Author Topic: McDonald's suggested employee budget.  (Read 14994 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
McDonald's suggested employee budget.
« on: July 16, 2013, 05:59:06 pm »
Visa and McDs have created a website to show workers how to budget.  And the peasants rejoice.   

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/202172/mcdonalds-suggested-budget-for-employees-shows-just-how-impossible-it-is-to-get-by-on-minimum-wage/

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: McDonald's suggested employee budget.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:50:48 pm »
Here's a quick copy/paste of a comment and the replies to it. The third one is reminiscent of Romney's comment back during the election.

Alexander Taylor · Drum Teacher at Palen Music Center
This is the biggest problem facing us, our generation. The Federal Reserve, banks, and a fascist government/corporations are all to blame for this. It would be one thing if it had to be this way, but it doesn't. Just remember, the next time you start polishing up words like "repubtard" or "libtard" or whatever other useless words you'd like to use when discussing this, keep in mind that not a soul in either party has lifted a finger to solve this problem for anyone but the groups they're owned by.
Reply · 194 ·  · 18 hours ago

Rustin Sparks · Norman, Oklahoma
Well-put. I've never understood the venom toward one party by those of the other party. "You think differently than I do - You're clearly insane and I'll proceed to hate you, now."

Ugh.
Reply · 62 ·  · 11 hours ago

Christopher Engleby · Penn State
no the biggest problem facing our generation today is the refusal to admit its your own fault and get out their and change it.. start your own business .. for some reason we think we should be entertained and party 24/7 and still be paid like the people out their creating jobs and opportunities. sad
Reply · 127 ·  · 10 hours ago

Bobby Salvin ·  Top Commenter · Works at Philadelphia Debt Clinic and Consumer Law Center
They could do more, but the only party with anyone in it who wants to help this low wage worker is the Democratic party. People in the Republican party, for instance, have been against every increase in the minimum wage. I don't think the federal reserve, fascists, or even banks are to blame. The most helpful thing would be for fast food workers to unionize, so the employees could have bargaining power. We do need reforms to make it easier for employees to unionize. Republicans are the main opposition to unionization, not Democrats.
Reply · 55 ·  · 10 hours ago

The third one is reminiscent of Romney's comment back during the election. Really dude? Just start a business? Do you know how hard that actually is? Do you know how many small businesses I see come and go rather quickly?

This reminds me of a guy I know who is my age and is a hard core right-winger. Me and some other guys went by his house to pick him up on the way go have a goodbye party for another friend leaving to join the army. I saw his house and my friend made note of how big and nice it was and how it was in a brand new, high end neighborhood. His parents had to be pretty rich. I wonder if shit like that distorts these people's view of the world.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 06:56:13 pm »
My favorite part is that McDonald's seems to suggest that you have a second job, but according to one of the comments, the employment contract for McDonald's prohibits you from working at any other fast food restaurant.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:02:53 pm »
In my opinion, a single person with no children shouldn't HAVE to work a 2nd job to make a livable wage.  No matter what their job is.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 08:01:33 pm »
Health insurance costing $20 a month? Are they high?

Also, fuck food. We don't need that.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:02:13 pm »
Here's a quick copy/paste of a comment and the replies to it. The third one is reminiscent of Romney's comment back during the election.

(click to show/hide)

The third one is reminiscent of Romney's comment back during the election. Really dude? Just start a business? Do you know how hard that actually is? Do you know how many small businesses I see come and go rather quickly?

This reminds me of a guy I know who is my age and is a hard core right-winger. Me and some other guys went by his house to pick him up on the way go have a goodbye party for another friend leaving to join the army. I saw his house and my friend made note of how big and nice it was and how it was in a brand new, high end neighborhood. His parents had to be pretty rich. I wonder if shit like that distorts these people's view of the world.

This reminds me of a comment on some article I read (about student loan debt, I think) where some guy talked about how he didn't sit around and complain, he went out and worked three jobs because he knew the importance of hard work, and kids today are stupid and lazy for wanting to find "desk work," and that they just need to buck up and work three jobs just like he did, and that's just how it is.  Because how dare students want to find work in comfortable jobs after going to college, how dare students want to find the jobs they went to school for, how dare people not accept that if you can't pay off student loans already working two jobs, you just have to shut up and work three, otherwise you're lazy for "not doing what you have to."  Because how dare people believe that they shouldn't have to live in a society where you have to work three damn jobs in order to get by and pay off student loans, and how dare they not want to spend every waking hour working and not think that they should have to.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 08:06:36 pm »
Health insurance costing $20 a month? Are they high?

Also, fuck food. We don't need that.

I think they are tacitly admitting that you should steal all your food from them when you are working.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »
I guess your health insurance costs will skyrocket to $50 after you have a stroke from their food.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 08:51:10 pm »
Are we sure nobody hacked them? This seems insane.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 08:55:15 pm »
Hacked... what? Visa? McDonald's? The new site?

Of course it's insane. And insulting to boot.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 09:00:45 pm »
Hacked... what? Visa? McDonald's? The new site?

Of course it's insane. And insulting to boot.
Wherever Visa and McDonalds have posted it.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:51 pm »
Welcome to America... where instead of working to live, you live to work. 

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »
Welcome to America... where instead of working to live, you live to work.
Is it any wonder people turn to crime? What's the point of suffering daily when you can put that on someone else and no longer suffer?

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 09:26:44 pm »
Welcome to the new slavery...economic slavery. I prefer to call this the new Gilded Age myself.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »
Welcome to the new slavery...economic slavery. I prefer to call this the new Gilded Age myself.

There's already a term for what's happening here: Wage Slavery.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen