Author Topic: [removed]  (Read 6354 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
[removed]
« on: June 16, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »
[removed]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:24:15 pm by I am lizard »

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
Re: British politician dies after being stabbed by suspected neo-facist
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 01:59:50 am »
Fuck's sake.  The last thing we need is to start culturally appropriating Americans.  Keep your diseased nonsense to yourselves!

Also what's a neo-facist?

Does he look a bit like Keanu Reeves?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:08:40 am by TheContrarian »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Souriquois

• Apprentice
  • Laurentian Elite
    • Playing the Race Card
Re: British politician dies after being stabbed by suspected neo-fascist
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 02:36:31 pm »
I said like four days before this happened, that somebody was going to get killed, considering the rhetoric that flies around these days. Wasn't thinking in Britain specifically, but anywhere.
Let us overthrow the totems, break the taboos. Or better, let us consider them cancelled. Coldly, let us be intelligent. - Pierre Elliott Trudeau

If you're not uncomfortable, you're not growing - Thomas J. Watson

The best defense against bullshit is vigilance, so if you smell something say something - Jon Stewart

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 03:01:45 pm »
She's the first British MP to be murdered since the IRA assassinated Ian Gow in 1990.  I hope this doesn't mean terrorism is coming back to the UK.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 03:04:52 pm »
Apparently the moron screamed "Britain First" while he killed her.

Ironbite-safe to say it's back with a vengeance.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:20:49 pm »
Update:mThey found Nazi Paraphernalia in the fuckers home.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/17/jo-cox-suspect-thomas-mair-bought-gun-manuals-from-us-neo-nazis-group-claims?CMP=share_btn_tw

Ironic, considering Brits are always quick to remind any Germans in sight about World War II.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 07:02:40 pm »
Fuck's sake.  The last thing we need is to start culturally appropriating Americans.  Keep your diseased nonsense to yourselves!

Oh please, you guys have been  killing politicians you don't like since before the colonists told your king to shove his taxes up his arse.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 04:20:05 am »

Oh please, you guys have been  killing politicians you don't like since before the colonists told your king to shove his taxes up his arse.

Becoming US president gives you an approximately 10% chance of being assassinated.

Gun freedom ^_^

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 07:40:59 am »
Maybe if you Brits hadn't shown them it was okay to kill politicians the colonists wouldn't have taken up the habit.

Offline Souriquois

• Apprentice
  • Laurentian Elite
    • Playing the Race Card
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »
Maybe if you Brits hadn't shown them it was okay to kill politicians the colonists wouldn't have taken up the habit.

The Canadian way is better...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOXfbtWPZjw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOXfbtWPZjw</a>
Let us overthrow the totems, break the taboos. Or better, let us consider them cancelled. Coldly, let us be intelligent. - Pierre Elliott Trudeau

If you're not uncomfortable, you're not growing - Thomas J. Watson

The best defense against bullshit is vigilance, so if you smell something say something - Jon Stewart

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 01:50:38 pm »
I have to point out that most of the US presidents who got assassinated didn't have proper bodyguards. Only at some point the US government realized that maybe the president is worth protecting but then they just decided that whichever agency happened to be the closest gets the job. Therefore the folks who had the job of finding counterfeit money became bodyguards for the president.

...And several decades and assassinations later (soon after JFK's death in fact) people actually realized that handing the bodyguards some firepower also might be useful. Up to that they had snub-nosed .38s and that's about it.

And now that the presidents are under the guard of men and women with assault rifles, smgs, and high-powered pistols they have had much higher odds of survival.

Meanwhile in Britain despite having more firepower than the average city in UK the security detail are unable to stop one dude with a knife.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 05:44:13 pm »
Meanwhile in Britain despite having more firepower than the average city in UK the security detail are unable to stop one dude with a knife.

She was, in fact, shot--three times, according to one witness.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 09:39:10 pm »

Wait what? Then why do all the articles only mention stabbing in the title?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 09:43:43 pm »
News is imperfect. I'd bet a nice bit of coin that this nationalist was motivated to some degree by the upcoming Brexit referendum (it has a lot of support among nationalists and conservatives over there), but that's being given short-shrift.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 09:45:25 pm »

Wait what? Then why do all the articles only mention stabbing in the title?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jo-cox-uk-lawmaker-attacked-1.3638278

Headline: "British MP Jo Cox dies after being shot"
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.