Author Topic: Some More stupidity of Ray Comfort.  (Read 7258 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Some More stupidity of Ray Comfort.
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:26:53 pm »
Because I haven't posted about him in a long time, and when I tried to put this as a reply in the other "Some stupidity of Ray Comfort" thread, the system advised me that due to the age of that thread, I should maybe just start a new one.

So, like a good little person that I am:   Here you all go.

God, that man is stupid.

His fans are worse...though there is at least ONE person calling Ray out.  Jake Krahn

So, here's Ray on "consensual" sex, after Jake tries to set him straight by talking about buying off the father of the rape victim.  He should have used the example of the Isrealites and the Midianite virgin women:  Less wiggle room for Ray.

Ray:
Notice the words "if they be found." Clearly consential. Today, we call it a "shotgun" wedding. Slavery during war was used by Japan, Germany, England, and the U.S. During peacetime the word slavery was used synomymously with the word "servant." Kidnapping (American slavery) was punishable by death. Stop reading the lies on atheist sites.

It's within the fold that takes place right after the banana picture.  You can see more of Ray's stupidity there.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Some More stupidity of Ray Comfort.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:27:37 pm »
*Twitches.*
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:08:33 am »
clicks the link. Ouch! Dammit, that stupid burns.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 11:14:21 am »
Quite honestly, I'm surprised Mr. Comfort is still alive.  I keep expecting him to die from running with scissors or something.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 01:10:33 pm »
That motherfucker so stupid I'm surprised he hasn't forgotten how to breath.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 01:44:26 pm »
People like Ray don't become successful by being stupid.

Like the worst of con-men, he knows exactly what he's saying and exactly whom he's harming with his rhetoric. He just doesn't care about them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:46:03 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 02:01:19 pm »
Speaking of which, has anybody heard about Ray's newest movie (not sure if it's out)? Audacity is about homosexuality, and unlike his other "documentaries", will be a scripted movie.

Edit: About time a comment posted. I've been trying for a few days, and I kept getting a message saying I was timed out.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 01:41:05 am »
Speaking of which, has anybody heard about Ray's newest movie (not sure if it's out)? Audacity is about homosexuality, and unlike his other "documentaries", will be a scripted movie.

Edit: About time a comment posted. I've been trying for a few days, and I kept getting a message saying I was timed out.

Had the same problem with that time-out thing.

Banana Guy has a MOVIE?! Hooboy! This oughta be good! :P

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 10:30:05 am »
Well, Ray's released several movies, most of which have consisted of him interviewing random people on the streets and tripping them up with leading questions, many of which were poorly defined. Evolution vs. God, for example, features PZ Myers and other professors in the promo, but they take up at most ten minutes of run time. Also, whenever Ray was given an example of evolution, he denied it by saying it didn't show a change of "kinds". He never defined the criteria of his "kinds" taxonomy, and I knew when I first watched it that he wanted a whale giving birth to a porcupine or something like that. This guy does a full takedown of Ray's "documentary".

Well, I can't put in a Youtube thing, so here's a link.

In addition, Ray claimed in his Noah "documentary" that lunar eclipses were an undeniable sign of the end times. Seriously. I find that argument even dumber than Ray's banana argument, and would love to see Ray known as "lunar eclipse man" instead of "banana man".
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 04:47:31 pm »
Hate to necro an older topic, but here's the Facebook page for Ray's upcoming "movie" on homosexuality, which has a trailer. It looks like it will be his first ever movie that doesn't consist entirely of edited man on the street interviews with random people. Some predictions:
  • The "have you ever told a lie, hated someone, engaged in the heresy of thinking" line will be brought in.
  • The acting will be horrible.
  • There will be Nazis. Somehow. It's Ray Comfort, that's why.
  • There will be an atheist strawman who is easily silenced by PRATTs
  • In order to justify a hatred of homosexuals while simultaneously pretending to be loving, homosexuality will be compared to rape, pedophilia, or murder. Nobody will really challenge this, because if Jesus says they are the same, then they are the same damnit! If they are challenged, see previous statement for the defense of this position.
  • Based on the trailer, the Author Sue will convince the gay couple to swallow his entire theology by saving their lives during an armed robbery.
  • There will be some point at which, despite Ray using this to parrot his line about how fundies are merely "lovingly concerned" about homosexuals, we see the mask slip just a bit. Maybe he'll bring a Scott Lively argument (see Nazis).

