Author Topic: "So Bad Its Good" Films  (Read 2061 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
"So Bad Its Good" Films
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:57:04 am »
Does anyone here like a movie that is so bad, it swings around to good? Or is just so blatantly B Movie that its hilarious?

Me personally, A Talking Cat!?! was summed up nicely as "The Room" of talking animal movies. And rightly. That was the single most bizarre film I ever saw, and I get the feeling some of the parts I laughed at were not intended to be comical.

My sister also seemed to like that scene in the swimming pool.

Apparently the director, DeCoteau, makes these kinds of movies a lot.

I am also partial to Osambie, aka, the hilarious zombie movie with Zombie Bin Laden.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: "So Bad Its Good" Films
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:52:59 am »
Poultrygeist. It's a Troma production so it's revels in its B-movie nature and the self-awareness makes the script ingenious. It is also an example of how to be hilariously non-PC while not being seriously insulting towards the targets. An example:
(click to show/hide)

A real so bad it's good movie: Samurai Cop. An eighties action flick where not only the acting and script but also the post-production is so bad that it's hilarious.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 03:16:35 am »
Shame on you, SCarpelan! I almost woke up my step siblings laughing that hard at the spoilered content...

Apparently there is an Osambie 2, wherein Osama vows that "As long as there is Terrorism, I will return!!"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »
Just... please make a full movie out of this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLbT5lTr8Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbLbT5lTr8Q</a>

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 08:38:26 pm »
Clearly none of you have seen the majesty, the greatness of The Amazing Bulk. Behold Peons!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaR-Lq_ayk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaR-Lq_ayk</a>

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
Does Commando count?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 01:27:22 pm »
No, Commando is clearly a great movie. Nothing bad about it. Not the one-liners, not the accidental(?) homosexual undertones, not the over the top machismo. Just an all around great American film.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 01:09:51 pm »
Dark Dungeons feels like it was deliberately this, so I'm not sure it counts.

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie works, though, for sure.

Wild Wild West is one I HAVE to re-watch every time it's on cable, because OMG steampunk action sequences.  Also, the fact that Will Smith is the male lead (which does not reflect the original TV show) irked my dad, so that's always fun.  Plus, Will Smith.  Plus, STEAMPUNK ACTION SEQUENCES OMFG.

Vampires: Los Muertos is another good example.  Bon Jovi is a vampire hunter and a surfer, because of course vampires are all out on the beach enjoying sick waves.  There's the note from the kid's mother.  The anti-vampire pills.  You guys, this movie has ANTI-VAMPIRE PILLS IN IT.  Why am I not re-watchign this right now, is what I'm saying.

"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!