Author Topic: How do we save FQA  (Read 23203 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: How do we save FQA
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 08:27:18 am »
I would like to change the party to random sex. Spend the budget on condoms, lube and amyl.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 05:06:12 pm »
I'm not trying to be a dick about the whole thing. I just think that, given the current state of the forum, virtually no one will want to shell out that kind of money to meet up with a few strangers. There are plenty of people here who live outside the US, and the pain of traveling overseas doesn't make this any easier.

I'm sorry, the tone of my last response to you was kind if accusatory.  Okay, so how about this, instead of starting off with something as big as I suggested we try something smaller and work our way up?  Like, maybe a small meetup-ish thing at someone's house or something.  If anyone's interested, my whole family is going on vacation in a few weeks so my house will be available.  Located in beautiful Cincinnati Ohio, my house has a flatscreen TV and a Playstation 3 with some games.  There are some good restuarants nearby too.  Beer and food will be provided but weed, unfortunately, will not.  I can try to help pay for you to get here if you want. 

If this works out, maybe we can try something more similar to what I was hoping for?

I would like to change the party to random sex. Spend the budget on condoms, lube and amyl.

Sounds disgusting.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 08:32:11 pm »
*faceclaws*

Ironbite-someone wanna tell fancy why this won't work out?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »
Since everyone is pussyfooting (hah) around the newbie, I'm going to be blunt: there's not going to be an FQA meetup. Ever. Regardless of where it is or how much weed/beer/titties you bring. No one here cares enough to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars to sit awkwardly next to someone who talks to them on the internet, especially when we can talk to each other through the internet without even having to wear pants.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »
Since everyone is pussyfooting (hah) around the newbie, I'm going to be blunt: there's not going to be an FQA meetup. Ever. Regardless of where it is or how much weed/beer/titties you bring. No one here cares enough to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars to sit awkwardly next to someone who talks to them on the internet, especially when we can talk to each other through the internet without even having to wear pants.

Ugh fine, maybe it wasn't such a good idea.  I'm sorry, I mean really sorry to say this but the number of times that people have pointed out how awkward it would be is starting to make this community seem downright misanthropic.  Like what the heck, I thought I hated being around people, but even I can tolerate being in a big group of strangers if I'm intoxicated enough.  I still think the part where some of you come over to my house would be cool, I'm sure if Sigmamalph came over to my house he'd agree with all my ideas.  If nobody else wants to fund it though, that's fine.  I have money problems too and I understand if it isn't feasible.

Okay new plan, I set up a kickstarter which will be in no way connected with this site unless I get permission.  The point of this kickstarter will be to buy me a small home somewhere in the central U.S. that is shaped like one of those things you buy for cats to climb on, and enough food to last me for a while.  I will spend my own funds in order to cosplay the cute kitten you see in my avatar, and the "pet Fancy Kitten for the low price of $5" exhibit will be born, where people will pay money to come pet me while dressed like a cat.  I will use the money to help advertise this site, and I will use my new celebrity status to help bring publicity to it.  Does that sounds like a better idea?!?!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 09:47:18 pm »
.....no that sounds like a terrible idea and you should probably just stop.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 10:12:20 pm »
I'm sorry, that was mostly supposed to be humorous.  The second thing, I mean.  On a more serious note, maybe we could look at why some of the people who aren't here anymore left?  I never really posted here much myself, but I remember liking Smurfette Principal, Sour Grapes, Ranger Joe and Agni.  Where did they go?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 10:23:27 pm »

To be fair, I've had lots of fun in meetups with people I knew from the Internet. Of course, those involved spending $1.75 to get to another part of the city rather than several thousand to go to another country.
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 10:26:04 pm »
I'm sorry, that was mostly supposed to be humorous.  The second thing, I mean.  On a more serious note, maybe we could look at why some of the people who aren't here anymore left?  I never really posted here much myself, but I remember liking Smurfette Principal, Sour Grapes, Ranger Joe and Agni.  Where did they go?

Smurfette got fed up with our bullshit, Sour Grapes fell off the face of the earth with Ranger Joe and Agni....

Ironbite-didn't Agni/Chagen get banned?

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2014, 11:35:43 pm »
I see, that's a shame.  There's no real chance of getting them back then, I guess.  I'm at least glad Ranger Joe left of his own accord, I remember hearing that he'd had some financial problems at some point. 

Anyway, if anyone cares about my opinion, one of the main reasons I left the original board was because Ath--sm "Exposed" (I'm not going to use his full name lest he Google himself and show up again) came along and started derariling topics.  And, as with every obvious troll, people fell for it hook line and sinker and responded to him, thereby giving him more ammo and baiting him into coming back.  I totally get the dedication to free speech thing and support it, but all he did was make annoying, passive aggressive insults, fail hard sounding Affably Evil, and just generally derailed topics and acted like a total ignoramus without contributing anything to speak of.  I hereby propose that we sh-tcan people like Ath--sm "Exposed" in the future.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:19 am »
I'm not sure why you're surprised that this won't work out, and yet continue to insult us. You keep ignoring that:

1. People typically don't have enough money or time to do this.

2. People would have to travel a loooong way, often overseas.

3. This whole thing is being set up by a newbie who, as mentioned above, repeatedly insults us.

4. It makes far more sense to meet people here individually if you want to (which I've done twice, like I said).

5. Not everyone wants to be around strangers.

6. Not everyone wants to/is able to drink, or be around people who have gotten shitfaced.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2014, 09:38:06 am »
And Sleepy knocks it out of the ballpark. Listen kitten, I know you've got a FANTASTIC idea and you're SUPER EXCITED about it, but it's not going to work.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2014, 10:33:44 am »
Kitten, we all had quite a bit of fun with Atheism Exposed, as he was just a big, juicy, squeaky-stupid chew toy. Obvious trolls are just a source of temporary entertainment around here. They do get banned pretty quickly, but please don't mistake our weakness (chew toys) for kindness.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »
They do get banned pretty quickly

I never understood that. Why not keep the fun ones around like most forums do?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2014, 01:47:06 pm »
They get really aggressive and stupid.  Really its better to nip them in the bud then deal with their shit.

Ironbite-how you escaped the culling is beyond me though