Author Topic: Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 110965 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2017, 02:39:27 am »
From Reddit, a good list of all the Trump-Russia connections:
Don't expect a "smoking-gun moment", unless you really think 100+years experienced Russia is gonna make silly mistakes. Either Russia is good at their job, or they are amateurs who get caught. There exists very strong evidence already public (some of it could :

Sessions, lied about meeting Russians.
    DJT has been to Russia several times, 1987, 1996, 2013. Why so much business in a poor-investment dictatorship? Defended Putin from accusations of killing journalists. Said Ukraine was not invaded. Praised Putin. Refused to criticize his warcrimes. Stated to ABC that he has a "great relationship with Putin" then lied and said "he has no relationship with Putin." In a press conference, he stated "Microscopic cameras, little tiny cameras that you can't see. I told people if they aren't careful they'll see themselves on the news." After NYE party asked about hacks and emails he stated "just use a courier, if you have something important to write, just send a courier. Send a courier." Similar to how Putin and his inner circle never uses email.
    J.D. Gordon, confessed to saying DJT team organized weakening of Ukraine stance from Party platform.
    Page, met with Russians after lying about it, then lied about there not being an investigation of himself and confessed minutes later in same interview.
    Ivanka tweeted out Russian spyware (Ivanak Trump HQ account). Also parties with a Russian oligarch's wife. Ivanak is trying to build a future political career, frequently taking political photo ops.
    Donald Jr. confessed to Russians owning disproportionate amount of Trump Org. and his father denied it.
    Kushner met with Kislyak along with Flynn & Sessions. He is considered a "spy master"
    Bannon's breitbart has Russian search engine tags on his website. Randomly becomes chief strategist.
    Mercer's (who support Bannon, own Breitbart) yacht was seen with Russian oligarch yachts on an island.
    Betsy Devos's brother Erik Prince met with UAE on Seychelles to establish Trump and Putin backchannel.
    Flynn met with Kislyak and was fired for communicating to the Russians about sanctions and who knows what other crimes. Flynn also took money from RussiaToday & Erdogan.
    Roger Stone, predicted accurately of releases by Russian intel (WL) and has frequently gone on RussiaToday.
    Rudy Giuliani is named as defense lawyer for Iranian-Turkish trader accused of laundering money for Erdogan and breaking Iranian sanctions in a Preet Bharara case. Rudy also predicted somethings about "something big coming" related to Clinton emails live on TV before it happened.
    Rex Tillerson received Order of Friendship from Russia. He has toasted Champagne with Putin while Putin was under sanctions. He was warned by officials not to go to a St. Petersburg meeting to trade with sanctioned Russian nation. He's trying to get a waiver for Russia-arctic deal worth $500B. He's met with Putin by ditching his press pool.
    Paul Manafort, campaign manager of Trump during general election. Was suddenly fired after his Russian-ties and oligarch ties started becoming front page news. Yet he still continued and served as an unofficial capacity inside Trump tower. Kellyanne even refused to take some credit for the DJT victory in an interview because in reality, Paul Manafort was still the boss who gets the credit.
    Michael Cohen, lawyer for campaign, traveled to Europe during the elections, where it is believed he met with Russians. He denied it of course. But why did he lie on TV about never having been to Czech Republic? He later confessed on twitter he had been there before but "in the distant past".
    Rand Paul goes golfing with Trump after putting up a faux-fight over healthcare. He also defends Trump from Russia accusations.
    Mercer, the billionaire that owns 51% of Breitbart, supports Rand Paul, Ted Cruz (Trump accused his father of being involved with JFK's death and yet Ted Cruz is still supportive of Trump today strangely), Mike Lee, and Donald trump. Mercer was angry at Ted for refusing to support Trump during conventions (guess Ted felt underappreciated). Mike Lee is associated with Utah's Jon Huntsman, who became Amb. to Russia last month. Strange. All of these guys were heavily promoting anti-NSA propaganda by Russian spy Ed Snow (which served as a tool for Russian propaganda and a Russian defense minister even confessed he worked for Russia).

You can't just call everything here "one big coincidence" unless you are braindead.

The Steele Russia dossier has been corroborated and line items have been confirmed by agencies and journalists looking into it. Not one thing has been unequivocally proven false.

(for those who don't understand why I mention Erdogan/Turks... Erdogan since the 2016 coup, has been good friends with Putin, which some places claim was because Putin saved Erdogan's life during the coup. They've been quite friendly ever since which is bizarre.)

