Author Topic: R.I.P. Jewwario  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
R.I.P. Jewwario
« on: January 27, 2014, 01:43:50 am »

I know there are some fans of That Guy With the Glasses here, and some of you have probably heard, but Justin Carmical, a.k.a. "Jewwario" tragically took his own life on Thursday at age 42. I don't have anything to say other than I feel absolutely horrible right now, and I for one will miss him.

The TGWTG website has a tribute up by Rob Walker, and I'm sure the other Channel Awesome reviewers have something up as well. Rest in peace, man.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Re: R.I.P. Jewwario
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:01:51 am »
At least Encyclopedia Dramatica did not take a piss on his grave.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:14:00 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:18:04 am »
I posted about this in the video game thread, but I didn't really articulate my own thoughts on it.

I met him at MAGFest this year and he was one of the most approachable Internet personalities I met that weekend (and I met a hell of a lot of them). He was the only one who asked me for my name after meeting him. While I'm not selfish enough to think that he remembered me, that's a small courtesy that only he had given. He was really fun to talk to and clearly cared about his fans very much.

It's so surreal to have talked to him not even four weeks ago, then for this to happen. He was so jovial and happy to interact with his fans that I can't imagine that such a thing would have happened. Seeing how his friends and other fans have reacted shows that no one saw it coming. I wish someone would have known he was going through some shit that could lead to this so he could have gotten the help he needed.

He will be missed. RIP, Justin
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:12:33 pm »
The sad thing is that depression, even suicidal depression, isn't always immediately obvious.  People with depression issues often come off as perfectly happy.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 05:25:49 pm »
I never actually watched his show, but I did think he had one of the best roles in Suburban Knights.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 06:07:04 pm »
Wow this sucks.   :(

There seems to be an increase in people taking their lives lately.   :'(

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 06:15:19 pm »
I'm just going to leave this here, since anything I have to contribute would pretty much be the same things I say in this video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkXSBtROR4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkXSBtROR4</a>
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:09:30 am »
I never actually watched his show, but I did think he had one of the best roles in Suburban Knights.
Agreed.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 02:48:02 pm »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:31:32 pm »
Oh fucking hell.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 03:41:53 pm »
That is so low.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 03:51:22 pm »
Hi, we are the Encyclopaedia Dramatica and we're a bunch of low-lives with an extremely sociopathic sense of humor who bash on other low-lives. It's called 'Free-speech', man, don't any of you politically correct nigger faggots tell us we shouldn't tell some weeaboo furry sacks of shit to get trolled, epically. We are Legion. WE ARE FUCKING LEGION!

As a person who only ever contributed to that site out of grudgewank (I've learned a huge lesson from my ego that these poor souls will never come to), my hatred for that site and its community is legitimate. It is none of that "BAWWW, ED GAVE ME A PAGE FOR MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG!!! AND MY CHARACTER TOO!!1!!11" shit, it's that these people are sociopaths and they refuse to admit it.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 08:13:10 pm »
And now you all know why, even when I got a good bit of revengewank over an asshole getting featured, I absolutely loathe Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Incidentally, this tripled my loathing.  I am overflowing with loathing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 08:45:05 pm »
If there was one page that I remember contributing there, it was on some girl with a Sonic-looking OC who had a crush on Luigi and hated both Princess Daisy (especially) and Prince Peasley because they crushed on Luigi. Oh yeah, and she was another Sonic/Amy person who was just as Die For Our Ship against Sally Acorn as she was for Daisy, yet Sally was subject to really gruesome treatment.

Of course, it was badly written and I copied shit from ED, even the YTMNDWiki.

(YTMND (You're The Man Now, Dog) was some 4Chan cloneish site that had images or gifs placed in background music. It has aged horribly and I find it laughable that people still use that site after, say, 2007.)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »
THANKS AGAIN FOR THAT WIKIPEDIA ENTRY THERE IRONHOLD!