Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1091488 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #465 on: May 19, 2012, 03:07:27 am »
How quaint, an honest racist.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #466 on: May 19, 2012, 04:26:35 am »
I think he' wearing that to be sarcastic about the whole "tea party's racist bit," at least I hope he is.

Of course, just because he's wearing it to be sarcastic doesn't mean he's not a racist...

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #467 on: May 19, 2012, 05:37:14 am »
Oh, but 75 calories of plant fats are less fatty than 75 calories of animal fats.  Just like a pound of feathers is less than a pound of lead!

Well, actually... just to play devil's advocate over here...
Plant-based fats in their natural forms DO tend to be better for you than animal-based fats because of their type (saturation).  Plants don't produce saturated fats or cholesterol.  Unsaturated fats are unstable and remain liquid at room temperature - unlike saturated or hydrogenated fats, which solidify (like butter or lard), and your body doesn't store it as easily or quickly as it does saturated animal fats.

So in a sense plant fats AREN'T as fatty as animal fats.

That said, hydrogenated margarine is an altered fat that's been force-fed hydrogen to stabilize it, and it's just as bad for you as animal fat.  Although there's a non-hydrogenated olive oil margarine that I do like.

Hydrogenated fats are actually worse for you than animal fats, because hydrogenation forms trans fats.  They don't normally exist in nature(enzymes that produce unsaturated fats form cis fats), the body isn't prepared to deal with them, which is why they cause so many health problems.  Anything that contains hydrogenated fats has trans fats, even if it says 0g, because the labeling requirements allow less than 0.5g/serving to be rounded down to zero.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #468 on: May 19, 2012, 11:06:50 am »
I think he' wearing that to be sarcastic about the whole "tea party's racist bit," at least I hope he is.

Actually, I think there are a lot of folks that try to do the whole “Own the insult” thing when they get called on their racism. Of course, that just makes them a bigger-than-ever asshole.
-A Pen Name

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #469 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:26 pm »
I don't think "racist" is something one can "own," but maybe that's just me.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #470 on: May 19, 2012, 02:11:43 pm »

I don't know, I've seen people try to pull "well if (insert racist thing restated as though it is reasonable) makes you a racist, then I'm a racist!"
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #471 on: May 19, 2012, 03:47:46 pm »
Frankly, I'm glad they label themselves as racist instead of pulling the "I'm not racist, but [insert racism]" canard.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #472 on: May 19, 2012, 07:52:34 pm »
Frankly, I'm glad they label themselves as racist instead of pulling the "I'm not racist, but [insert racism]" canard.

The “I’m not racist, but…” folks are generally the fucktastically clueless ones. There are plenty of different forms of racist personality.
-A Pen Name

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #473 on: May 19, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »
At least they're not pretending to have a justification for their absurd, evil lies.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #474 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:29 pm »
At least they're not pretending to have a justification for their absurd, evil lies.

Well, the truly clueless ones—the ones whose sum total of Delusion and Cognitive Dissonance when stacked end to end would dwarf Mt. Everest—aren’t really pretending per se. They truly believe they are not racist and are surprised when their views cause negative reaction.

Now, neither of the types of racists that have been covered here are very pleasant. They fall into the “Can’t Fix Stupid” category. Can’t do much but practice meditation to control your blood pressure when you are around them.

I think when it comes to racism, it is best to deal with the ones that are not so much clueless as simply plagued by garden-variety ignorance. Such folks can, with a bit of effort, be corrected. They are the folks that you can actually make progress with.
-A Pen Name

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #475 on: May 19, 2012, 11:52:22 pm »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #476 on: May 19, 2012, 11:56:44 pm »

They may be trying to trivialize the word, so when someone is called a racist it won't seem bad. Which might work, considering how PC is feared this day.

But the sign "Tea Party Fox News" screams poe at me.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #477 on: May 20, 2012, 12:30:40 am »

man so many fucking contradictions on that car and please people stop putting so many fucking stickers on your back windshield you're gonna kill somepony

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #478 on: May 20, 2012, 12:39:00 am »
Would that make the pilgrims criminals?

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #479 on: May 20, 2012, 12:42:36 am »
Funny how it's "I am a good Christian!",  and "Fuck brown people and the poor!" all at the same time. I'm so sure Jesus Christ, the poor brown guy, would have agreed.  ::)
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)