EDIT: Can you believe my list is so long and I forgot Paul Manafort the campaign manager and Putin's agent who helped Yanukovich, the Russian puppet in Ukraine?

EDIT2: Woops forgot Michael Cohen too. I keep forgetting things and the list keeps growing, what's going on here.

EDIT3: Hah, someone reminded me of how I didn't mention DJT's own "great relationship with Putin" and his Beauty Pagent in 2013, and going to Russia several times.

EDIT4: Wow did you see that? The russians deleted 2-3 of their own 200+upvote comments, just to bury my comment reply. Haha. Wow Russians, you real good at your jobs bro. Good job bro. Respect.

Feel free to copy-paste this list anywhere. Even re-doing it as a thread on twitter or other sites.

And yes, Pro-Russian commenters did try to bury this post. It was linked to "best of reddit" and several Pro-Russian commenters ganged up on it there as well.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:00:03 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:01:01 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #392 on: May 13, 2017, 02:24:59 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #393 on: May 13, 2017, 03:14:28 am »
Silly rational people, don't you know that two of those were clearly dirty evil cultural appropriators?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #394 on: May 13, 2017, 08:36:37 am »
Maybe its aliens, maybe its engineers...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #395 on: May 15, 2017, 11:22:51 pm »
https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/winners-and-losers-of-the-recent-nuclear-holocaust

The nation was recently rocked by retaliatory nuclear blasts that have turned much of America into a barren wasteland, decimating the population, triggering the rise of firestorms and supervolcanoes, and generally bringing civilization to the brink of collapse. Let’s take a look at the political fallout.

Winners

Congressional Republicans: Widespread destruction aside, this was a kumbaya moment for a caucus that has had its share of family spats of late. For the first time since coming together to narrowly pass the American Health Care Act in May, Speaker Paul Ryan wonkily persuaded the House GOP’s version of the Hatfields and McCoys — the principled hardliners of the Freedom Caucus on one hand, and the reasonable moderates of the Tuesday Group on the other — to set their bickering aside just long enough to squeak through a resolution in support of President Trump’s plan, tweeted out at 3:29 a.m. on Thursday morning, to “FRANCE IS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. Sick country that won’t solve its own problems. Maybe nucluar?” Concerns that a more deliberative Senate would splash cold water on a rare show of Republican unity proved unfounded when Senator Susan Collins (R-ME), the human fulcrum perched stoically at the precise center of American politics, revealed in a nationally televised special that she would vote to authorize nuclear war to balance out the fact that she had recently broken ranks with her party on an agriculture appropriations bill.

CNN: As every news producer knows, nothing makes for better theater than war — and nothing makes for better CNN than theater. Right up until the moment when the first blast’s electromagnetic pulse wiped out all of the technology on the eastern seaboard, the cable giant was in fine form, drawing record viewership to a number of its weekday staples. The roiling debate over whether or not to abruptly drop hydrogen bombs on traditional allies proved to be compelling fodder; one particularly juicy squabble between contributors Jeffrey Lord and Lanny Davis will likely go down in history as the second-to-last thing to go viral. Time will tell whether Ari Fleischer’s observation that a nuclear conflict “could be the victory that Donald Trump needs to right the ship of this administration” holds true, but one thing’s for certain
— this moment was CNN as it was meant to be: a grand arena where intellectual titans come to match wits and battle it out over issues with no clear answer.

Donald Trump: Sure, the verdict may not be in just yet. But when the radioactive dust settles, we could be looking at a game-changing moment for a young presidency. Trump may have ruffled some feathers with less-than-sensitive remarks to the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman that the nuclear holocaust would be “way bigger than the old Holocaust,” but let’s be clear — political correctness has never been this man’s game. For a president with his eye on 2020, an uncertain path to reelection just got a whole lot more manageable, with the threshold for victory in the Electoral College now down from 270 votes to 14. While thermonuclear annihilation may be an inelegant solution, it burnishes the public impression of Trump as a man of action — eccentric, perhaps, but someone who at the end of the day isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty or seek out unorthodox solutions. Those who are still parsing whether the first wave of mortal attacks were justified are asking all the wrong questions. The truth is, it doesn’t matter — this president will be remembered as The Great Disruptor for taking strong and decisive action again and again. Goodbye Armageddon. Hello, Arma-mentum.

