Author Topic: Windowshitters  (Read 17285 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Windowshitters
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2012, 08:33:27 pm »
That doesn't actually explain what people should do about it. Call the police? Clean it yourself? Board up her window? Shoot her?

Please. Shoot her? This isn't America, with your crude, violent and oversimplistic solutions. This is Scotland we're talking about, a land of Celtic traditions stretching back over the centuries and millennia, a land filled with outstanding natural beauty, a land of innovation in science, engineering and economics...

The solution is to knife her.

In other, unrelated news, I would like to ask the mods on this board where I can claim my prize for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Stereotype Perpetuation.

In related news, this doesn't seem to happen in my area. But then again, not a lot else does, either.

By "knife" I would think you mean this:

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:56 am »
The Claymore... the sword that's so big you have to be at least 6' tall to wield it to its full potential.

Being 5'6" the sword's probably not much shorter than I am...

Hell of a butterknife for the Scots.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 12:30:55 am »
a land proud of its centuries of

All 2.36 of them.

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:10 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardyloo

Prior to the advent of indoor plumbing, Gardyloo was a phrase used, first in Scotland, then in England, later in other European countries to warn passers-by that the contents of chamber pots were about to be thrown out of windows into nearby gutters.

Gardyloo is an Anglicisation of the French "gardez de l'eau!" i.e. "watch out for the water!" and is the basis of the term "loo" which many Brits still use in reference to the restroom facilities.

Of course, in the case of the neighbourhood windowshitters, "gardez de la merde!" is, perhaps, more appropriate.
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.