Author Topic: Obama is Soft on Terror!..... Not.  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Nemo

• Pope
Obama is Soft on Terror!..... Not.
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:23:21 am »
We've heard the refrain before. President Obama is soft on terror. But we've also heard the opposite. President Obama is an iron fisted thug. In fact, in my local paper, Charles Krauthammer (well known neocon writer) usually criticizes the President's foreign policy as weak and childish, but has on a few occasions criticized the expansion of executive powers that comes along with the so called "war on terror".

Given the demographics of this site, I think I won't cause too much controversy when I state that Obama's foreign policy is, in action, more or less the same one used by President Bush. Sure, the rhetoric is different, but the substance is the same. More surveillance of citizens. More entanglement in foreign nations.

What do you think? When neoconservatives criticize President Obama as being weak, would you say that:
A) They have a point.
B) They are clueless.
C) They know he's just like them, but they want to deflect from that.
D) I like popcorn.
E) Other.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Obama is Soft on Terror!..... Not.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:33:55 am »
I think part of the problem is the unfortunate polarization in politics that's been going on in recent years.  This, combined with the fact that the two parties aren't as different as they like to think, leads to a lot of ironic situations.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:52:30 am »
I really like popcorn. I know, stone me.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 10:02:39 pm »
I really like popcorn. I like it enough to grab a big ol' tub of it, the biggest bottle of soda I can find, and a nice comfortable chair in which to sit back and enjoy the show.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 10:06:06 pm »
I kind of intended this thread to be a serious discussion of how the President is called soft on terror, often by the same people who criticize him for ramping up executive powers to fight the "war on terror". I also made a quick joke which I now regret doing. Note to self: never try to be humorous in a non humor section of the forum.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »
This is FQA.  There is no non-humor section.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 12:30:23 am »
Ghost Rider.

Ironbite-Awww yeah bringing some Beast Mayhem to FQA.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 07:09:22 am »
We've heard the refrain before. President Obama is soft on terror. But we've also heard the opposite. President Obama is an iron fisted thug. In fact, in my local paper, Charles Krauthammer (well known neocon writer) usually criticizes the President's foreign policy as weak and childish, but has on a few occasions criticized the expansion of executive powers that comes along with the so called "war on terror".

Given the demographics of this site, I think I won't cause too much controversy when I state that Obama's foreign policy is, in action, more or less the same one used by President Bush. Sure, the rhetoric is different, but the substance is the same. More surveillance of citizens. More entanglement in foreign nations.

What do you think? When neoconservatives criticize President Obama as being weak, would you say that:
A) They have a point.
B) They are clueless.
D) I like popcorn.
E) Other.

Am I the only person immature enough to think that Charles Krauthammers name makes me think his actual name is Charles Cabbagehammer?

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »

A) They have a point.
B) They are clueless.
D) I like popcorn.
E) Other.

E. other. Obama is a democrat, so he is always wrong no matter what he does in the tribal neocon mind. Only Republicans are ever correct. that line of logic must never be questioned for any reason whatsoever, or the terrorists win.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 02:21:49 am »
I think part of the problem is the unfortunate polarization in politics that's been going on in recent years.  This, combined with the fact that the two parties aren't as different as they like to think, leads to a lot of ironic situations.

Pretty much this.
Both parties visibly claim to be different and on opposite ends of any given spectrum, but the practicalities is that both parties are pretty much identical. With Obama declaring war on ISIL he has literally become a copy of Bush, which says a lot in a really sad way.

If you ever want to know which way congress or politics will side, ask yourself this simple question. Would mega corporations profit from this law / move? If yes it will pass. It does not matter which party is in the fancy office the real power is always and will always be the corporations.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:28 am »
This is FQA.  There is no non-humor section.
if I had room I'd sig that. *privately mourns thumbs-up button*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!