Losers

Hillary Clinton: The former Secretary of State was spared from the vast and merciless extermination due to scheduled travel. To Wisconsin, you might ask? Of course not. Instead, the one-time Democratic nominee had jetted off to Tanzania to take part in a symposium on empowering women and girls in the world’s fastest-growing economies — an excursion that is sure to raise new questions about her ability to connect with everyday Americans. It’s the same old story: as ever, a politician notorious for being out-of-touch with regular people goes out of her way to prove it once again, this time by failing to relate to the now-quintessential American experience of being instantaneously vaporized into ash by a 500 kiloton wall of unsparing white light that — unlike some people we know — actually deigns to visit blue collar communities in every state.

Decorum: One of the lasting images of western civilization will surely be that of Democratic lawmakers shouting “what the h*ll are you doing?!” at their colleagues from across the aisle during the decisive vote that emboldened President Trump to make good on his nuclear promises. Though it may be considered old-fashioned by some, plenty of Americans still cringe at crude language, and this latest episode is another sad reflection of the coarsening of our public life. The well of the House of Representatives is no place for curse words, no matter how frustrated you are by a vote that went the other way — but try telling that to the handful of irate Dems who, seemingly unaware that C-SPAN was there to capture every moment, hurled expletive after expletive at pragmatic adults-in-the-room Darrell Issa (R-CA), Justin Amash (R-MI), and Elise Stefanik (R-NY) as they cast the votes that clinched a much-needed victory for Speaker Ryan. Here’s hoping that crass behavior on both sides soon gets eradicated along with all carbon-based life forms.

All of those people who died: It can be easy to forget given how exciting the political implications are, but one underreported result of the nuclear holocaust is that hundreds of millions of human beings were killed, the unique symphonies of their lives silenced forever, never again to know the sweet breath of existence.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #396 on: May 21, 2017, 03:48:19 am »
I mostly work with adolescents with developmental and/or physical disabilities (e.g. autism, cerebral palsy, angelman syndrome). The first time I saw a client feel anxiety about Trump was when he mocked the guy with disabilities. The kids I work with have generally experienced a lot of bullying and a major figure doing it seems to have made it more acceptable for other kids to bully them. Additionally, many of my transitioning aged clients are very concerned about their insurance. While nearly all of them will qualify for medicaid, the talk of decreasing medicaid funding has them very nervous about their future access to treatment.

Beyond that, I serve a lot of lower income families. While it largely seems to be ignored by the general public, factories have caused lead to leech into the soil in low income areas and lead is also found in older homes that have chipping paint. Some of the kids are very concerned about having to leave the school that they like because they have heard people say it could be shut down because of vouchers. Parents are concerned because they don't have transportation to and from private schools. Private schools also don't have to honor IEPs in the same way state-funded schools do. This means that the services for kids in need special education programs at these types of schools can leave much to be desired.

I also have some Muslim client's and Mexican/South American clients who are afraid because of the talks of deportation and Muslim bans that they lock all the doors and windows and try to keep their family members from leaving the house. The kids hear stuff on the news and they panic. Additionally, parents have asked some of our staff if we would take care of their kids if they were deported. Other's have asked if we would report their immigration status to child protective services.

I could go on, but I actually have to get ready to head out. I know this is a stressful time for many people, but I hope everyone here is able to find ways to cope. Take care!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #397 on: May 21, 2017, 06:39:49 pm »
Card Kingdom is doing a cool thing!

http://thegauntlet2017.causevox.com/blog/the-gauntlet-day-of-games-and-giving-at-mox

Check it out, give money if you can, watch for the next few hours on Twitch.tv/cardkingdom if you like boardgames!

And yes, this is more a doing a good thing than saying one, but this felt like the appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:43:59 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #398 on: May 25, 2017, 11:30:30 am »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #399 on: May 31, 2017, 04:48:42 am »
In response to this article: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/ben-sasse-virtue-politics/528015/

IT'S TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT.

What's vanishing is our society's ability to uphold its end of the social contract. Here's how the fucking social contract works: your society says it has things it wants from you, and in exchange for aiming your life toward what they want, you get to LIVE WELL.

I am a retired middle- and high-school teacher, and I saw no lack of kids working their ASSES off, trying to comply with whatever bullshit busywork their school and district and nation demanded of them. They worked their asses off, did the extra-curriculars, got into the good school, gave up on their DREAMS to pursue the fucking STEM degree because you HAVE to do it to get a job, and then what?

I'm teaching their younger brother, and apparently this great, great student is back home living with mom, with a masters in electrical engineering.

FUCK YOU, BEN SASSE. My god-damn students BELIEVED in this country, believed that if they really did follow all your bullshit Protestant work-ethic shit that their nation, their country, would say, "WELL DONE, and now, for our part of the bargain, here is your secure job, with FULL BENEFITS, with a PENSION, with PAID MATERNITY LEAVE, with job security and pride!"

