Author Topic: Jesus, the first Tweeter  (Read 3454 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Jesus, the first Tweeter
« on: September 29, 2013, 12:23:18 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/09/jesus-was-the-original-tweeter-says-vatican-cardinal.html

Jack Dorsey, step aside -- you may be Twitter's first registered user (and hey, founder), but in the eyes of the Vatican, Jesus Christ is the original tweeter.

“Christ used tweets before everyone else, with elementary phrases made up of fewer than 45 characters like 'Love one another,'" said Vatican cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi to a group of Italian newspaper editors Wednesday. "A bit like in television today, he delivered a message through a story or a symbol."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Jesus, the first Tweeter
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:34:34 am »
Yes, I'm sure Jesus was the first person to use sentences containing 45 characters or less.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 02:41:38 am »
Someone should open up a fake Jesus account on Twitter and make this happen.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:51:35 am »
Those tweets should be all about turning the other cheek, forgiving your enemies and preaching love and peace.

You could even use real bible quotes and some of the fundies would still be furious.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 03:07:24 am »
Jesus Christ
@thejesuschrist

"Here are my thoughts on homosexuals: _______________."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 03:14:45 am »
Dear cardinal whatshisface:

Stop this. You're embarrassing yourself. Short phrases, parables, symbols, all these have existed since language was born. Jesus did not invent them and people nowadays know how to use them, Twitter or no Twitter. You might as well tell us about how the stork brings babies from Paris; it's just as much of a lie, just as obviously false, and in the same way, born of a mistaken impression that people younger than you are unable to handle simple concepts.

I know there's this meme that the only way to reach young people is to "speak their language" by framing everything in terms of the latest thing, which nowadays is the twitters and facebooks and such. Whatever the merits of this notion, it has led you astray. You are not the cool cardinal who is in touch with the current generations. You are the condescending fool who thinks people cannot understand a notion as basic as "people speak using short phrases" without a reference to Twitter.

Come to think of it, I retract my first plea. Do not stop this. You're doing exactly what needs to be done.
Σא

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:11 am »
Impossible. There are no hashtags in the bible.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 04:51:40 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/09/jesus-was-the-original-tweeter-says-vatican-cardinal.html

Jack Dorsey, step aside -- you may be Twitter's first registered user (and hey, founder), but in the eyes of the Vatican, Jesus Christ is the original tweeter.

“Christ used tweets before everyone else, with elementary phrases made up of fewer than 45 characters like 'Love one another,'" said Vatican cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi to a group of Italian newspaper editors Wednesday. "A bit like in television today, he delivered a message through a story or a symbol."

High Priest Grog like word with Ravasi.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 08:15:26 am »
Impossible. There are no hashtags in the bible.

Luke 6:31
@jesuschrist "sick of muthafuckas treatin people like shit #DoUntoOthers"

Offline Raymond Dullaghy

• Apprentice
  • God before dogma!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »
King Leonidas would like to have a word or two with you. A word or two is all he needed to get his point across.
I'm in science to discover and analyze God's wonderful universe, not gripe about how people don't like God.  I believe the creation/evolution debate is a waste of Christian brains (we have them, believe it or not) that could be better spent on making actual things.

Favorite philosophers (out of the ones I've personally read): Jesus, Solomon, Marcus Aurelius, Immanuel Kant

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:16 pm »
Someone should open up a fake Jesus account on Twitter and make this happen.

There are actually a couple "fake" Jesus accounts on Twitter.

One is something like Jesus_H_Christ and does a lot of parody.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!