Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090747 times)

Saturn500

Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2012, 09:50:09 pm »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2012, 10:08:12 pm »
It states that LGBT is suppressed by the Christian religion but goes on to say that the Christian religion is no threat to it. Persecution complex is not fond of consistency, is it?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2012, 10:24:12 pm »
It states that LGBT is suppressed by the Christian religion but goes on to say that the Christian religion is no threat to it. Persecution complex is not fond of consistency, is it?
Fundie logic easy LGBT supression is not a threat since to Christians the supression is good.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2012, 10:25:00 pm »
But only when it's them doing the surpressing.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2012, 11:05:17 pm »

I was about to point out that the idea that the queer community is intolerant of other religions because of our oppression is a non-sequitur. Just because Group A oppresses Group B does not mean Group B is intolerant of Group A. If anything, British colonialism has shown us that to an extent oppressed peoples begin to acclimate themselves to the values of the dominant group.

I also just realized, it says the queer community has been suppressed by all religions, but then says Christianity poses no threat to the others (a blatant lie on the latter part, but even if that were true his logic only works because of the vagueness of "suppressed." Otherwise, its very contradictory).

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2012, 11:08:07 pm »

I was about to point out that the idea that the queer community is intolerant of other religions because of our oppression is a non-sequitur. Just because Group A oppresses Group B does not mean Group B is intolerant of Group A. If anything, British colonialism has shown us that to an extent oppressed peoples begin to acclimate themselves to the values of the dominant group.

I also just realized, it says the queer community has been suppressed by all religions, but then says Christianity poses no threat to the others (a blatant lie on the latter part, but even if that were true his logic only works because of the vagueness of "suppressed." Otherwise, its very contradictory).
Depends on the british colony.  I mean compare Pakistan to India

QueenofHearts

« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2012, 11:15:00 pm »

Very true, which is why I said "to an extent." Oppression of peoples can operate in many different ways. I also think the oppression of the queer community fits into both camps. On the one hand we're told to "accept straight lifestyles" and stay in the closet, while those who do come out do so at the risk of their physical and mental health.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2012, 11:23:46 pm »

Very true, which is why I said "to an extent." Oppression of peoples can operate in many different ways. I also think the oppression of the queer community fits into both camps. On the one hand we're told to "accept straight lifestyles" and stay in the closet, while those who do come out do so at the risk of their physical and mental health.
I would point out that many north african communities are tolerant (Morocco in particular) and that is French.  It depends on a variety of circumstances one reason might be tourisim (few Pakistan tourism plenty of Indian and Morocan tourism

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #548 on: May 28, 2012, 12:06:37 am »

The false premise is heavy with this one.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #549 on: May 28, 2012, 04:17:08 am »
Number of Taoists: 400 million

Number of Jews: 19 million

Oops.

And why the hell would nuclear weapon protesters pacifists support Islam over Judaism? And why is the sticker against Xianity and not the others, sine they are all listed?

Jeez, what a dumbass.

EDIT: Going to complete the round of bigotry.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:24:43 am by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #550 on: May 28, 2012, 09:22:44 am »
And why the hell would nuclear weapon protesters pacifists support Islam over Judaism?

I think it may have something to do with over-identification of Islam with Palestine ad Judaism with Israel in regards to that particular conflict.
-A Pen Name

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #551 on: May 28, 2012, 11:43:17 am »
And why the hell would nuclear weapon protesters pacifists support Islam over Judaism?

I think it may have something to do with over-identification of Islam with Palestine ad Judaism with Israel in regards to that particular conflict.

And this is something I really hate about many groups of people - assuming everyone sees the world in the same terms that they do. For example, many Christian fundamentalists see the world as a conflict between G-d and Satan, between good and evil. Anyone who opposes individual Christian aims, such as supporting gay marriage, believing in evolution, or tolerating Islam, must be a knowing servant of evil. Racists similarly assume that everyone else thinks in racial terms.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #552 on: May 28, 2012, 06:43:55 pm »

To add: essentially, the poster is saying the IDF should be allowed to torpedo as many Aid Flotillas as it likes, because they're just Muslims. Or fire rockets at hospitals, or murder children or whatever.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #553 on: May 28, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »

And this is something I really hate about many groups of people - assuming everyone sees the world in the same terms that they do. For example, many Christian fundamentalists see the world as a conflict between G-d and Satan, between good and evil. Anyone who opposes individual Christian aims, such as supporting gay marriage, believing in evolution, or tolerating Islam, must be a knowing servant of evil. Racists similarly assume that everyone else thinks in racial terms.

Yeah, according to those guys, whenever I see a straight person I look for ways to seduce them and bring them into the queer lifestyle because I actually serve Satan and want him to win, because I do it for the evulz. And when I get my right to marry who I love, I'm going to hold all the Christians hostage at gunpoint and force them to watch us kiss and make out, and then I'll force them to worship our unholy union... actually, they'd probably just enjoy that. Oh, and apparently I'm also scheming to destroy the goyim, and my denial only makes it more true because we Jews are all trained from birth to lie, after all. Anyway, I'll be rejoicing once the Son of God is forced to suck the greasy cock of the Dark Lord, while I and his other faithful followers cavort in victory.

I think fundamentalism like that is partially due to a basic misunderstanding of how people actually think. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of homophobes simply don't know many openly queer people, or if a lot of racists simply didn't know many blacks/Jews/Hispanics/etc.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #554 on: May 28, 2012, 07:32:42 pm »
Because having a baby you can't afford and being impoverished for at least the next decade is a MUCH better option, isn't it?

At least two decades. You are (legally) responsible for the first 18 years. Add the prior 5-9 months with doctors visits, furniture and such, hospital expenses, dietary changes. So you are looking at close to 19 years right now, but we're not done yet. You still have to get back to X (X being prechild financial level).
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.