Author Topic: N. Korean Propaganda film about the West  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
N. Korean Propaganda film about the West
« on: January 06, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »
A friend of mine found this through Stumbleupon (URL here). It's a film, supposedly made by the North Korean government, that depicts what they see about the western world, particularly the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. According to the Youtube account that posted it, the video was given to him by a couple of NK 'defectors', who asked for the film to be translated into English and distributed, while protecting their identities. It probably goes without saying that the couple may not be defectors, but I don't think it diminishes the points made by the film itself. The film is over 90 minutes long, but if you have the time to watch it's certainly worthwhile. To be honest, it's like the film maker took the entire film out of my head; I don't know how I feel about agreeing with an NK film.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI</a>

I would like to note that, for whatever validity you place on Youtube comments in general, there are some claiming that this video was not made in North Korea at all (New Zealand is an alternate location). I have not been able to confirm or disprove this so far.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Re: N. Korean Propaganda film about the West
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »
Added it to my watch later list.  Going to get to it tonight.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »
This is so laden with wink-wink references that are clearly directed squarely at a western audience, that I'm calling BS on the claim of origin.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »
To be honest, it's like the film maker took the entire film out of my head; I don't know how I feel about agreeing with an NK film.

Because you live in this country, and you know first hand that this country isn't all sunshine and rainbows as much as a lot of people like to make it out to be. You also know that this country could be much better than what it is really like.

Offline DogmasDemise

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:14:19 pm »
LOL

Quote from: Her3tiK
I don't know how I feel about agreeing with an NK film.

Well just because NK government said it doesn't mean it's not true.

The problem is they can point flaws all they want in America or in the western model in general, but they offer nothing in return (nothing even remotely viable anyway). I'll take the western model with all its flaws any day over NK communism.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:18:31 pm by DogmasDemise »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:21:48 pm »
LOL

Quote from: Her3tiK
I don't know how I feel about agreeing with an NK film.

Well just because NK government said it doesn't mean it's not true.

The problem is they can point flaws all they want in America or in the western model in general, but they offer nothing in return (nothing even remotely viable anyway). I'll take the western model with all its flaws any day over NK communism.

The United States isn't the best example of the western model, especially given that we are far behind most other 1st first world countries.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 04:36:14 pm »
All I can say is that it's hard to quarrel with the first four minutes.  Even the term propaganda isn't far off the mark, although North Korea is a tad glass-housey to be objecting.  Here we lap up the propaganda because we are incapable of discernment.  There they consume propaganda because it is dangerous if you don't at least pretend to believe it.  The rule of thumb is, if a message emanates from an official government source, a politician, an entertainment figure or a sports star, it's bullshit.  Automatically.  In most instances it is also moronic.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 07:27:35 pm »
The problem is they can point flaws all they want in America or in the western model in general, but they offer nothing in return (nothing even remotely viable anyway).

Hence the reason it is called propaganda.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:04:53 am »
They fucked with Elvis...Nuke Em!

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 04:04:15 pm »
This film is too good to be true.

I would have to say that I agree with the comments that it is probably made in New Zealand.