Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629085 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6420 on: November 15, 2016, 12:33:37 pm »
Would he? I mean he is kind of far up his own ass.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6421 on: November 15, 2016, 10:04:36 pm »
I don't think they see him so much as "not elite" they see him as not a "typical rich fuck."  To a lot of people, a rich fuck is so far up their own ass that they won't even talk to someone of a "lower" class.  D Tizzle may either sexually assault you or, at best, be a grandstanding, showboating prick, but at least he'd talk to ya.
More likely they believe "elites" fit this stereotype because the actual elites put so much time and effort into convincing them that elites are not the people who actually run things but rather fine arts grads with horn rimmed glasses and a yen for craft beer and fairtrade coffee who control precisely squat!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6422 on: December 02, 2016, 02:52:49 am »
Here's one from Roosh's webshite

I have no idea what point he's trying to make.  And why does the teenaged boy seem sad his girlfriend doesn't want a baby?  Most teenaged boys don't want to have children yet.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6423 on: December 02, 2016, 08:40:29 am »
Exposing the biological clock for the myth that it is?  I know that isn't what was intended, but that's damn near how it looks.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6424 on: December 03, 2016, 05:23:02 pm »
Now I want a puppy *and* a baby

shame I can't afford either, definitely not both
Σא

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6425 on: December 16, 2016, 02:43:50 am »

Based on the context I found this... thing in, I am very much in the "not sure if serious" camp here.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6426 on: December 16, 2016, 04:07:41 am »

This just in: There were no violence or mass murders before the invention of video games! Film at 11!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6427 on: January 10, 2017, 03:36:24 pm »

...As far as I know Obamacare has been mostly working ok, but sure let's rewrite the history.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6428 on: January 10, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »

...As far as I know Obamacare has been mostly working ok, but sure let's rewrite the history.

Keep in mind that the ACA was originally Nixon's plan, then it was advocated for by the Heritage Foundation, and then it was the alternative to Clinton's plan proposed by Gingrich and Dole. The "individual mandate" is a conservative position, not a liberal one.

The major problem with the individual mandate is that it forces people to go to the private market without somehow instituting any form of price controls, whether through a regulatory body or by having a competing public option. As a result, private insurers, knowing people have to buy from them, have been able to hike their prices and make a killing from all the healthy twentysomethings who wouldn't have otherwise bought insurance.

That said, if the ACA had included a public option (IIRC it did in its original form but Obama wouldn't use the bully pulpit/threats of primary challenges to get it past the conservatives in his own party) the Republicans would want to kill it in order to "shrink government."

And the real reason for their objection to the ACA is the tax it imposes on people making more than $3,700,000 per year to fund the subsidies. The Republicans are the party of tax cuts, as long as you're really, really rich, and that's a tax they want cut.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Artyom15

• Neonate
« Reply #6429 on: January 12, 2017, 08:28:36 pm »

Other than your average yearly bureaucratic bullshit, the healthcare I've gotten through the Medicaid expansion that the ACA had was pretty great. I'm pretty excited for Republicans to replace it with "Fuck you poor people, don't get sick." I think that'll be an even better system than going to actual doctors.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6430 on: January 15, 2017, 12:13:53 pm »

Even Then

« Reply #6431 on: January 15, 2017, 12:28:26 pm »
Putting all other stupidity aside, apparently Ben Garrison thinks Italy expanding is on the same level as The Scary Brown Foreigners Invading Europe? I mean, the guy's a raving lunatic, but framing Italy as an "invasive foreign nation" to Europe is a special brand of stupid.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6432 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:46 pm »
To be fair, I think he just doesn't know what Africa is.

I mean he was always a nut, but after all that time he spent fighting off trolls trying to frame him as a neo-nazi only for him to go off and become one for real.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6433 on: January 16, 2017, 01:03:36 am »
I'm just wondering why some of the countries get to keep their old name or shape while others don't.  What is the logic here?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6434 on: February 15, 2017, 02:55:54 pm »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t