Author Topic: Continuing BREXIT fallout  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Continuing BREXIT fallout
« on: October 18, 2016, 11:53:42 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-councillor-demands-a-treason-charge-for-anyone-supporting-eu-membership-a7365916.html

I was going to post about this, one of the pro-BREXIT campaign designers wanted to change the laws in Britain so that promoting UK joining EU or in any way liking such an outcome would be considered treason...

That story is now unfortunately a bit old as his party realized that being so quick to make Orwellian thought crime laws would be bad PR and they apparently (?) suspended him.

Earlier the UKIP were debating over which one of them becomes the new leader for the party. They were "debating" so hard that one of them ended up in hospital with a head injury. (Obviously he at first tried to just stay at home until he gets better so that he could avoid having the press hear about this but after collapsing he had to be taken to hospital.)

...And as I went to get a link to a story about that I see that this little incident has also escalated. He quit the party and is blaming everyone and claiming that the party is in a "death spiral." ...Which may in fact be true.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1994853/steven-woolfe-quits-ungovernable-ukip-after-punch-up-claims/

The next few months are going to be exciting. Elections in USA will end with armed insurrection by dissappointed Trump fans (or with Trump as the president which is even more destructive) Syrian conflict continues... China is conquering a sea and Philippines, one of USA's allies is siding with China. Partially because of what kind of dictator their president is and partially because they fear that with Trump as the next president they will be abandoned like Trump said he would do and are settling for being China's lackeys rather than getting their ass kicked completely. And Russia is running out of money in 2017 unless they start a war OR make the other countries end all embargoes and sanctions against them and improve their diplomatic ties to their neighbours.

...Interesting times are ahead.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

Re: Continuing BREXIT fallout
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 12:03:24 pm »