Author Topic: Dating and Age  (Read 9287 times)

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
Re: Dating and Age
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 08:54:46 am »
As long as both are adults, age shouldnt be an issue. Of course age does not always equal maturity.
When I was in my late 20s I dated a woman in her mid 40s for several months. She was very adolescent, which is why I had to end it.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 09:01:54 am »
I should add that I think people should only date people their own age when they're young, when they're my age.

Out of curiosity, how would you determine "own age", within 3 years? What happens when someone turns 30 or 40? I'm not trying to attack you or anything. This just seems a bit odd coming from you. I was just wondering where this came from.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 11:10:15 am »
Reminds me of my friend's ex (this was freshman year in college). Well, they weren't technically dating, just screwing around on and off, but then my friend found out that she was dating a middle schooler. A whopping eighth grade boyfriend. Shit took a turn for the weird.

When I was a freshman in high school I had a friend who was 14 but looked easily 22. Women would always hit on him when we were out. I don't think I could realistically assess how mature he was at that point, but it's possible it wouldn't at any point be obvious he was fourteen unless he said so outright.

Well, the girl admitted that he was a middle schooler even as she was dating him. She was perfectly aware, knew his school and everything. I don't know what the hell was wrong with her.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline maanantai

• Likes to Move It Move It
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:38 am »
Personally I think it is more about mental than physical age (still assuming that everyone included is consenting adult and all that...) And yet somehow I've gotten this idea in my head, that 10 years is fine, but if you're dating someone close to your parents/children in age, that there must be something wrong. ._.

Me? always been in to older men myself (+10 or so) and could never think being with man who's not at least few years older than me. And luckily I found man to suit my age difference preferance. With women I would have been ok with +/-5 years... strange, when I start to think about it. I shouldn't.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »
Obligatory "Half your age plus seven."
^^^ This.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 06:44:53 pm »
I should add that I think people should only date people their own age when they're young, when they're my age.

Out of curiosity, how would you determine "own age", within 3 years? What happens when someone turns 30 or 40? I'm not trying to attack you or anything. This just seems a bit odd coming from you. I was just wondering where this came from.

I'm not sure what you mean.

What I meant to say is that the limits of reasonable age gap for most people my age (18-22) is much less than people a bit older (30-40). A 30 year old is likely to be very much like a 40 year old in terms of maturity. Or, at least, more than a 15 year old will be like a 25 year old.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Bender_Rodríguez

• Bishop
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 02:12:41 pm »
Pretty much love knows no bounds.  I've always dated girls who were younger than me.  My current statistical significant other is 9.5 yrs younger than me.  The older you get, the less age seems to matter

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 02:30:38 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean.

What I meant to say is that the limits of reasonable age gap for most people my age (18-22) is much less than people a bit older (30-40). A 30 year old is likely to be very much like a 40 year old in terms of maturity. Or, at least, more than a 15 year old will be like a 25 year old.

Ok. You phrased that a lot better there.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.