Author Topic: School attack in Sweden  (Read 7426 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: School attack in Sweden
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 01:40:06 pm »
That's true. Most of them don't make the headlines. There was a university shooting in Tennessee yesterday or day before with a small-ish count on hurt and dead, and it's basically hovering under the media radar.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 01:43:35 pm »
Two dead, four hurt is as high a body count as your average shooter? You sure about that, Askold?

Seems like he got more than the average mass shooter in USA this year:
http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

The ones that get famous are the ones with bigger death count but on average there seem to be 0 deaths and few injuries.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »
Remembers, kids; according to the media, blood is sexy.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 02:16:51 pm »
Two dead, four hurt is as high a body count as your average shooter? You sure about that, Askold?

The ones that get famous are the ones with bigger death count but on average there seem to be 0 deaths and few injuries.

Fair enough.  I concede the point.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 02:54:34 pm »
This thread has made me resolve that if I ever do commit a mass murder, I will do it with a halberd. That oughta get me famous for sure.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 03:02:42 pm »
I suggest you use a spork.  If only for a refuge in audacity.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 03:09:23 pm »
This thread has made me resolve that if I ever do commit a mass murder, I will do it with a halberd. That oughta get me famous for sure.

Glaive-guisarme. Or a glaive-guisarme-glaive.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 03:09:57 pm »
Don't say dildo... Don't say dildo... Don't say dildo... Don't say dildo... Don't say dildo... Don't say dildo... Don't say dildo... Thinkofsomethingelse... Maybe a rubber chicken? That should be funny!

Well if you really want to turn some heads you gotta go on a killing spree with a dildo.

Dammit!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 03:13:56 pm »
I suggest you use a spork.  If only for a refuge in audacity.

i've always dreamed of going on a rampage using glitter-filled balloons and a rubber chicken. the only thing that stopped me would be that it would send me right back to the loony bin.

but seriously, just imagine the headlines!  ;D

edit: dammit, askold thought of it too!
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »

Doing the math (by which I mean copypasting into statistics sofware):

Deaths: average 1.25, median 1. Wounds: average 3.7, median 4.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »
I should have said that the average was 1, rather than 0 since that is what it looked like before I derped as I wrote the post, but Sigma did do a proper count.

Still, he did get over the average in kills with just a sword and while only attacking certain people rather than stabbing everyone he could.

Swords are scary weapons indoors and simply blaming firearms for being dangerous is missing the point.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 10:11:44 pm »
I hope this Swedish thing is a wake-up call to Sweden that Far-Right thinking (the killer was a Fascist-wannabe bigot who targeted immigrants) is stupid. I know that country has been playing with those ideas, lately.

Why is there not a huge movement to counter those messages?! Surely Sweden's government isn't as corrupt and censor-happy....Surely there can be a bunch of TV shows, songs, kid's programming, etc. counteracting all that anti-immigrant, bigoted Far-Right rhetoric and telling the people that there's nothing to fear, immigrants enrich society and that not all Muslims are terrorists.

I don't understand. You have a country that's so Progressive and thrives due to that Progressivism! Why would anyone want any different?! Don't people understand that if they embrace Far-Right thinking their country can go down the sewer? The economy, quality of life, etc. will suffer! The Social Safety net and good jobs with benefits will suffer! These people should know better!

Someone should lace the water supply everywhere with minerals that can reduce an overactive amygdala. Too many people thinking with their amygdalas! Fear fear fear! People keep falling for the authoritarian's oldest tricks in the book! TURN OFF THE DAMNED TV A RADIO AND THINK RATIONALLY FOR A WHILE!

And we need to teach kids everywhere that bigotry is bad news!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 10:56:26 pm »
I hope this Swedish thing is a wake-up call to Sweden that Far-Right thinking (the killer was a Fascist-wannabe bigot who targeted immigrants) is stupid. I know that country has been playing with those ideas, lately.

Why is there not a huge movement to counter those messages?! Surely Sweden's government isn't as corrupt and censor-happy....Surely there can be a bunch of TV shows, songs, kid's programming, etc. counteracting all that anti-immigrant, bigoted Far-Right rhetoric and telling the people that there's nothing to fear, immigrants enrich society and that not all Muslims are terrorists.

I don't understand. You have a country that's so Progressive and thrives due to that Progressivism! Why would anyone want any different?! Don't people understand that if they embrace Far-Right thinking their country can go down the sewer? The economy, quality of life, etc. will suffer! The Social Safety net and good jobs with benefits will suffer! These people should know better!

That's exactly the problem.  Sweden's too progressive.  It's the rape capital of the West, and has the second highest rates of rape in the world.  Granted, there might be some statistical irregularities involved, as well as quirks of the Swedish legal system, so it's possible that these numbers are inflated.  Nevertheless, the number of rapes in Sweden has skyrocketed since 2005.

But it's not really the numbers that are making people upset.  It's who's perpetrating the crimes, and the government's response.  There aren't comprehensive statistics about the ethnic or national background of these rapists, but if they're anything like neighboring Denmark, the majority are from the Islamic World, or second-generation immigrants.  More important, these heinous criminals, if they get convicted at all, are usually given very light sentences.  You can call me a hardliner all you like, but I don't think community service is an adequate punishment for raping a 12-year-old girl!  And to think some people call Sweden "feminist"...

Honestly, Swedes have every right to be upset about this.  The fact that these people are able to leave for a foreign country, commit sex crimes there, and get off basically scot-free is utterly heinous.  I'm all for taking in the huddled masses, but felons ought to be sent back to their country of origin.  Hospitality works both ways.  If I let a hobo stay in my house and he tries to molest my kids, I'm completely within my rights to kick him out, if not call the cops on him.

Now, the problem is not with the immigrants themselves.  There are bad apples in every barrel.  Most Muslim immigrants are law-abiding citizens.  However, this so-called "reverse discrimination," as well as refusal to deport felonious immigrants, has unfortunately caused massive resentment against Sweden's Muslim population.  When immigrants are able to get a slap on the wrist for such heinous crimes, is it any wonder the Swedish far right is growing?

Before you say anything, I have sources.  I'm completely willing to show them upon request.

Someone should lace the water supply everywhere with minerals that can reduce an overactive amygdala. Too many people thinking with their amygdalas! Fear fear fear! People keep falling for the authoritarian's oldest tricks in the book! TURN OFF THE DAMNED TV A RADIO AND THINK RATIONALLY FOR A WHILE!

I'm not a chemist, but I think that might be dangerous.

And we need to teach kids everywhere that bigotry is bad news!

Agreed.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 02:12:49 am »
Askold, could you explain this to Paragon! You should have a better understanding than me.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 02:33:54 am »
The person who thinks drugging people into the correct political view is in any way a good idea has no business telling others to think rationally. Really now, this is almost as dumb as your magic murder spells idea.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:39:31 am by Art Vandelay »