Author Topic: Cop poses as homeless person to ticket generous drivers  (Read 2717 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Cop poses as homeless person to ticket generous drivers
« on: June 12, 2016, 10:08:38 pm »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Cop poses as homeless person to ticket generous drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:13:19 pm »
http://usuncut.com/world/cop-homeless-ticket-driver/
What the hell is wrong with cops?
Ah revenue raising, because stopping real crime is hard!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 12:16:15 am »
Basically they believe themselves to be always in the right these days, and any civilian that criticizes them should shut up and know their place, namely, serving police officers.

By and large the recruitment process goes; "Are you a total psychopath?"

"Yes."

"Here's a badge, a gun, riot gear, an armored car. Go kill someone."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:30:38 am »
"Dane Rusk was on his way home from a trip to the mall in when he saw an elderly man standing on the corner with a sign asking for money..."

Wait, the cop had a sign directly and explicitly asking for money?  Isn't that entrapment?

Edit: "“The goal of this initiative was to direct traffic behaviour and to make people drive more safer...”

Drive "more safer"?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Can't you find a spokesmen who doesn't speak like a total idiot?  They're representing your department for cock sake.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:34:01 am by Katsuro »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 03:39:03 am »
What a bunch of fucking assholes.

I doubt the law even applies in this case. The man stopped, undid his seat belt to give money to somebody, and then put his belt back on when he left. He wasn't wearing a belt for 30 seconds and was stationary at the time. I would be taking this to court and the media. If nothing else it makes them earn their money since both officers have to testify unless the ticketing officer can swear that he saw the driver clearly with no seat belt.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 03:48:07 am »
If they wanted innocent people's money so bad they could've just robbed the drivers using civil forfeiture.  Would've been much simpler.  Don't have to ticket them or anything.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 05:27:33 am »
This happened in Canada. I would be surprised if they too had a civil forfeiture law that could be abused as easily as yours.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 05:32:33 am »
I don't know if Canada has similar "entrapment" laws either but that certainly does sound like a trap rather than a tactic that would make the roads safer.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 05:44:10 am »
This happened in Canada.

Oops, reading fail on my part :(  In my defense I'm tired due to illness but still rather embarrassing.

I would be surprised if they too had a civil forfeiture law that could be abused as easily as yours.

I'm from the UK, we don't have civil forfeiture.  At least not the same way that the US does (some property/assets can be seized/frozen if deemed to have been gained through crime or used in committing a crime but it seems to have much stricter controls and limitations and be less open to abuse than the US).

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 05:44:48 am »
Oops. Sorry.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 05:47:42 am »
Well I think most members here are American so the odds were on your side lol.  And I couldn't tell you where specific members are from so I don't expect anyone to remember where I'm from either.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 09:21:01 am »
I don't know if Canada has similar "entrapment" laws either but that certainly does sound like a trap rather than a tactic that would make the roads safer.

Even if that were the case, good luck arguing that in court.  If they actually show up, the state and the cops' union will throw every bit of weight behind the cop no matter what.

Again, and some folks wonder why fewer and fewer people trust the police, or how Ice-T could write something as "heinous" and "evil" as Cop Killer.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 09:24:31 am »
Well, seeing as Canada does pretty well in the lists of most/least corrupted countries I'm not going to go and assume automatically that they will let this pass. At least, not after the media attention. I'm sure we will see how it ends if/when this goes to court.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 12:18:27 pm »
Civil forfeiture is definitely a thing in Canada:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/civil-forfeiture-often-a-provincial-cash-grab-new-report-finds/article29072771/

Yay, now I can pretend like I knew that all along and that I didn't make a mistake at all in missing the fact the story was from Canada.