Author Topic: Rape victim to get caned  (Read 6874 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Rape victim to get caned
« on: May 07, 2014, 01:15:52 am »
Story here.

It's a short article so quoting enough of it to show what it's about would probably break copyright law.   It's as bad as the title says though.  They attacked her in her fucking home!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Rape victim to get caned
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:43:39 am »
The mob accuses her of commit illegal sexual activities... and then gang rapes her. What?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:44:54 am »
Yeah, those guys going to cane her?

I want to tie them down and cane [i[them[/i].  In the balls.  For ten times the amount they can her for.

Each.

As for the rapists, same punishment, only a hundred times the amount she's caned.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 01:50:15 am »
The moment I read the title, I knew this was some Sharia law fuckery.  This would have been considered backwards even in the Bible Belt. 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:29:30 am »
The moment I read the title, I knew this was some Sharia law fuckery.  This would have been considered backwards even in the Bible Belt.

It would've definitely been considered backwards, but they would probably hold equally backwards views on rape victims without realizing it.

I don't have a lot of faith in conservative christian fundies.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 10:19:13 am »

It would've definitely been considered backwards, but they would probably hold equally backwards views on rape victims without realizing it.

Neither do I, but there is some especially disturbing about these Islam fundies.  I guess it's what happens when a religious majority goes unchallenged for so long (at least they have progressives to balance them out here). 

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:49 am »
I swear, sometimes I want to line up every frummer against a wall and shoot them.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 10:50:52 am »
Yeah, I get those feelings of outrage, too. Seriously, though, how can you reach people like that? These torture punishments are worse than most anything done by supposedly brutal and savage primitive tribes; at least in those primal societies, every person is so important to the long term survival of the tribe, that severe punishments are rarely anything that would permanently harm the victim, physically or mentally. That we read about vicious, deadly punishments in the ancient holy books perhaps is a side effect of the fact that in those times and places written of, farming and livestock keeping raised the population so much that life became "cheap".
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 11:23:53 am »

Neither do I, but there is some especially disturbing about these Islam fundies.  I guess it's what happens when a religious majority goes unchallenged for so long (at least they have progressives to balance them out here).

Personally, I think it's also Islam's comparable youth. It's essentially going through it's medieval catholic phase.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 12:44:29 pm »
Yeah, I get those feelings of outrage, too. Seriously, though, how can you reach people like that? These torture punishments are worse than most anything done by supposedly brutal and savage primitive tribes; at least in those primal societies, every person is so important to the long term survival of the tribe, that severe punishments are rarely anything that would permanently harm the victim, physically or mentally. That we read about vicious, deadly punishments in the ancient holy books perhaps is a side effect of the fact that in those times and places written of, farming and livestock keeping raised the population so much that life became "cheap".

Incidentally, this is almost a legit anti-civilization argument, aside from intent.

It almost seems like we'd be better off in smaller pockets of people rather than massive cities of statistics.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 02:23:52 pm »
Oh I'd love to Rider Kick each and everyone of these people in the gonads.

Ironbite-just disgusts me that the sun just bakes whatever brains these people have clean out of their skulls.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 02:28:28 pm »
Personally, I think it's also Islam's comparable youth. It's essentially going through it's medieval catholic phase.

Is there any particular reason to think different religions have to go through the same stages over time?
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 03:29:28 pm »
Incidentally, this is almost a legit anti-civilization argument, aside from intent.

It almost seems like we'd be better off in smaller pockets of people rather than massive cities of statistics.

Anti-civilization, not so sure. Plenty of modern populations elsewhere do not condone this behavior.

I find it a more compelling case that we would be better off without Sharia law and Islam, though. That shit is poisonous.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 07:01:47 pm »

Is there any particular reason to think different religions have to go through the same stages over time?

I'd say the idea is because the two previous abrahamic religions where pretty violent in the early days after they got enough power, and then after a while they mellowed out (relatively anyway).
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 07:19:50 pm »
I don't think it's the case.  Frummerism is on the rise in Hindusim, and that's a much older religion than Islam.