Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629249 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #645 on: March 17, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »
Lever letting it down...

I like how the donkey calls him all of those names and then the elephant just enforces the donkey's claim that he is a sexist.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #646 on: March 17, 2012, 08:05:40 pm »

Ron Paul is a liar. He's also crazy, though his foreign policy is much better than Obama's. His economic policy is just catastrophically bad. And his civil liberties policy is quite good, too.

Rush weighs, like, three times that much.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #647 on: March 17, 2012, 08:09:02 pm »

Ron Paul is a liar. He's also crazy, though his foreign policy is much better than Obama's. His economic policy is just catastrophically bad. And his civil liberties policy is quite good, too.

We're just going to have to disagree on foreign policy, I think, considering how night and day Obama and Paul are in that regard. :p

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #648 on: March 17, 2012, 08:12:02 pm »
I mean, it's not optimal. But it's at least moving in the right direction- non intervention, withdrawal, rollback, decolonisation. Isolationism is bad, sure (leave the UN!) but the way America engages with the world right now is very destructive- deliberately so. Even not engaging at all would be better than the status quo.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #649 on: March 17, 2012, 08:19:52 pm »

Aren’t these the same guys that say that when you exercise your freedoms you gotta man up and take responsibility for the consequences?
-A Pen Name

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #650 on: March 17, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »

We're just going to have to disagree on foreign policy, I think, considering how night and day Obama and Paul are in that regard. :p

Ron Paul would basically destroy all federal protections of civil liberties and focus on "states rights"  - a.k.a. "mob rule." He insists that all his positions are Constitutional, but then he not only supported the Defense of Marriage Act, but also introduced a bill that, if passed, would have made it illegal for the Supreme Court to hear cases pertaining to DoMA's legality. Gee, why would he ever need the second law if he's sooooo constitutional? ::)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #651 on: March 17, 2012, 08:40:39 pm »
He would also close Guantanamo, release all innocent people currently held illegally by the United States and stop criminal assassinations by the US government. He'd even probably release a bunch of nonviolent drug offenders. Sure, he'd do these things for insane reasons, but they're still good.

I'm not saying he should be president. I'm saying Obama shouldn't.

-FDR

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #652 on: March 17, 2012, 08:42:57 pm »
He would also close Guantanamo, release all innocent people currently held illegally by the United States and stop criminal assassinations by the US government. He'd even probably release a bunch of nonviolent drug offenders. Sure, he'd do these things for insane reasons, but they're still good.

This isn't about Obama vs. Paul. Frankly they're both shitty candidates. My point is that both of them are massive hypocrites so picking between them is like being caught between Iraq and a hard place.

It's sort of a hot-button issue for me because my dad has decided that the only things that matter to him are 1) becoming an isolationist country and 2) weed - and fuck everyone else. He justifies it under the banner of "protecting civil liberties."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:44:41 pm by Wykked Wytch »

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #653 on: March 17, 2012, 08:47:17 pm »
I love the idea of “Oh, we can free ourselves from these annoying checks and balances just by passing a law that says our other laws are immune from them.” I don’t think that is gonna fly.
-A Pen Name

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #654 on: March 17, 2012, 10:06:41 pm »

This isn't about Obama vs. Paul. Frankly they're both shitty candidates. My point is that both of them are massive hypocrites so picking between them is like being caught between Iraq and a hard place.

It's sort of a hot-button issue for me because my dad has decided that the only things that matter to him are 1) becoming an isolationist country and 2) weed - and fuck everyone else. He justifies it under the banner of "protecting civil liberties."

Doesn't your dad like Social Security?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #655 on: March 17, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »

Doesn't your dad like Social Security?

He just doesn't care about the topic. He's a complete pothead so all he wants is for weed to be legalized.

He thinks there's a massive conspiracy in the media and "the establishment" going on against Ron Paul. Only an idiot like my father could honestly believe, at the same time
1) Ron Paul is the only person with any chances of becoming President
2) The eeeeeevil media is downplaying Ron Paul's importance so people won't vote for him
And not see any contradictions.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #656 on: March 18, 2012, 03:53:40 am »

Am I the only one who noticed the bullet holes in the wall and took it to mean that women can't shoot guns? Cause, I know some girls that could probably shoot more accurately than some of the gun aficionados on the forum (a perk of growing up in the South).

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #657 on: March 18, 2012, 05:11:15 am »
I think the implication is supposed to be that the criticism directed at Rush is "off the mark", so to speak.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #658 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:09 am »
Of course, if the field is supposed to have been used as a firing squad range before Rush was even tied up, one might expect a few bullet holes to already be there.

But, yeah, there is never that kind of incidental detail in political cartoons. Except maybe for that one guy’s brickwork.
-A Pen Name

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #659 on: March 18, 2012, 03:06:37 pm »
I love the idea of “Oh, we can free ourselves from these annoying checks and balances just by passing a law that says our other laws are immune from them.” I don’t think that is gonna fly.

I almost want Ron Paul to get elected, just to see the Supreme Court bitchslap him down.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!