last part is mostly because it doesn't work.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

shykid

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:17:11 pm »
How, pray tell, do mammograms cause cancerʔ

Also, as for #2, correlation does not mean causation, etc. Not wearing deodorant does mean you will probably smell gross. If you smell nasty, then even more people will stay away from you than the ones who already do because you're crazy. Not vaccinating your children is already disgusting enough without your being literally physically disgusting.

Yeah, I kinda have mysophobia and big issues with people that have poor personal hygiene. >_> BO and poor hygiene are just...ugh to me to the max.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:35:21 am »

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 10:45:23 am »
The "milk leads to osteoperosis" part is definitely new to me.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=369856503070304&set=a.156446951077928.41126.155836304472326&type=3

They do know there's a reason for lactose persistence in some populations right?

shykid

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »
Mammograms cause breast cancer, milk causes osteoporosis... everything she posts is the opposite of reality!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 02:59:58 am »
Her argument in sum: "sciency science and sciency stuff are bad-herp, derp".

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 11:02:12 pm »
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU NO LONGER NEED MILK FROM ANYONE'S MAMMARY GLANDS!

But what if I like sucking on mammary glands anyway?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 05:38:20 am »
The "milk leads to osteoperosis" part is definitely new to me.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=369856503070304&set=a.156446951077928.41126.155836304472326&type=3

Onoz, trace amounts of blood and pus. Good thing that almonds don't contain trace amounts of something harmful like, say, cyanide.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 05:59:03 am »
Posted an "open letter" today, from some lady claiming she's being hunted down by the (Irish) authorities for not vaccinating her child. No corroboration obviously.

http://www.invinciblerights.com/claires-story.html

I have a 5 year old son. I am currently hiding away with my son to protect him from the authorities ( HSE, Gardaí, courts etc.) because of the, illegal, unlawful, uncaring and heavy handed  way I have been dealt with by the authorities, which has all stemmed from me not consenting to the school age vaccinations (MMR {measles, mumps & rubella}, & tetra vac 4in1 {polio, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus}). I do have genuine concerns about these vaccinations, following my own research and listening to the views of many others including medical professionals

Its a long, crazy, unhinged screed on an unhinged website. Enjoy.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 03:35:31 pm »
Essential craziness I see on those links:

"The schedule they have now is sickening. And they re coming out with a vax for diarrhea and many other useless ones. Hopefully more people and wake up to see how ridiculous this is getting."  -Tara Hamilton

A vaccine for diarrhea? Really? This shows the basic level of stupidity we are dealing with here. Diarrhea is a symptom of literally thousands of different conditions. You can't vaccinate against a general symptom. Does this idiot think that there is a "diarrhea virus" out there?

"And not to mention most doctors do not vaccine their own children." -Jessiemarie Hutchinson (supposedly an RMA and a CNA)

That's one HELL of a claim. Wonder where her data to back it up is....? Later on in the thread someone posts proof that the vast majority of doctors do, in fact, vaccinate their children. Instead of admitting, hey, we were wrong, the True Believers instantly shift thinking in a manner that would make IngSoc proud and say "so that kind of tells you where the level of intelligence is currently in the medical system, doesnt it? Stupid is, as stupid does." Do they not see the epic doublethink going on here?

In their minds "they don't vaccinate because they are too smart to do it" instantly changes to "they vaccinate because they are too dumb to know better!" Either version (that doctors do or that doctors do not vaccinate their children) is "evidence" proving how evil vaccinations are. It would be impressive if it were not so depressing.

"If you are ok with injecting your child with aborted fetuses, monkey blood, chicken embroys and every other harmful chemical thats in a vaccine...then why not hand them a nice cold glass of bleach and hope for the best." -Jessiemarie Hutchinson again

We're back to the old "vaccines contain aborted fetuses" shit again? Really? REALLY?

"Antibiotics ???? No, No, No, you have to understand that antibiotics never cure anything they only kill our good white blood cells who ARE busy curing the infections [...] antibiotics are another HOAX used by the pharma cartel in fooling the public......best antibiotic is WATER, fresh air, sunshine and lots of sleep" -Ed Momeni

Big Pharma again, too, I see, but this is the first time I've heard the claim that antibiotics leave bacteria alone and kill of white blood cells. How then do they explain how someone dying of an infection gets an IV of antibiotics and almost immediately begins to improve...?

"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 04:18:31 pm »
How, pray tell, do mammograms cause cancerʔ

Also, as for #2, correlation does not mean causation, etc. Not wearing deodorant does mean you will probably smell gross. If you smell nasty, then even more people will stay away from you than the ones who already do because you're crazy. Not vaccinating your children is already disgusting enough without your being literally physically disgusting.

Yeah, I kinda have mysophobia and big issues with people that have poor personal hygiene. >_> BO and poor hygiene are just...ugh to me to the max.
Easy you wouldn't know you had cancer

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »
It's Schrodinger's Breast.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 05:49:05 pm »
Essential craziness I see on those links:

"The schedule they have now is sickening. And they re coming out with a vax for diarrhea and many other useless ones. Hopefully more people and wake up to see how ridiculous this is getting."  -Tara Hamilton

A vaccine for diarrhea? Really? This shows the basic level of stupidity we are dealing with here. Diarrhea is a symptom of literally thousands of different conditions. You can't vaccinate against a general symptom. Does this idiot think that there is a "diarrhea virus" out there?

I did a report on this subject for a class (Politics of developing countries & the report was methods to reduce diarrhea-caused deaths in India), but funny as it may sound to us in the 1st world, diarrhea is the leading cause of death in the world among children under 5. Diarrhea deaths are most prevalent in India and Niger. The most common cause of diarrhea is the rotavirus followed by cholera and vaccines for both exist. Though the vaccines are rarely used because those hit hardest by diarrhea deaths are often poorer towns who lack the money for such medicine and in many instances oral rehydration therapy is cheaper. Thought I would add this as a bit of an addendum to Sandman and in response to the anti-vax lady who thinks vaccines for diarrhea are useless when, again, diarrhea is the leading cause of death among small children.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:51:07 pm by QueenofHearts »