Community > Science and Technology

What have you done, Australia?

(1/3) > >>

dpareja:
http://www.newsweek.com/australia-flesh-eating-sea-fleas-attack-teens-legs-while-swimming-647238

A teenage boy had his feet and shins bitten while in the water at an Australian beach, so much so that he was bleeding out profusely.

His attackers were eventually identified as a form of sea lice, which normally do not attack humans to this extent, but a sample in seawater taken from the same area were seen to devour pieces of steak.

Normally, sea lice consume dead or decaying flesh, not live flesh.

So... was it just that the boy stood in one place too long, or has evolution (and Australia) struck again (or both)?

Askold:
...Once again I am glad to be on the other side of the planet from that place.

"Finland, when you really want to get away from Australia but can't afford a trip to another solar system."

The_Queen:
Hey, Australia is cool now, unlike those freedom hating Canadians.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: The_Queen on August 08, 2017, 07:02:40 pm ---Hey, Australia is cool now, unlike those freedom hating Canadians.

--- End quote ---

Don't forget that Australia also gave us Ken Ham. (Incidentally, maybe we should throw him in there; evolution isn't real, so it shouldn't be a problem for him, right?)

And I'd rather be a freedom-hating Canadian (true, half the Charter can be set aside if a legislature wishes) than a democracy-hating USAmerican.

Askold:
Evacuate the hot Australians and let the animals have the island.

I might make an exception for the platypi but I think those biologially improbable creeps are up to something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version