Author Topic: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?  (Read 80790 times)

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
Re: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 04:02:42 pm »
Because a woman's property would belong to her husband when she married (this was the case in UK law until 1870). This is why the rules about a woman inheriting tend to involve her marrying a male relative to keep the property in the family.

So then why didn't they just allow joint ownership?
Or even separate places owned and then meeting at regular scheduled intervals for relations. I've read that at the latter part(meeting at regularly scheduled intervals) was/is still? a custom in some parts of India.

Because for a long time women were considered men "gone wrong" and were incapable of rational thought, morality, or self-control. Later on women were considered "too pure" to be involved in things like property ownership and something that "dirty" should stay the domain of her male relatives.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
  • Blessed in our Lord Jesus Christ
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 02:40:55 pm »
 The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves. Just look at Hebrews 13:4
 "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge" So why would one want to take part in immorality and risk their eternal soul. It is just not worth displeasing God for a bit of lustful fornication.

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:02 pm »
I personally find it silly to wait until your status has changed legally so you can fuck, but that's just me.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 03:58:55 pm »
The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves. Just look at Hebrews 13:4
 "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge" So why would one want to take part in immorality and risk their eternal soul. It is just not worth displeasing God for a bit of lustful fornication.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »
Indeed. I was hoping for many more posts.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »

Frankly I don't mind having a different view on the subject--even though I totally disagree. Actually I think that leads to the most fun on this board.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 05:10:59 pm »

Frankly I don't mind having a different view on the subject--even though I totally disagree. Actually I think that leads to the most fun on this board.
Is a bit of hedonistic pleasure worth eternal damnation? God gave us a great big pineapple and He said don't touch it. He didn't say touch it once in a while; He didn't say take a nibble when you're hungry; He said don't touch it, period.
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 05:12:05 pm »

Not picking on him for his opinion, I just think that it seems like trolling. Trolling or someone who has never used the internet.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 05:14:08 pm »
Pastor Dave- Because of you I have seen the light. Continue preaching to these God-less heathens. They work with demons, so they may mock you and say blasphemous things, but continue to pray for them as I will. More importantly, keep coming back and posting. It is the only way to save their souls.

Your sister in Christ
~QoH

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 05:24:16 pm »
There is no reason to mock me or the Lord. I am here to help you.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 05:28:20 pm »
Unlike my fellow forum members, I appreciate your wanting to help us.

I have a hole that needs filling, pastor. I've tried filling it with many objects, and none of them have satiated my desire. Is it true that the Good Lord Jesus is the only one who can fill this hole? I need his holy girth. Tell me how to receive it.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 05:35:06 pm »
Oh you're gonna last long here in the world of FSTDT.

Ironbite-but welcome to the Jungle, we've got fun and games....also I've been importing lesbian ninjas from the Allspark.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »
Alright, I've been waiting to post in this thread for a while now.

As many of you know, I'm a devout Roman Catholic, and also a virgin who has every intention of waiting until marriage to have sex. It's true that this desire, at least growing up, was heavily influenced by my faith— my parents and my church made it clear that I should wait, and the younger me listened. But nowadays, as I've matured and come into my own beliefs, I have a different rationale for staying celibate until I marry.

Let me first say, though, that I don't see anything wrong with premarital sex. Simply put, it's your choice what you do with your body and sexuality, and I neither have nor desire any authority over that decision. Sex feels good for a reason. Evolutionarily speaking, it's fun because if it wasn't no one would do it. And, as someone who firmly believes in God, I don't believe He'd give us the gift of sex only to punish us when we use it. Sex isn't bad, and having doesn't make you bad.

I've chosen to stay celibate because I can only have my first time once. My first girlfriend, my first kiss, my first real dance... All those firsts are part of old relationships, of attempts that failed. But my virginity is still mine to give, and I want to give it to the person I plan to spend the rest of my life with. It's a token of my love, and a sign that I consider her worth that wait and sacrifice. Not all couples need this token— most don't, in fact. Love isn't all about sex, and sex doesn't prove or create love. But my Aspergers means that I'm always going to have trouble expressing my love through words and actions. So I've chosen to remain chaste and let that choice say the words for me, better than I ever could. I don't care if my future wife is a virgin or not— her body, her call. I may not want to know about her past sex life, but I can't fault her for having one. I don't plan to base my whole future relationship around her old relationships.

If you've had sex before marriage, I hope you were safe. I hope it was wonderful and you don't regret it one bit. I don't have an ounce of judgement in me towards you. Just as you chose to, I've chosen not to, for my own reasons. Neither of us is right or wrong.

Also, Pastor, I mean you no mockery when I say this: What petty God would damn His creations to hell for acting on a natural desire?
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 05:50:52 pm »
Galatians 6:7

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap"
Those of you who don't realize your place before God,your faith shines through and above all those who dont realize that God is the Almighty God, and He is someone to fear. God bless you. I am praying for all of you.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »
I pray for everyone every day, Pastor, to a God who doesn't judge for the sin of being human.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.