Author Topic: The "What was the name of that?" thread  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
The "What was the name of that?" thread
« on: September 04, 2012, 12:53:10 am »
Don't you hate it when you remember a tv show, book, song or video game, but you can't remember the name of it, and googling for its identifying features tends to lead to a mishmash of nonsense?

Well, this thread is for that then.  Describe something, and hopefully others will know what you're talking about and help answer you.

...In truth, I'm starting this thread because... I need help remembering an anime.

It was one of those gay anime, where the focus was on the same-sex relationship of the protagonist.  It took place at a high school that was conspicuously all-male.  I should note that one of the more humorous aspects of the anime was that there wasn't a single female anywhere in the anime.  It was thus implied that everyone was gay.  In the valentine's day episode, there was frequent background events where boys would be giving valentines to other boys.

It wasn't just the main character that was gay.  There were also two teachers, one that was practically bishoujo in appearance (basically, he looked like a lady, and honestly, I kept thinking of him as female because of it.  He was very motherly) and another that was more masculine.  These teachers more or less served as the surrogate parents of the main cast.

The main character's best friend was a blond-haired shutterfly who never didn't have a camera with him.  He took pictures of EVERYTHING.

The main characters themselves were interesting.  They were basically kidnapped by this evil scientist who performed many excruciating psychological experiments on them.  So to cope, they developed alternate personalities that were strong and fearless and capable of withstanding any pain.  And in periods of stress, these personalities would come out, almost like superheroes except more disturbing and less "super".

It was a very neat anime, and it even had an OVA or two.  But I can't remember the name of it.  Argh!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: The "What was the name of that?" thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:47 am »
and one for my list when someone knows what it is... dang, that sounds awesome!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."