Come on, guys, help my list grow.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 08:07:21 pm »
Hate to necro an older topic, but here's the Facebook page for Ray's upcoming "movie" on homosexuality, which has a trailer. It looks like it will be his first ever movie that doesn't consist entirely of edited man on the street interviews with random people. Some predictions:
  • The "have you ever told a lie, hated someone, engaged in the heresy of thinking" line will be brought in.
  • In order to justify a hatred of homosexuals while simultaneously pretending to be loving, homosexuality will be compared to rape, pedophilia, or murder. Nobody will really challenge this, because if Jesus says they are the same, then they are the same damnit! If they are challenged, see previous statement for the defense of this position.
  • Based on the trailer, the Author Sue will convince the gay couple to swallow his entire theology by saving their lives during an armed robbery.
  • There will be some point at which, despite Ray using this to parrot his line about how fundies are merely "lovingly concerned" about homosexuals, we see the mask slip just a bit. Maybe he'll bring a Scott Lively argument (see Nazis).

you seem to be pretty thorough, dude. perhaps it will involve children testifying? as everyone knows, children are innocent and only the truth comes out of the mouths of children...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 05:28:58 pm »
I'm honestly not too surprised that Ray Comfort doesn't seem to understand the concept of "consent."  That seems to be a feature of the religious right's mindset, not a bug. 

See, they don't actually see sex as something taking place between equals.  In their worldview, it literally can't.  See, the ONLY proper context for sex is between a man and his wife in the marriage bed, and in fundamentalist religion, women and men aren't even remotely equal.  The wife is essentially the property of the father until he chooses to give her away, at which point she becomes the property of her husband.  She doesn't have the power to withhold consent--notice the fire from the far right any attempt to pass or enforce spousal-rape laws inevitably draws.   Women aren't afforded much more status than children, who are ALSO seen as the property of their parents--their father first, then their mother.  The only equal adults who can exist would be two men, or two women--and both are kinds of relationships which are decreed strictly forbidden.  Sex is something done to you, or that you do to someone, and not something both partners participate in equally. 

I honestly think that a lot of the right's behavior stems from this glitch--regardless of what they may say, they encounter what amounts to a "divide by cucumber" error when they try to wrap their minds around the concept of "mutual adult consent."  
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 10:42:49 pm »
I'm honestly not too surprised that Ray Comfort doesn't seem to understand the concept of "consent."  That seems to be a feature of the religious right's mindset, not a bug. 

See, they don't actually see sex as something taking place between equals.  In their worldview, it literally can't.  See, the ONLY proper context for sex is between a man and his wife in the marriage bed, and in fundamentalist religion, women and men aren't even remotely equal.  The wife is essentially the property of the father until he chooses to give her away, at which point she becomes the property of her husband.  She doesn't have the power to withhold consent--notice the fire from the far right any attempt to pass or enforce spousal-rape laws inevitably draws.   Women aren't afforded much more status than children, who are ALSO seen as the property of their parents--their father first, then their mother.  The only equal adults who can exist would be two men, or two women--and both are kinds of relationships which are decreed strictly forbidden.  Sex is something done to you, or that you do to someone, and not something both partners participate in equally. 

I honestly think that a lot of the right's behavior stems from this glitch--regardless of what they may say, they encounter what amounts to a "divide by cucumber" error when they try to wrap their minds around the concept of "mutual adult consent."

That, my friend, is the root of all homophobia throughout history!

This also explains why gay-haters are often more squicked-out by Theban* sex more than Lesbian sex. The assumption is is "All Thebans have buttsex" therefore the feeling is "How dare a man lower himself to that of a mere, inferior woman!".

Even the ancient Greeks & Romans weren't as progressive about LGBT stuff as we think. Effete men were scorned (unless they were in a much lesser station or teen boys of lesser station), Theban sex was only allowed between an older, dominant man of higher status in the "top" role only and the bottom a "lesser station" guy like a younger slave, servant, teen guy, eunuch etc. Therefore, gay sex was only acceptable in certain ways. Two guys in an equal relationship was a huge no no and most men professed to be into women (even the guys nailing other guys).

[*My term for gay male sex, much like 'Lesbian' is to females. A reference to The Sacred Band of Thebes, an ancient elite army regiment of gay male couples. 'Gay' refers to both Thebans & Lesbians]

I got something for the list: Gays getting into "Evil Uncle Ernie" territory!

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 11:45:20 pm »
Ray has said that he was trying to address homosexuality with "sensitivity", so I suspect he'll largely stick to a crocodile tear laden schtick of suggesting that gay people are just sick and need a cure (which is Jesus).

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 01:03:43 pm »
How long until we find Ray in a motel with a male hooker?