Author Topic: Trans Girl Targeted by Right-Wingers  (Read 16332 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Trans Girl Targeted by Right-Wingers
« on: October 21, 2013, 06:46:23 pm »
Link!

A Jane Doe, a trans girl attending Florence High School in Colorado, has been targeted by the right wing Pacific Justice Institute for "harassing" girls in the bathroom... simply by being there.

The PJI released a bogus "report" of how this student was supposedly harassing girls in the restroom, resulting in some protesters and a news crew showing up outside the school.

To make matters even more ridiculous, no accusations of harassment have actually been filed by any students at FHS against Doe. The accusation was filed by a parent, not in response to any actual incident of harassment, but out of fear that this sort of thing would occur if Doe was allowed to use the women's restroom. PJI then clarified their position by saying that simply Doe's presence in the bathroom constituted harassment.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Trans Girl Targeted by Right-Wingers
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:09:02 pm »
Well fuck I guess hold it in for 7 hours seriously why have gender bathrooms

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:31:51 pm »
.........well there's my face meeting my claws.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:37:32 pm »
PJI should be sued for harassment by accusing someone of harassing people by merely existing.

Seriously, you need your head ridiculously far up your ass to think that someone merely EXISTING constitutes as harassment.

...Though this is consistent with everything the Republicans have done to deny people equal rights.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:34 pm »
You forgot the part about our favorite Radscum, Cathy Brennan, being involved. Because she has to stoop so low as to bully a teenager.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:09 pm »
Unisex bathrooms in public schools. Problem solved.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »

Got a long ways to go til then.  Primarily in the whole "they're naked, it must be for sexual reasons" arena.  Then, you realize that the people who say kids shouldn't be exposed to nudity because of sexualization, are the same brand of feebs that wouldn't want men and women to so much as share a box of tissue, much less a toilet.

They're so worried about protecting the poor, innocent baybeez that they can't see just how hilariously idiotic they're really being.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:17:22 pm »
I didn't think I could possibly loathe Cathy Brennan any more than I did up until now, but it's just an exponential rise.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 11:22:01 pm »

Got a long ways to go til then.  Primarily in the whole "they're naked, it must be for sexual reasons" arena.  Then, you realize that the people who say kids shouldn't be exposed to nudity because of sexualization, are the same brand of feebs that wouldn't want men and women to so much as share a box of tissue, much less a toilet.

They're so worried about protecting the poor, innocent baybeez that they can't see just how hilariously idiotic they're really being.

Which is pretty stupid considering parents take their opposite sex children in public restrooms all the time.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 11:25:12 pm »

I was going to say, "How about we have bathrooms like on Ally McBeal?" but you beat me to it.

If there was no reports of any students being harassed by Doe and this organization has put out a "report" about her, can she sue PJI for libel? I am just wondering what legal recourse that she could have.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 11:32:39 pm »
She could sue for libel since this was in a press release, and the school admins can sue them, as well. They'd have a damn fine, strong case. I hope they do sue. I want to throw the largest money donation I can at that effort if they do, but I doubt it will be needed, 'cause I can just hear the outraged shouts of a gazillion activist attorneys reverberating through the ether as they read about this. Pro Bono Posse, go get 'em!

Addendum - yup, and of course she's so totally a cutie and harmless looking. I bet she's popular with the cisgirls. Arrrgh! I'm so mad at these evil fuckers right now....
http://www.transadvocate.com/family-of-colorado-trans-kid-targeted-by-harassment-hoax-speaks-up.htm

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:02:43 am by mellenORL »
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 12:07:53 am »
From mellonORL's link:

Having lost the Prop 8 battle, equality foes have found a new, easier target: transgender children.

This, so hard. Trans* people are much easier to target than lesbian, gay, or bisexual people since even the LGBT* movement doesn't give much of a fuck about the T*. What are the odds that a publicly acceptable and recognizable "gay rights icon" like Dan Savage (*gag*) will defend Jane?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 12:37:19 am »
Oh fuck Savage and Brennan, both. They are traitors and self serving egotists.

The cool thing though, is that the whole school, students, parents, teachers...the town at large, are getting it together to defend this sweet shy girl.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 03:52:25 am »

Savage and Brennan have become what they've fought.  Bigots who downplay the struggles and suffering of minorities because they believe that what they have is more important.

They are to be hated, and they are to be pitied.  It takes a lot of work to remove your head from your anal cavity when it's that far lodged in, and most die of old age before that happens.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 04:08:56 am »

Savage and Brennan have become what they've fought.  Bigots who downplay the struggles and suffering of minorities because they believe that what they have is more important.

They are to be hated, and they are to be pitied.  It takes a lot of work to remove your head from your anal cavity when it's that far lodged in, and most die of old age before that happens.

They are people who fight for their own rights. And maybe rights for people who fit in the same mold as them. Just like rich Wall street bankers who lobby for tax cuts for big Wall street bankers or [insert ethnic group]-supremacists who claim theyr kind are the "master race" these people look out for themselves only. That's why they are willing to ignore other opressed groups, Dan Savage doesn't care for any opression or inequality unless it concerns HIS rights. I concider him and Rush Limbaugh and for example to be separated only by their sexuality, otherwise they are the same.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!