Community > Politics and Government

Redneck revolt

(1/8) > >>

Askold:
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/guns-are-fine-racism-is-not-armed-redneck-lefties-are-waging-a-different-kind-of-war-on-fascism/

Rednecks with guns, yes but these guys are mainly leftists and oppose racism.

--- Quote ---“People need to be able to defend themselves. [We] live in a country in the world where people of color and LGBTQ people are routinely victimized and systematically victimized by the people who claim to be there for their defense,” a Pittsburgh, PA Redneck Revolt organizer named Shaun told Shadowproof. We provide free basic firearms training to pretty much everyone who needs it. We focus on trying to provide [self-defense training] when asked for [by] communities of color and LGBTQ folks.”
--- End quote ---

Interesting. I was kinda expecting news like this as guns are so common in USA that it was unlikely that only Right-wingers have them.

It's also interesting to see if NRA turns on these guys and GOP suddenly starts to promote gun control as a way to disarm leftists and minorities...

niam2023:
It seems I was incorrect about rednecks.

Tolpuddle Martyr:
So, kind of a white black panthers?

Yeah, there was a punk rock subculture a while ago calling themselves "rednecks" which is different to the racist kind with some links to the psychobillies. I think some of the Redneck Revolt guys have also been involved in anti racist skinhead movements like RASH and SHARP.

Cloud3514:
Considering that I've seen a left wing Youtuber calling himself "The Liberal Red Neck" using his platform to argue for left wing causes with a deep south accent and enjoying trucks and hunting, this doesn't surprise me all that much.

Tolpuddle Martyr:
Some of the pictures of the old Young Patriot Party on the Redneck Revolt website are pretty incredible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version