Author Topic: Raped teenager commits suicide after rapist only gets 31 days jail  (Read 13936 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/justice/montana-teacher-rape-sentence/

A mother in Montana is outraged that a high school teacher who admitted raping her 14-year-old daughter received only a month in prison, while her daughter took her own life.
"I think this sentence is a joke, a travesty," the mother, Auliea Hanlon, told CNN on Tuesday night, a day after the sentencing.
"People will lose faith in our justice system. I have."
Hanlon said she was particularly upset that the sentencing judge, G. Todd Baugh, said her daughter "seemed older than her chronological age" and was "as much in control of the situation" as the teacher.
Baugh later acknowledged to CNN that "that was not the best choice of words."

Yeah oh, and--

As the case wound its way through the legal system, the girl committed suicide. She was a few weeks shy of her 17th birthday.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

Re: Raped teenager commits suicide after rapist only gets 31 days jail
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:18:39 pm »
How the...what the....Dafuq did I just read?! He's a teacher, he has control over her, in what world does her maturity play into coercion like that?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:26:42 pm »
Colony drop on Montana. Right the fuck now.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 02:50:17 pm »
Colony drop on Montana. Right the fuck now.
I think a bombardment with phaser cannons should do the trick. Let's just glass the region.

...Seriously though, I am apalled. Rambold violated the original agreement he had gotten in exhange of charges being dropped and then they still give him just a slap on the wrists.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 03:12:36 pm »
Well, this is infuriating.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:31:53 pm »
.....RAPE! AHHHHH!

Ironbite-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 04:42:36 pm »
If it's any comfort to contemplate; wait and see the lynch mob outside Yellowstone Country Jail on his release day. And even if no lynch mob materializes, Rambold is not long for this earth. Somebody will get to him.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 05:03:49 pm »
Oh Montana...don't act this way. :/

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 05:18:38 pm »
You know, I've been up to that area of the country before. There's a lot of wilderness area where humans haven't visited in years, if ever. Seems like it'd be real easy to make something disappear in to those wilds. Last I checked, Montana is about as much cowboy country as Oklahoma is, an 'round these parts at least, we aren't afraid of breaking out some old-school justice like they did back in the day.

Also, ain't there a lot of moose and bears up there? Wonder if we can tranq' a moose long enough to tie this guy to it's antlers and then let it run free in the woods.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 06:14:20 pm »
You know, I've been up to that area of the country before. There's a lot of wilderness area where humans haven't visited in years, if ever. Seems like it'd be real easy to make something disappear in to those wilds. Last I checked, Montana is about as much cowboy country as Oklahoma is, an 'round these parts at least, we aren't afraid of breaking out some old-school justice like they did back in the day.

Also, ain't there a lot of moose and bears up there? Wonder if we can tranq' a moose long enough to tie this guy to it's antlers and then let it run free in the woods.
Go right ahead. I'm not even going to pretend I consider this wrong, and as far as I am concerned, anyone on this rapist's side can join him.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 11:47:07 pm »
This meant that all charges against Rambold would be dismissed if he completed a sex offender treatment program and met other requirements. One of them was to have no contact with children.

Rambold admitted to one of the rape charges. But Rambold fell short of the agreement.
"He had some contacts with nieces and nephews in a family setting and other adults were present," Baugh said.

He also had relationships with women that he didn't tell his counselors about.

"That is a violation from his deferred prosecution so he was dropped from the plan."
They only gave this monster DAYS in prison? Life! No fuck that death is the correct course of action since he has resisted treatment!
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 11:53:39 pm »
I agree with TIM.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 11:55:05 pm »
Say, does Montana have a Stand Your Ground-type law?  Everyone with access to this story now has reasonable cause to believe that this fucker will, if given the chance, rape them or their children.  The outcome, I'm sure, is something anyone with a half-functioning brain could guess, and not a fuck will be given on that day.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 12:28:32 am »
Say, does Montana have a Stand Your Ground-type law?  Everyone with access to this story now has reasonable cause to believe that this fucker will, if given the chance, rape them or their children.  The outcome, I'm sure, is something anyone with a half-functioning brain could guess, and not a fuck will be given on that day.

Even if they do, this guy's white, so it wouldn't really apply.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 12:40:22 am »
she was 17, not 14... and she committed suicide 3 years later that may or may not be directly related to the CONSENSUAL sex she had with the teacher! There was NO rape and NO murder!

Apparently, teenagers in this country are treated as stupid and immature and don't know want they want or how how life works, unless it's sex with someone who's over three times their own age and in a position of authority.  In that case they knew exactly what they were doing and need to be treated like they were adults and take full responsibility.  The actual adults in the situation are apparently powerless to resist these little seducing harlots and suffer enough simply by being outcasted and losing everything.