Author Topic: Cloud Cuckooland's Prophet  (Read 2720 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Cloud Cuckooland's Prophet
« on: December 07, 2014, 11:12:53 pm »
As some of you probably saw from CSTDT, there is a new cult leader in town. One who previously said he planned to assassinate the President. After that, however, things get crazier.

The wacky beliefs?

The Earth is held within a glass structure, Alex Jones is the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler (I KNEW there was something Hitler-ish about Alex Jones!), something about chemtrails being a sign of the glass ceiling of the earth, one of his lady friends made an NSFW animation to explain all this nuttery, and the universe exists within the Earth, and there are tunnels in the ocean going to and from Israel.

Steven is a consummate solipsist, who believes all of the Earth's inhabitants are soulless automatons who exist to keep him company. He says everyone needs to move to Florida, and that he'll make his new Jerusalem in Uluru.

Most odd about this? Steven doesn't want your money, he understands exactly how crazy all of this sounds, and why people would not believe he's the Messiah. He's a definite oddball.

Also he has apparently sworn off shirts.

http://disinfo.com/2013/08/lord-steven-christ-heaven-is-only-a-tattoo-away/ Relevant.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Cloud Cuckooland's Prophet
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:18:35 pm »
I guess this is what happens when you gut your mental healthcare system.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 12:19:56 am »
The Earth is held within a glass structure

That's not very wacky. The Bible supports this position, so it's not surprising some people still hold onto it.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 12:27:21 pm »
He's been there for a while now.

He also used to claim that the sun would stop during the 2012 solar eclipse, slowly burning the earth except for the shadowed part, and ushering in the apocalypse. Guess that hasn't happened.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »
If all he has to offer is this common knowledge he won't attract much notice.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 11:50:42 am »
I guess this is what happens when you gut your mental healthcare system.

Thanks Obama.  ::)

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 12:39:12 am »
I thought the Earth was a flat disk rotating on the back of four elephants standing on the back of a giant space turtle by the name of A'Tuin....
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 05:05:20 pm »
I thought the Earth was a flat disk rotating on the back of four elephants standing on the back of a giant space turtle by the name of A'Tuin....

+1 for you, sir!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 03:28:05 am »
Nah, it's turtles all the way down.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!