Author Topic: Littlest Pet Shop  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Littlest Pet Shop
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:37:57 am »
Okay, so I swore I would watch this show.  Today's Sunday so I woke up and saw it was on at 10:00.  I just got through the first episode.  I'll admit that the show is charming.  Then again, I'm really chill when it comes to cartoons and will find enjoyment in them pretty easily.

So this thread is for the show.  Discuss, everyone!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Southern Comforter

• Bishop
Re: Littlest Pet Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:02 am »
My sisters used to be obsessed with that Littlest Pet Shop stuff. Same thing with My Little Pony. I swear, it's like Hub exists only to please my sisters. I wonder if there's anything else they obsessed over that Hub will be making a show of.

Sadly, I'm trying to get one of them into more anime so that they're not exposed to too much American crap and don't wind up being picked on in school. Yes, it's gotten to a point where watching anime makes you more socially acceptable than watching American cartoons.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:06:54 pm »
I've heard some good things so I might have to start watching this show too. That and Gravity Falls, still haven't seen that yet.

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 12:11:13 pm »
My sisters used to be obsessed with that Littlest Pet Shop stuff. Same thing with My Little Pony. I swear, it's like Hub exists only to please my sisters. I wonder if there's anything else they obsessed over that Hub will be making a show of.

Sadly, I'm trying to get one of them into more anime so that they're not exposed to too much American crap and don't wind up being picked on in school. Yes, it's gotten to a point where watching anime makes you more socially acceptable than watching American cartoons.

Haha.  I've got nothing against Anime, but "American Crap?"  That's a bit snooty sounding, to be honest.  Don't get trapped in the Animation Age Ghetto.  Besides, DHX Studios is in Vancouver, Canada.  That means that the shows are technically Canadian, and not American.

Anyway, you know that The Hub has brought back The Animaniacs?  I'm fairly certain it's syndication, but that doesn't make it any less awesome.

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:37:29 pm »

Haha.  I've got nothing against Anime, but "American Crap?"  That's a bit snooty sounding, to be honest.  Don't get trapped in the Animation Age Ghetto.  Besides, DHX Studios is in Vancouver, Canada.  That means that the shows are technically Canadian, and not American.

Anyway, you know that The Hub has brought back The Animaniacs?  I'm fairly certain it's syndication, but that doesn't make it any less awesome.
Yeah, I know. Just messing around is all. :p Although my sister watches Jojo's Bizarre Adventure with me and my brother, and I think that's the coolest thing ever. In all honesty, I don't really care where my cartoons come from. Although I'm still not a huge fan of MLP, to be honest.

And yeah, I heard about that. I didn't watch it that much as a kid for some reason. I never knew when it was on or what channel it would show on. Maybe now I can watch it and see what all the hullabaloo is about.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:56 pm »
Personally, I'm not very interested in the show for some reason.  Rusty loves it, though, and I'm happy that he does :)

I've heard that it's to Littlest Pet Shop what FiM is to MLP, and that's fine.  I just never had any interest in Littlest Pet Shop in the first place >_>; whereas MLP is something I actually have history with, so it works.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:46 pm »

Well Canada is still in the Americas  ::).

I can't watch that show, the long legs, tiny bodies and huge eyes on the already huge head creep me out.

Has anyone seen the LPS show that ran in the 90s?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »
Personally, I'm not very interested in the show for some reason. Rusty loves it, though, and I'm happy that he does :)

I've heard that it's to Littlest Pet Shop what FiM is to MLP, and that's fine.  I just never had any interest in Littlest Pet Shop in the first place >_>; whereas MLP is something I actually have history with, so it works.

Ha.  Hahahaha!

The porcupine is named Russell/Rusty.  ;D

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 06:38:27 pm »

Yeah, I know. Just messing around is all. :p Although my sister watches Jojo's Bizarre Adventure with me and my brother, and I think that's the coolest thing ever. In all honesty, I don't really care where my cartoons come from. Although I'm still not a huge fan of MLP, to be honest.

And yeah, I heard about that. I didn't watch it that much as a kid for some reason. I never knew when it was on or what channel it would show on. Maybe now I can watch it and see what all the hullabaloo is about.

Was about to bring down the hammer about anime (Pretty much if it isn't older or Studio Gibili(Sic?), it's not my thing), but heh, just messing around is cool.

Still haven't really seen it myself, I mean MLP struggled to capture my interest. I mean, it's definitely not Adventure Time, Regular Show, or Gravity Falls to me.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 07:18:04 pm »
Still haven't really seen it myself, I mean MLP struggled to capture my interest. I mean, it's definitely not Adventure Time, Regular Show, or Gravity Falls to me.
I saw a few episodes of MLP. It wasn't my thing, personally. I don't get what people find so appealing about it outside of Spike and that little alligator thing. Adventure Time and Regular Show are the best two shows in the existence of television. I saw a bit of an episode of Gravity Falls with my sisters once, and it looked pretty meh. I giggled an awful lot, though.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 07:44:22 pm »
I dunno, I find Regular Show to be pretty ... stupid at times.  Like, "trying too hard to be the next Beavis and Butthead" stupid.

And I don't like Beavis and Butthead either.

Adventure Time's funny, though.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 08:04:33 pm »
you know what they say about taste.  It's all relative. :P

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 09:24:03 pm »
you know what they say about taste.  It's all relative. :P

Relatives taste like chicken.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 10:02:56 pm »
It really doesn't look like my thing, though I had a shit ton of the toys when I was younger. That being said, I fucking love MLP:FIM. Adventure Time and Regular Show are pretty cool(though I prefer Regular Show to Adventure Time), and another cartoon I like is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These are most of what I watch on TV nowadays(funny, I'm 30, and 85% of the stuff I watch on TV are cartoons), the other stuff being stuff like Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:07:02 pm by Empress Nicki »

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 10:19:23 pm »
It really doesn't look like my thing, though I had a shit ton of the toys when I was younger. That being said, I fucking love MLP:FIM. Adventure Time and Regular Show are pretty cool(though I prefer Regular Show to Adventure Time), and another cartoon I like is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These are most of what I watch on TV nowadays(funny, I'm 30, and 85% of the stuff I watch on TV are cartoons), the other stuff being stuff like Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones.

You like Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  Holy shit.  I never would've pegged you as a fan of that show. ::) :P