Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly's plan for mercenary army to defeat ISIS  (Read 6761 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Bill O'Reilly's plan for mercenary army to defeat ISIS
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:57 am »
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09/22/bill-oreillys-plan-to-defeat-isis-a-25000-perso/200848

Unfortunately(?) I can't see the video because my computer is a smoking pile of junk but fortunately(?) the sound still works and I can hear every stupid detail from Bill's plan.

Basic plan: "Elite force of english speaking soldiers" would be hired and trained to fight the war on terrorism. Also, rather than wasting tax payers money the unit would be paid by the cowardly nations that rely on USA/NATO for protection from terrorists. And the force would of course be lead by white officers 'MURRICAN and NATO officers. They would of course also be trained in USA and follow US rules of engagement. Oh, and no currently serving soldiers in the merc army apart from US/NATO of course.

As far as I can understand it this is yet again based on the crazy belief that "FREE MARKET" is better than goverment at everything.

...Or maybe Nestle/Blackwater is paying to Bill for him to advertise their company.

And I just love how he believes that everyone who supported Obama "knows" that his plan will fail and are only voting support for his plan out of spite/need to do something.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

Re: Bill O'Reilly's plan for mercenary army to defeat ISIS
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:04:38 am »
Or here's an even better idea. How about we all withdraw from the Middle East and let them handle their own affairs? ISIS is not in fact a threat to America or the rest of the west (shocking revelation, I know), nor are they our responsibility. I know that'll never happen anytime soon, but I guy sure can dream.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 03:16:34 am »
Or here's an even better idea. How about we all withdraw from the Middle East and let them handle their own affairs? ISIS is not in fact a threat to America or the rest of the west (shocking revelation, I know), nor are they our responsibility. I know that'll never happen anytime soon, but I guy sure can dream.
They are murdering other human beings. When it is confined to middle east you could make the claim that it does not concern countries outside of the middle east but what kind of person looks at others being slaughtered and says "it is not happening in my backyard so it is not my business?"

But I suppose that point is moot since the violence is not confined to just middle east east. ISIS has been planning attacks to the "west" as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 03:32:46 am »
They are murdering other human beings. When it is confined to middle east you could make the claim that it does not concern countries outside of the middle east but what kind of person looks at others being slaughtered and says "it is not happening in my backyard so it is not my business?"

But I suppose that point is moot since the violence is not confined to just middle east east. ISIS has been planning attacks to the "west" as well.
That sounds great in theory, but in practice playing world police always just wastes ungodly amounts of money and makes life for the people there even worse. Not to mention we only ever seem to get a bleeding heart for oppressed people in countries that have oil and aren't exporting it as quickly and reliably as we'd like.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:50:26 am »

That sounds great in theory, but in practice playing world police always just wastes ungodly amounts of money and makes life for the people there even worse. Not to mention we only ever seem to get a bleeding heart for oppressed people in countries that have oil and aren't exporting it as quickly and reliably as we'd like.
Ah yes, because Bosnia has such vast oil reserves.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 10:58:10 am »

Ah yes, because Bosnia has such vast oil reserves.
A brief civil war is vastly different to an indefinite occupation.

Also, pretty much all of sub-Saharan Africa is an utter basket case, where roving warlords are a dime a dozen, yet everyone's content to let them fend for themselves. Yet when it comes to the Middle East, it's suddenly our moral duty to play world police, because that's worked out absolutely brilliantly so far. The hypocrisy and the utter stupidity in thinking war will actually benefit the locals in spite of the mountains of evidence to the contrary leaves me amazed that you warhawks ever figured how this breathing thing works.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:32:00 pm »
Ideas like this come in, ideas like this go out.  Nobody can explain it.

@Art Vandelay: Amen.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 01:52:17 am »
Bill O'Reilly realizes that such a thing would be incredibly illegal and an enormous violation of the International Rule of Law, right?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 03:19:32 am »
This is easily one of the stupid things he has said.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 03:59:04 am »

EDIT: "Stupid", not "stupidest", Magus, learn 2 read.

Yes, this is easily one of the stupid things he's said.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 04:21:15 am »

EDIT: "Stupid", not "stupidest", Magus, learn 2 read.

Yes, this is easily one of the stupid things he's said.

I was very careful. I see my attempt at subtle humour may have tricked you and I apologise.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 09:49:44 pm »
Any halfway decent student of Machiavelli can tell you how this would blow up in your face. Besides, we already tried mercenaries...remember Blackwater?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »
What about these mercs? They look like a bunch of well-adjusted, reliable and totally sane guys. Perfect for the job!

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 12:30:17 am »
And they all wear different hats!

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 03:02:38 am »
What about these mercs? They look like a bunch of well-adjusted, reliable and totally sane guys. Perfect for the job!

Especially the Spy. We don't know whose side he's truly on, but neither does the enemy. And that gives us the advantage. Somehow.