Author Topic: Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 110987 times)

pyro

Re: Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2017, 06:52:39 pm »
But here’s my question: Who is telling the Tea Partiers and Trump voters to empathize with the rest of us?

I'm tempted to crack a joke about not supporting lost causes. Tempted, because I think most of the supporters just circle (R) without reading anything else. It's not a matter of convincing people to not be psychopaths; it's a matter of convincing people that the political system is fixable, meaning that the input you feed it actually matters.

The aforementioned joke seems counterproductive toward that aim.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 06:56:07 pm by pyro »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2017, 01:00:34 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2017, 01:09:44 am »
Is it that hard to recognise that it was just a tv show? It wasn't real?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #408 on: June 19, 2017, 01:12:35 am »
Is it that hard to recognise that it was just a tv show? It wasn't real?

I posted it here because we've had quotes from people in other threads about how Bill Cosby can't be bad, because Cliff Huxtable was a great dad!
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2017, 01:14:24 am »
If only Hitler had been an actor rather than an artist. Everything would've been fine.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2017, 02:01:07 am »
And Anthony Hopkins must be a cannibal, because Hannibal Lecter was.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2017, 02:11:14 am »
If only Hitler had been an actor rather than an artist. Everything would've been fine.

Unsuccessful artists always seem to end up fucking bad. Whereas unsuccessful actors end up as excellent waiters I guess

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #412 on: July 04, 2017, 11:58:38 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #413 on: July 12, 2017, 02:48:38 pm »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2017, 07:39:47 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg</a>

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2017, 12:16:01 am »
Patricia Arquette's tweet:

Finally all the people in the White House are being polite. They are all running around saying "pardon me."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2017, 01:53:49 pm »

"There'd better be three million dollars worth of sodomy going on here or we've made a poor financial decision." Posting it mainly for that joke. Anyway, couldn't find the original article but here's another one: http://www.newsmax.com/US/samford-university-lgbt-group-donation/2017/07/20/id/802819/

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #417 on: July 26, 2017, 01:45:33 am »
Freedom seldom means the same thing to a wolf that it means to a lamb. If a shelter is built to protect the lambs, the wolves howl that the lambs have lost their freedom. Of course, public programs and collective bargaining restrict some kinds of freedom, but they may safeguard or create other kinds of freedom of greater importance.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2017, 01:54:46 am »
Source? Because that quote is awesome.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast