Author Topic: Republic of China aka Taiwan aka Chinese Taipei might legalize gay marriage  (Read 2089 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/12/20/taiwan-court-decision-could-lead-to-legalisation-of-equal-marriage/
Essentially TLDR rule in Taiwan requires all marriages be registered gay couple was denied registration so they sued and well now here we are.  Great we are being beat in civil rights by 3 countries we said we were better then

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
If it makes you feel any better, the US is still ahead of the curve in that department, having at least some states where same-sex marriage is legal. Considering it's only fully legal in a dozen or so countries*, and legal-by-jurisdiction in a handful, well, things could be worse.

Still, hurry up guys.

*Including mine. Haha!
Σא

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Switzerland, which had been technically a self ruled common of city-states for hundreds of years, didn't legalize female voting in all cantons until 1990s.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Yet people say Turkey is backwards yet women gained the right to vote in 1928 compared to France 1945

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
It's pretty random. 1850 marks when the USA removes the property requirements for voting, while Britain didn't remove it until 1918, but still allowed Plural voting until 1948 and women may have gained the right to vote in 1918, it required them to have property and be over 30 for a while, while 1920 USA female vote rights were accorded to anyone over 21, just like the male vote rights.

It's just not a very strong correlation.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Even stranger Finland had it for female guild members in 1809

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
May I brag? Australia had the second women voting, in 1894. New Zealand beat us by one year.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
More ammo for the Republicans.  "If we legalise gay marriage, we'll be commies just like China!"

(Makes no sense to me either.)
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
More ammo for the Republicans.  "If we legalise gay marriage, we'll be commies just like China!"

I'm pretty sure even the most ignorant Republican knows that Taiwan is capitalist. 
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Republic of China aka Taiwan aka Chinese Taipei might legalize gay marriage
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 08:49:27 am »

I'm pretty sure even the most ignorant Republican knows that Taiwan is capitalist.

Might not stop some of their "news" sources from calling it the Republic of China, and dropping "Republic of".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: Republic of China aka Taiwan aka Chinese Taipei might legalize gay marriage
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 02:00:18 pm »

Might not stop some of their "news" sources from calling it the Republic of China, and dropping "Republic of".

Or adding "The People's"