Author Topic: The crazy stuff people say on the net  (Read 70369 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2016, 06:30:17 am »
You would think that this is a parody site like Onion or something: http://goodlifeawareness.com/experts-warn-gluten-found-in-meth-could-be-hazardous-to-your-health/

Particularly when they explain that Meth is otherwise safe but the Gluten in it is addictive and lethal. But there is no such warning and there are so goddamn many articles many of which don't seem to be parody. I'm not sure if it's pseudoscience site or if this particular one was a prank or what.

I checked a few random articles and they all seem legit, but they're also copy-pasted from elsewhere in the web (including the meth in gluten one, found here and tagged as satire). I think Good Life Awareness is an automatic aggregator that just searches the web for things that look like health-related articles and posts copies of them. Bots can't tell satire from real news, so they copied that one too.
I'd like my speed in my crack pipe gluten free please, and fair trade...

...and organic...

...cruelty-free...

...and artisanal, also local produce if you please.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2016, 10:18:09 am »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3yoead4sBTTPfr4noj7Ww

Enjoy.

My first thought was that the "Fascist" song is some kind of satire but looking at the other lyrics... Yeah, they are serious. Wow.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »
So I was watching a Vinesauce video about shitty mobile games, and there was one about a near-death experience and meeting Jesus.  The game begins with a quote from Hitler.  I went to Google Play to see if I could find reviews of it, and found the only one star review that had a reply from the creator.

That was horrifying. Absolutely terrifying. First off the game barely worked. It crashed every two seconds and forced me to skip dialogue. Second I feel the addition of quotes about Jesus from non religious people was a good idea. But why in the nine hells was there a Hitler quote in a game about Jesus?

I'm sorry about that! It was my first game so the quality can be improved. I think you were confused about the Hitler quote - the quotes in the extras section were just to show an unbiased view of how non-Christians view Jesus so that it can be shown that it wasn't just Christians that view his teaching as superior. Thank you!

I think it takes a special kind of thought process to a) twist a Hitler quote to make yourself morally superior by going "Hitler totally was an atheist, this quote is just him admitting to how great Jesus is!", and b) believe that Hitler thinking your religion is superior is the ringing endorsement your religion needs.  And the quote they used can basically be summarized as "even Jesus knew the Jews were evil".  If they already had other non-Christian quotes, throwing in Hitler was the absolute dumbest thing they could do. 

Of course, this is all assuming this game is genuine.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2016, 03:24:48 pm »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2016, 04:28:30 pm »
Well that's....a reaction.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2016, 04:31:16 pm »
The last time I saw someone get so angry over a pizza was when John Stewart got mad a Trump eating pizza in a way that is apparently not acceptable in New York.

...And those are the only two occasions that anyone got mad over pizza as far as I know.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2016, 04:47:30 pm »
We don't see the wooer in that picture anyway. How do you know they're a cishet guy?

p.s. I hope they get run over by a steamroller, too. It's a fitting response to such cruel and unusual punishment.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2016, 05:38:02 pm »
We don't see the wooer in that picture anyway. How do you know they're a cishet guy?

I really hope the person who wrote that on the pizza box is actually a lesbian transwoman.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2016, 05:57:33 pm »
The last time I saw someone get so angry over a pizza was when John Stewart got mad a Trump eating pizza in a way that is apparently not acceptable in New York.

...And those are the only two occasions that anyone got mad over pizza as far as I know.

To be fair, John Stewart is kind of a pizza snob.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Even Then

« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2016, 02:57:43 pm »
Yeah I call troll.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 03:52:06 am by Even Then »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2016, 01:57:30 am »
So an angry Man Going His Own Way dropped by a feminist blog I read the other day.  He has a certain way with words:

How come men never assign feminists to any human race.Only feminist can be so aggressive. So when you state men f.. d up relations between women and men so what is your point???They went with naked bodies on the streets protest against women’s oppression?haha. Every time Mgtow asks a feminist on date “do you consider yourself and independent woman”… she replies “Well,yes”….He replies”then you pair 50% as you want equality.lol.Yes.you feminists do follow own agenda only when suits you.You claim to be always opressed and not treated equally but when yoh gonto some bars and clubs its always “leadies night drinks half price” or any women’s health related problems have about 8x more support from government then men have. You want earn same money men earn but you prefer a coffee and shopping every weekend and less hours ag work complaining about “wage gap”.  Ok so how many of you are electricians,plumbers,car mechanics,protect own country from terrorists???YOU state tk be equal so go and show the effort chickens.Still women complain about being depressed and down wben men’s happienes go up.How long will you kidd yourself?? Ahh.I forgot its about feelkng factor..”I want to be treated like a princess and control sex life with my man dosing it carefully checking if he took rubbish bags out”. You claim to be independent but when it comes to moveing the house or changing a flatten tire you suddenly ask for men’s help??Haha…..wow. Using your male friends for tasks when you live as single parent not wanting anything from man?It must be double standard policy(quite popular in 3rd wave). Worry not,more and more men are going mgtow and they dk not need babysitting.And one more thing at the end.I am healthy,never been adopted not abused kn childchood, I do not have problems with errection and I am not sad. I have to mention that otherwise you start making comments by suspecting what could happened to me.Remember Mgtow is not a movent,its way of life.Feminism.became like religion.Feminist always state”everyone should be a feminist”,”If you are not feminist you are against us” Bezzzt thing feminist claim for equality for hoth genders whole name stands for “femine”….Do not tell me that I did not caught you on lie again.

Now he used the username smallestpenisever, so at first I thought he had to be a poe, but reading his screed I decided that our never adopted seeker of effort chickens and equality for Hoth genders who does not have problems with errection and is not sad! can't have faked incoherence of this caliber.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:01:43 am by Skybison »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2016, 08:37:32 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »
.........................................what?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2016, 08:58:12 pm »
So basically, white people are indeed a genetically enhanced, all around superior breed of human.

Well, alright. If you say so.