Community > Religion and Philosophy

Catholic Archbishop refuses to report kiddie fiddling priests

(1/2) > >>

Tolpuddle Martyr:
The Australia Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne, Denis Hart justified not dobbing in kiddie fiddling padres to the coppers by invoking the sanctity of confession and saying...

--- Quote ---...sexual abuse was “a spiritual encounter with God through the priest” and was “of a higher order” than criminal law.
--- End quote ---

Here's the old bastard justifying his non reporting if you have intestinal fortitude to sit through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TrGcOZ-n0

Correction: He didn't say that pedophilia was an encounter with God, he did however justify not reporting child molesting priests under the sactity of confession. Title amended to reflect this.

Kanzenkankaku:
I'm pretty sure the bible has a bunch of stuff in it about how hurting kids will get you sent to hell/should be worth the death penalty.

I don't know which passages say this off the top of my head, but I do distinctly recall it. Might have something to do with millstones around peoples necks too iirc.

Lana Reverse:
And yet the Vatican still thinks it has the right to determine sexual morals.

RavynousHunter:

--- Quote from: Lana Reverse on March 14, 2018, 10:55:23 am ---And yet the Vatican still thinks it has the right to determine sexual morals.

--- End quote ---

Fixed that for ya.

SomeApe:

--- Quote from: Kanzenkankaku on March 14, 2018, 04:24:28 am ---I'm pretty sure the bible has a bunch of stuff in it about how hurting kids will get you sent to hell/should be worth the death penalty.

--- End quote ---

Au contraire.
Check out Psalm 137:9.
Or any of the genocides in the OT. Children never get spared, except they are virgin girls, and you can imagine why...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version