Community > Science and Technology

Seven Earth-Sized Planets Found

(1/2) > >>

Lana Reverse:
https://www.researchgate.net/blog/post/system-of-seven-earth-like-planets-could-support-life

What's really amazing to me is that these Earth-sized worlds are so close to each other, and three of them are in the habitable zone. If life exists on even one of those planets, their sky must have one hell of an amazing view.

Tolpuddle Martyr:
The Google Doodle about the discovery was kind of cute.

fancy_kitten:
So what do you think guys?  Is there a chance one of them has life?  I learned about the Miller-Urey experiments recently and the impression that I got was that early-Earth conditions could have produced basic amino acids, which given enough time could have formed early DNA.  If any of these planets existed in the habitable zone and with water for long enough, who knows what they could hold?

niam2023:
If they have life, we as humans know what we must do.

Take adolescents, turn them into towering supersoldiers, put them in various colors of armor (the boring, by the books ones get blue, the psychotically secretive ones get green), and then send them to war to conquer these new planets.

Askold:
When NASA announced that they had major discovery that they are going to announce the UFO circles were excited as they hoped NASA would finally reveal that aliens are real. They were a bit disappointed when NASA said "it's not aliens" on their Twitter after they noticed the rumours.

Still extremely exiting discovery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version