Author Topic: Russian Voting Fraud  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Russian Voting Fraud
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:30:12 am »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37403673

Russian government promised a fair election and as proof they placed webcameras at voting stations. Apparently they forgot to tell their staff because the officials have been caught committing voting fraud on camera.

Sadly there may not be any consequences because the authorities are the ones cheating and the people fighting for transparency don't really have any power other than trying to spread the news of these incidents in Russian social media and perhaps getting the story to global news.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Russian Voting Fraud
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 09:38:36 am »
Oh, come on, Russia!  Everyone fucking knows your democracy is a sham to begin with, why are you even trying to say otherwise?  That's like Kim Jong-Un eating a cheeseburger and using it as a sign that there's no famine in North Korea.  Literally nobody buys it for a second.  Putin, just be out with it, already: you're the reincarnation of Stalin without the commanding mustache.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 03:26:13 pm »
Oh wooooow.  How did they think this was gonna end?

Ironbite-Putin just doesn't care anymore.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:27:46 pm »
So I take it Russia doesn't have term limits?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 05:25:33 pm »
I think they had one for the president but Putin got rid of it.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »
So the Russian President can just outright do that?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 06:52:57 pm »
It seems I remembered wrong. The Russian constitution allows unlimited terms but only two consecutive ones. I thought Putin and Medvedev had changed the rules back when Putin had to step down and become the prime minister.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 08:39:16 pm »
It seems I remembered wrong. The Russian constitution allows unlimited terms but only two consecutive ones. I thought Putin and Medvedev had changed the rules back when Putin had to step down and become the prime minister.

Yeah, I remember that. Putin couldn't serve more than two terms consecutively as President and so "settled" for being Prime Minister for a term. As soon as the next Presidential election rolled around... guess who's back as President!

There was also a joke from back then:

Medvedev is about to give a speech, when an aide notices a loose string on his jacket.

"Mr. President, let me get that string for you," the aide says, and reaches for it.

Putin puts his hand on the aide's arm before he can get the string, however, and says, "Leave it there; we might need it later."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.