You see, a nation has to hold up that end of the social contract IF THEY WANT THERE TO BEEEE ANY FUCKING ADULTS! Instead, we have a million studies that less pissed people can post about how wages have stagnated, and nobody gets to have the kind of career my grandfather enjoyed FOR LESS WORK SIXTY YEARS AGO.

FUCK.

HOW FUCKING DARE THESE ASSHOLES think that we are so dumb as to keep putting up with it? 6 out of the 20 most common professions in America are about to be replaced by FUCKING robots in the next generation, and this diposhitz is telling us we need to all come together and study hard and work for.... a future where there aren't any JOBS??? And fuck jobs anyway! I don't want a job for my students, I want them to have what my mother had, a CAREER, doing something meaningful, that made her believe in her country, because when her kids got sick, we got to go to the doctor. Because her NATION, even maybe 40 years ago, was willing to uphold its end of the deal and make sure that its networks of distribution didn't condemn successive generations to more and more poverty.

The only lack of virtue is on the part of these sanctimonious assholes telling us we have to run their fucking rat race harder in the way they tell us, and meanwhile, they're gonna keep funneling ALL THIS NATION'S WEALTH upwards like hot tar through a FUCKING traffic cone right into the asses of billionaires.

Fuck them. I say we rise up and slay them and make a world that holds up its end of the bargain.

And fuck you, Ben Sasse. I had to watch 6th graders, ELEVEN YEAR OLDS with thousand-yard stares because they knew it didn't matter how hard they worked, the structure of YOUR COUNTRY, which YOU GOVERN, has doomed them to fucking penury, you evil, lobbyist-serving piece of shit.

STOP FUCKING WITH MY KIDS, with AMERICAN KIDS. Time to fucking cough up a shitload of reform or get off your god damn soap box.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2017, 03:26:53 am »
Sometimes the world is a wonderful place...

Someone asked: "What would happen if USA decided to leave EU?"
https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen-if-the-USA-announced-that-it-was-withdrawing-from-the-European-Union

I cannot prove with 100% certainty that this was a joke question. Still, the answer to it is pure awesome...

They start off with a simple summary:

• It is the general consensus and understanding that the United States is not part of the European Union.
  • Americans and Europeans alike would, in the event it was true, feel very perturbed.
  • We cannot rule out the possibility that President Donald Trump might enter the EU regardless, and repeat bullet-point two.

Then they move on to a wonderful "what if?" scenario of how the events might unfold. It is worth reading.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2017, 08:48:15 pm »
But here’s my question: Who is telling the Tea Partiers and Trump voters to empathize with the rest of us? Why is it all one way? Hochschild’s subjects have plenty of demeaning preconceptions about liberals and blue-staters—that distant land of hippies, feminazis, and freeloaders of all kinds. Nor do they seem to have much interest in climbing the empathy wall, given that they voted for a racist misogynist who wants to throw 11 million people out of the country and ban people from our shores on the basis of religion (as he keeps admitting on Twitter, even as his administration argues in court that Islam has nothing to do with it). Furthermore, they are the ones who won, despite having almost 3 million fewer votes. Thanks to the founding fathers, red-staters have outsize power in both the Senate and the Electoral College, and with great power comes great responsibility. So shouldn’t they be trying to figure out the strange polyglot population they now dominate from their strongholds in the South and Midwest? What about their stereotypes? How respectful or empathetic is the belief of millions of Trump voters, as established in polls and surveys, that women are more privileged than men, that increasing racial diversity in America is bad for the country, that the travel ban is necessary for national security? How realistic is the conviction, widespread among Trump supporters, that Hillary Clinton is a murderer, President Obama is a Kenyan communist and secret Muslim, and the plain-red cups that Starbucks uses at Christmastime are an insult to Christians? One of Hochschild’s subjects complains that “liberal commentators” refer to people like him as a “redneck.” I’ve listened to liberal commentators for decades and have never heard one use this word. But say it happened once or twice. “Feminazi” went straight from Rush Limbaugh’s mouth to general parlance. One of Hochschild’s most charming subjects, a gospel singer and preacher’s wife, uses it like a normal word. Equating women who want their rights with the genocidal murder of millions? How is that not a vile insult?
Source:

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2017, 09:54:43 pm »
From an anti-abortion, hardcore-textualist, Tea Party-conservative in Minneapolis-Saint Paul who donated to Evan McMullin:

The Nation is not wrong thar.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2017, 06:30:16 pm »